TBT on ESPN

Anyone else watching any of this?  A team with Jordan Hulls is on now.  

I like how some teams are basically alumni teams for some schools, e.g. Boeheim’s Army.  I would love to see an IU alumni team in the future. 

This Elam ending is an interesting idea, and okay for the TBT, but I never want to see it in college basketball. 

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Elam ending?

At the first stoppage of play under four minutes to go in the game, the game clock is turned off. At that point the target score is established which is seven points more than the team in the lead has. The first team to that score wins. 

So if the score was 73-70 at that first under four stoppage, the first team to 80 wins however long that takes. The theory behind it is to eliminate the endless fouling that happens at the end of some games. Like I said, it’s an interesting idea for some summer television filler basketball, but I hope it stays there. 

2 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

At the first stoppage of play under four minutes to go in the game, the game clock is turned off. At that point the target score is established which is seven points more than the team in the lead has. The first team to that score wins. 

So if the score was 73-70 at that first under four stoppage, the first team to 80 wins however long that takes. The theory behind it is to eliminate the endless fouling that happens at the end of some games. Like I said, it’s an interesting idea for some summer television filler basketball, but I hope it stays there. 

To be honest, I kinda like it.  Thanks for the info.

3 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Anyone else watching any of this?  A team with Jordan Hulls is on now.  

I like how some teams are basically alumni teams for some schools, e.g. Boeheim’s Army.  I would love to see an IU alumni team in the future. 

This Elam ending is an interesting idea, and okay for the TBT, but I never want to see it in college basketball. 

I have tried to watch these games but they are horrible

3 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I hate these kinds of rules that try to totally change the game.  Also what happens if those teams go on a long drought to score those  points so that could make the game take even longer.

It really depended on where you were.

At several places I went to over the years street ball rules were to 15 by ones straight up.That was considered old school rules.

15 by ones make it- take it was something fairly common in a couple parts of Indianapolis when I ended up going up there to visit. 

Most of the time, people I knew in Bloomington also played 21 by 1's & 2's - win by two. My own friends were pretty tough and called only the obvious hard fouls. Fouls weren't called and considered kitten-like behavior in our family driveways, except we used a different term for it. Lol It's been a long time and this definitely brought back some great memories.

I'm on the fence about Elam Endings in major college games. I do like the concept overall, and it's  generally entertaining if nothing else. 

12 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Saw some of that..Christian hit a 3 from the left wing in that game.....thing of beauty...like he was just born to hit that shot lol. On a side not I had to listen to Dakich announce....and thus I had to turn the channel after about 20 minutes of his blabbering.

If we had an IU alumni team, who would you like to see on it?  

Team Name:

GM:

Booster(s):

Coach(es):

Free Players:

$1000 Additional Cost (Max 15 Spots)  (Optional)

Additional Info:  PER TBT Website.  Link

Who would make a good GM?

Someone who is organized, responsible, knows a lot of players, and doesn’t mind being on TV. Daryl Morey.

Who would make a good Booster?

Someone with access to a lot of people through Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, blog, media outlet, alumni network, etc. A Booster can be a person or organization. Everyone claims to have friends in high places; now is your chance to prove it. Some examples of past Boosters: John Wall, Michael Rapaport, Matt Ryan, Coach Miller.

What are the roster limits?

Teams can have a max of 15 players. The first 9 on your roster are free if they’re added before 12pm (noon) ET on June 1, 2017. Teams can have an unlimited amount of Coaches and Boosters.

How do we add Players to our team if we already have 9 or if it’s after June 1, 12p EST?

You must pay $1,000 per player up until the tournament starts. As you advance through the tournament, you may add more players, but it will cost increasing amounts. It’s $2,000 to add a player heading into the Super 16 and $3,000 to add a player heading into the Semifinals.

Any restrictions on what I can name my team?

Anonymous team names don’t help us or you. It’s best to name the team after something identifiable to as many people as possible. For example, Team CP3 would be a good name for a team on which Chris Paul is Booster. If your team represents a college alumni group, think of a name that would work as a fan group during the college basketball season (e.g. Boeheim’s Army).

How is the prize split up?

GMs will negotiate with each team member over his/her share of the final prize. GMs/Players/Boosters/Coaches get 90% of the prize and the winning team's top 201 Fans get 10%.

24 minutes ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

If we had an IU alumni team, who would you like to see on it?  

Team Name:  Cream and Crimson

GM:  Myself

Booster(s):  Cody Zeller, Victor Oladipo, and Archie Miller

Coach(es):  Ed Schilling and Derek Elston

Free Players:  (Not in any specific order)

1.  Watford
  2.  Hulls
  3.  Sheehey
  4.  Roth
  5.  Biefeldt
  6.  McSwain
  7.  Blackmon
  8.  Johnson
  9.  Zeisloft

$1000 Additional Cost (Max 15 Spots)  (Optional)

10.  Hartman

11.  White

12.  Newkirk

Archived