James Bouknight Commits to UConn

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Looks like he plays in some pretty off beat gyms too.  Not many fans or anything

Seriously. I guess we get spoiled in IN with our gyms and love of the game. Those courts looked like some local YMCA type action. 

Can he shoot from 3? I’m done bringing in guards that can’t shoot! I don’t want to go through anymore seasons without proper shooting. If he is as good as Newman than I’m good with him.

looking at highlights I play church basketball in a nicer gym than that. Even the private Christian schools down here have nicer facilities than that....and the talent he was playing against looked about at that level. Quick question he looked athletic but is that before or after his injury.

40 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Can he shoot from 3? I’m done bringing in guards that can’t shoot! I don’t want to go through anymore seasons without proper shooting. If he is as good as Newman than I’m good with him.

looking at highlights I play church basketball in a nicer gym than that. Even the private Christian schools down here have nicer facilities than that....and the talent he was playing against looked about at that level. Quick question he looked athletic but is that before or after his injury.

It was before, but the game that caught everyone's eye was after.  It seems he is fine.

41 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Someone inform Arch right away.

4 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

KB?  Surely you jest.  This means he is either putting pressure on other GUARDS or doesn’t feel comfortable about his position with the GUARDS we are recruiting.  KB isn’t a guard. 

When 0708 speaks I listen. I actually went back to make sure I hadn't missed a recruit with other KB initials. 

12 hours ago, dgambill said:

I played Church league for about 18 years until I had knee surgery.  Most of that time we played in the Hoosier gym in Knightstown best know for being the home court of Hickory in the movie Hoosiers.

11 hours ago, IU_Realist said:

This doesn’t affect Brooks.  You wait for Brooks.  This is clearly a guard play.  

How do you stop a kid you made an offer to from accepting. Fact is if 3 offers get accepted there may be no place for Brooks....or TJD. You can't turn down a kid you made an offer to unless you want to ruin some relationships and look very bad. There is no waiting...if someone accepts they get the position.

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

How do you stop a kid you made an offer to from accepting. Fact is if 3 offers get accepted there may be no place for Brooks....or TJD. You can't turn down a kid you made an offer to unless you want to ruin some relationships and look very bad. There is no waiting...if someone accepts they get the position.

There are definitely off the record understandings with offers. What do you think happens to all the offers that are out once we fill all of our spots?

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Offers will get pulled.  If say Newman and Franklin committed today the other guards would have their offers immediately pulled.

Archived