History...

Seeking6

Given the level of traffic I was curious if it might be a good time to explain the history of people running this place. Admittedly I was late to Scout but once I joined I found the people (Mile) and others genuine in trying to keep their site civil. 

If not feel free to delete. This site is my only place to talk IU anymore. 

A quick and short history lesson.  I started out as a lurker on John Decker's Hoosier Nation on the Scout network, more than a decade ago.  After years, I worked up enough nerve, to make my first post.  I was intimidated by regulars on the site, who knew so much more about basketball, and in particular about IU basketball, than I.  Basically stated as much on my first post.  And was greeted with a warm welcome by many of the posters, I had followed and admired while I was lurking.  It was a lesson learned from my first post.  One that I have never forgotten. And one that I have tried to carry on ever since. 

Consider Hoosier Sports Nation as a "No Troll Zone".  As we will continue to work to make HSN.03 a place where members can feel comfortable when they come to our site.  Trolls will be given the benefit of the doubt. But once it becomes obvious to the moderators as what their agenda is... then they will be taken care of.

We have simple rules and guidelines.  And frankly, the majority of our members know and abide by those rules and guidelines. I know I can speak for the rest of my fellow moderators that we appreciate how much that means to us, in making our job easier, and allowing our members to do what they intend to do when they visit HSN.03

Our game plan in establishing HSN.03 is to attempt to carry on that tradition.  Simply creating a place where fans, like you and others can congregate to talk IU and all things related. No membership fees. No advertising. And no hand outs for donations.  Although donations are always welcome.  Contact Hoosier Faithful for that. Nor are we selling "stuff" just to make a buck. We do this, because we love it.  Not because it is a business.

14 minutes ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Who are the Mods on this new site?

Colonial Crester, our founder.  Hoosier Faithful, who was instrumental in making HSN.03 happen, along with CC, and Indy Kev.  Hoosier Hoopster.  And Zline David, who is still part of the team, though we have not heard from him lately.  Some times life gets in the way of things.

Oh.... and me.  LOL

Thank you for joining !

Thank, like you Mile. I have been "here" from the beginning.  I joined the old scout site when the Sampson stuff was breaking and then followed this site ever since that legendary day/time that HSN 1.0 was created.  I don't over post but I was one of the first 100 members of that site that out grew itself and was by far the best site I have been involved in.  Hoping this site will be similar in terms of style and feel.  Can only hope that it re-unites some of the old members who didn't care for 247.  Good luck and proud to be a member.

Yes me too! I have loved IU basketball since I was a kid watching with my dad. I lurk mainly because I don’t have the breadeth of knowledge and information that you all do but I’m very happy that I’m allowed to be a member and learn from you all. And I see that hoosiermama has joined so it’s great to see another female on the board!

6 minutes ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Thank, like you Mile. I have been "here" from the beginning.  I joined the old scout site when the Sampson stuff was breaking and then followed this site ever since that legendary day/time that HSN 1.0 was created.  I don't over post but I was one of the first 100 members of that site that out grew itself and was by far the best site I have been involved in.  Hoping this site will be similar in terms of style and feel.  Can only hope that it re-unites some of the old members who didn't care for 247.  Good luck and proud to be a member.

Oh, I know you have been around for a long time.  Just glad you found us.... as we are not soliciting members from 247 to come here.  Appreciate your kind wishes. 

Just now, hoosierfan615 said:

Yes me too! I have loved IU basketball since I was a kid watching with my dad. I lurk mainly because I don’t have the breadeth of knowledge and information that you all do but I’m very happy that I’m allowed to be a member and learn from you all. And I see that hoosiermama has joined so it’s great to see another female on the board!

Wonderful to have you on board, as well.  Keep following HSN.03 and you will learn a ton about the game of basketball as well as IU BB and history.... just the same as I did !

FYI , Coach1K is also a female member who has followed us from platform to platform.  Just with a new user name on HSN.03 

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Colonial Crester, our founder.  Hoosier Faithful, who was instrumental in making HSN.03 happen, along with CC, and Indy Kev.  Hoosier Hoopster.  And Zline David, who is still part of the team, though we have not heard from him lately.  Some times life gets in the way of things.

Oh.... and me.  LOL

Thank you for joining !

I got fired?!?

I'm simply starting fresh but I will say that Mile and CC have been good to me the last few years and like Mile I was intimidated at first when posting but I have brushed all of that aside. And aside from following IU I also follow other programs as well and there are some of those programs that I no longer follow due to personal reasons beyond my control. 

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Oh.... and me.  LOL

Thank you for joining !

And Blue

2 minutes ago, Coach1K said:

I'm simply starting fresh but I will say that Mile and CC have been good to me the last few years and like Mile I was intimidated at first when posting but I have brushed all of that aside. And aside from following IU I also follow other programs as well and there are some of those programs that I no longer follow due to personal reasons beyond my control. 

We have had 2 or 3 other ladies join the last few days, so you are not alone anymore!!:cheers:

1 hour ago, MSHoosier said:

First time poster.  I too have been a lurker for years at various sites. IU grad who was a freshman in 1976. Thanks for all of you who help  make following the Hoosiers  the joy of a lifetime. Looking forward to this season with our new coach.

Nice to have you on board.  Welcome.   1976..... a great year to be a freshman at IU.  Something very special happened that year.  I got married  !   LOL

Oh, yeah,  IU undefeated too. 

19 hours ago, milehiiu said:

1976..... a great year to be a freshman at IU.  Something very special happened that year.  I got married  !  

Marriage is definitely one of those moments that you remember and treasure forever.

I definitely look back fondly on 1989, 1992, 1994, 1995, 1997, 1997 again, 2001, 2003, and 2009.   

Nice to read the history and thanks to all involved for setting this site up.  I'm a longtime IU fan who lurked a lot at the old site this past winter and finally joined, just as the 247 change was imminent. Found this new site via a post on the 247 site last week, and so glad I saw it! This is a wonderful group with great posters who have made me laugh out loud. Also I've learned a lot and looking forward to learning more as the seasons progress. Thanks, everyone!

5 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

Nice to read the history and thanks to all involved for setting this site up.  I'm a longtime IU fan who lurked a lot at the old site this past winter and finally joined, just as the 247 change was imminent. Found this new site via a post on the 247 site last week, and so glad I saw it! This is a wonderful group with great posters who have made me laugh out loud. Also I've learned a lot and looking forward to learning more as the seasons progress. Thanks, everyone!

I remember you from our epic “Whose going to be our next coach?” thread! Welcome to HSN 0.3!! 

I try to say it as often as I can to those responsible for keeping HSN alive and running as smooth as ever over the years.....thank you!! I lurked and even posted occasionally on peegs for years but never felt very comfortable there. Eventually, I ran into HSN 1.0 many years ago and finally felt like I found my online IU basketball home. I've reached out to Mile and CC to directly express my appreciation over the years. I just want to expressly thank Hoosierfaithful, Indy Kev, Hoosier Hoopster, Zline, and of course (I won't forget you!) Blue for everything you guys have done over the years to keep this site a positive place for the IU fans. 

MUCH appreciation to you all! :) 

11 minutes ago, JerseyHoosier said:

I try to say it as often as I can to those responsible for keeping HSN alive and running as smooth as ever over the years.....thank you!! I lurked and even posted occasionally on peegs for years but never felt very comfortable there. Eventually, I ran into HSN 1.0 many years ago and finally felt like I found my online IU basketball home. I've reached out to Mile and CC to directly express my appreciation over the years. I just want to expressly thank Hoosierfaithful, Indy Kev, Hoosier Hoopster, Zline, and of course (I won't forget you!) Blue for everything you guys have done over the years to keep this site a positive place for the IU fans. 

MUCH appreciation to you all! :) 

You don't need to appreciate Blue. He doesn't deserve it. 

Archived