Who starts?

5 hours ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

I would expect to see:

Green                   Phinisee/Durham

Langford              Durham/Green/Anderson/Blackmon

Morgan                 McRoberts/Hunter/Anderson

Smith                    Thompson/Forrester

Fitzner                  Forrester/Davis/Moore

Based on watching last years team, we lacked outside shooting at times.  I think that Langford obviously helps with that. Green and Durham becoming more consistent helps with that and if we use Morgan more at the 3 this year with having other bigs down low we could be pretty good on the perimeter, but if we struggle, I would not be surprised if Blackmon sees the floor for his shooting if his shooting is anywhere near what his brothers' are.  And based on watching him shoot at Hoosier Hysteria last year, he looked like a pretty good shooter from range. (Surprised to see him as a walk-on honestly, along with McRoberts.  I feel our walk-on squad could probably beat any other walk-on squad around)

Based on the Indiana All Star game (only one game so take it for what its worth):

I'd be very disappointed in Green if AP starts.  I think AP will be a great PG for IU in the future but he is still raw as far as a college point guard/leader goes as most freshman who aren't one and done's are.  The good Green is far better as of right now.   AP I think will get there but not this year but he should be a serviceable backup to Green if the good Green shows up this year.  Also based on the Indiana/UK all star game, I'm not expecting much out of Anderson this year.  I think he may become a special player for us as an upper class-man but not looking for much out of him this year.  I am hoping I am actually wrong about this one because I love this kid, but based on what I saw at the all-star game, I just don't see it happening for him this year.  I compare him to last year's team as in-between of Smith and Moore (not skill set but as far as playing time and effectiveness/contribution on the court)  

I loved what I saw from Thompson last year at Hoosier Hysteria.  I wish he would have not red-shirted last year but am grateful now that he did.  Really looking forward to him. 

I have not seen Hunter or Forrester play (and I'm not one to watch highlight tapes as they can be very misleading at times) but have heard great things from you all about them so my hopes are high but my expectations are unknown at this time.

I'd be pretty surprised to see Morgan play any 3 this year. Dont really see Smith playing the 3 either... Fitzner has more of a "3" skill set than Morgan or Smith. 

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Do you think we can expect anything from Moore or Forrester this season?  I would think it would spell the end for Clifton if Jake somehow beat him out on the depth chart.

I was told before the new guys came into the fold that they thought the light was starting to come on for Moore.  Archie has been heard saying he could be an NBA player with his skill set.  

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

I thought his ball handling and distributing were solid last year. 

Agreed. My issue with Al was that he just didn’t play with a lot of confidence. Didn’t look ready to catch and shoot didn’t look to play fast where he was looking to beat his man and put pressure on the defense. He was just mostly taking care of the ball and making the simple play. We don’t need another Green type but we need someone that will stress the defense. That’s the growth I’m hoping to see from him. Just the added strength and confidence in his shot should go a long way!

3 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I was told before the new guys came into the fold that they thought the light was starting to come on for Moore.  Archie has been heard saying he could be an NBA player with his skill set.  

Thats exciting to here about Moore. Anything he can add to our center position will be a plus...especially with Davis probably slowed to get back. I really appreciate all the info people have shared. When my father stopped working in Bloomington it got a lot harder to get updates around the program. Thanks!

Green                   Phinisee/Durham

Langford              Durham/(Green)/Anderson/Blackmon

McRoberts          Hunter/(Smith)/Anderson

Smith                    (Morgan)/Thompson/Fitzner/Forrester

Morgan                Fitzner/Davis/Moore/Forrester

Archived