Caleb Love Commits to North Carolina

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Question...if we land Love what would be the chance that Lander would want to come in 2021? I can see us making Love a priority but I would not think Lander would come if he is behind Phinisee and Love? Or do you guys think we would have 3 high 4/5* pgs on the roster?

I’ve said this before I think in college you can play two PGs together for long stretches and it won’t affect either. Gosh there are many examples of this in college. 

Id LOVE IT

1 hour ago, TN_Hoosier said:

I'll be looking for your quarterly reports.  By the way, I retired from the U of I five years ago, and moved to eastern TN to answer the call of the surrounding mountains.  It's a bit different that Champaign-Urbana.  Also, spent a decade in Bloomington, IN.

I look forward to giving them and hope y’all enjoy them... this shootout is now one of the premier events in southern Illinois... in fact on the old site I told everyone how Justin Smith was better than everyone in the gym that night including a player by the name of Jayson Tatum! And a player by the name Michael Porter. Justin Smith has highlight reel dunks and was a man among boys!

On 12/29/2018 at 12:59 PM, IUfaninIllinois said:

I plan on going and watching him play January 5th so I’ll give everyone a report after each quarter?

Louisville, Purdue, and Mizzou head coaches at Highland Shootout today! Caleb Love has 15 at half but had 4 turnovers at the end of the half. He is good but still needs another year to develop. Since he’s from St. Louis he is compared to Bradley Beal and Jayson Tatum but he’s not on their level from when they were in high school.

7302DA80-30F0-4453-BE58-C9D46F380E99.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, cybergates said:

Do you prefer both to Morton?

What I love about Morton is that he can play next to a score first shooting point guard and yet run out of a 3 guard lineup and guard the 3. Put him next with shooters around him he becomes deadly with his vision. Think..like how Virginia used a 3 guard lineup...and Jerome being a bigger point but they also had that Clark kid as a point as well.

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

What I love about Morton is that he can play next to a score first shooting point guard and yet run out of a 3 guard lineup and guard the 3. Put him next with shooters around him he becomes deadly with his vision. Think..like how Virginia used a 3 guard lineup...and Jerome being a bigger point but they also had that Clark kid as a point as well.

I agree.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Some more video of Caleb....he really gets to the hoop with ease...will he be able to finish against bigger defenders....time will tell but the kid is almost impossible to keep him in front.

Id be very shocked if we got him... between Missouri SLU and Duke I just don’t see it... it’s weird but for some reason SLU gets these recruits to stay home that you wouldn’t expect. Travis Ford is a hell of a recruiter who got 3 top 100 players the last 3?years but one of them was a knucklehead and transferred to DePaul 

16 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Id be very shocked if we got him... between Missouri SLU and Duke I just don’t see it... it’s weird but for some reason SLU gets these recruits to stay home that you wouldn’t expect. Travis Ford is a hell of a recruiter who got 3 top 100 players the last 3?years but one of them was a knucklehead and transferred to DePaul 

Wife has a friend with a law degree from SLU....cost her a fortune...I’m sure there are plenty of friends of the program to help in that regard.

Archived