Caleb Love Commits to North Carolina

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah.  The more I read that quote by Love, the more I don't 'love' it.  And, I can't pass it off as an 'out of state' thing.  Can anyone imagine Vic making a comment like that?  

I agree, last winter he said UNC was his dream school. After I read the quotes it sealed the deal for me in that now not only don’t care where he goes I really want him to go somewhere else 

27 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah.  The more I read that quote by Love, the more I don't 'love' it.  And, I can't pass it off as an 'out of state' thing.  Can anyone imagine Vic making a comment like that?  

I will just pass on him period.

I love who we have signed but I’m not going to pretend I wouldn’t love to have a talent like Love on the team. He is a special player and one of the tops in his class. It makes sense that he would be the focus of the team if he came here and we would try to build around him. He would be by far our most talented player and maybe that appeals to him (being the focal point of the offense) or maybe he wants to go to a team with a lot of other elite recruits and share more of the load. I mean the kid has done nothing wrong to the program. He had us in his final 6. If he is good enough for Archie then he is good enough for me. Maybe this team needs an alpha dog.

6 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

"Only thing with them, they are going to try and get pieces around me and we will go from there.” - Love

"I look forward to doing what I can to make an impact from day one.” - Galloway

"Thank you to Coach Miller and his staff for investing in me and giving me the chance to live my childhood dream of being a Hoosier" - Leal

I realize the circumstances are different but to quote Sesame Street, "one of these things is not like the others".

Pretty selfish quote from Galloway tbh. Says "I", doesn't say "team". Should care more about his teammates and winning than what his personal impact is.

I look at this a little differently.

CAM has done a great job bringing in a couple of kids this recruiting class that are going to be "glue" types of kids that will provide a nice upgrade to an area that we have been lacking the last few years, namely shooting. Toughness, leadership and high ball IQ's seem to be part of the package as well.

What Love might bring is that alpha dog, go to guy that every team needs when the shot clock is winding down, the game is tight, the defense is in your face. Even Romeo tended to defer last year, imo. If a kid like Love can come in with a bit of swagger and be that guy who is unafraid of big shots, big moments, and can live with the results good and bad, then I believe he would be a welcome addition and a missing piece for our program.

20 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I look at this a little differently.

CAM has done a great job bringing in a couple of kids this recruiting class that are going to be "glue" types of kids that will provide a nice upgrade to an area that we have been lacking the last few years, namely shooting. Toughness, leadership and high ball IQ's seem to be part of the package as well.

What Love might bring is that alpha dog, go to guy that every team needs when the shot clock is winding down, the game is tight, the defense is in your face. Even Romeo tended to defer last year, imo. If a kid like Love can come in with a bit of swagger and be that guy who is unafraid of big shots, big moments, and can live with the results good and bad, then I believe he would be a welcome addition and a missing piece for our program.

In my opinion there is a huge difference between and "ME" player and a guy who wants to be the guy. I have been around many of each and I dont get the feeling that Love is just about himself. I personally want guys on our team that want it to be THEIR team

2 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Continuing our 2020 profile page series with 5-star guard Caleb Love. According to a Rivals report, official visits are coming soon, including Indiana.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/class-of-2020-iu-basketball-recruit-profile-pages-caleb-love/

He's being pursued by some of the top programs and is described as a premier athlete with significant potential on defensive end, however:

He's also described as a score first point guard ("more comfortable taking shots than setting up teammates") who averaged 3.5 TOs per game and shot below 30% from 3 in NIke EYBL. Have to trust the coaching staff on what they see.

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

He's being pursued by some of the top programs and is described as a premier athlete with significant potential on defensive end, however:

He's also described as a score first point guard ("more comfortable taking shots than setting up teammates") who averaged 3.5 TOs per game and shot below 30% from 3 in NIke EYBL. Have to trust the coaching staff on what they see.

Which is why I think he could fit next to Rob nicely and not be forced to be the primary ball handler and playmaker. He is certainly Uber talented. I just would love to say have this start a run on elite point guards at our school. Point guard U. First him then Lander then who knows but that would be nice for Archie to be the point guard whisperer.

28 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Looks like CAM has invested a lot of his time recruiting this kid. It's an uphill battle to say the least, and I can only hope we would hear some good news, but I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up a swing and a miss. 

Swing and a miss in my book is much better than to strike out looking. Same result but ..

18 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Swing and a miss in my book is much better than to strike out looking. Same result but ..

Agree! We gotta keep trying while growing the program organically with solid local kids. We may not be in a good spot to land this kid this time, but in a few years, we'll be in much better position. 

9 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Will he be available in three years too? 🤔 

We'll be in a much better spot to land OTHER good out of state players in the future, but maybe not Caleb Love this time. IU is just not that good enough to go head to head against other top 10 programs, let alone top 5 programs of all time. If it's recruiting an in-state kid, we may have an edge.

20 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Not always. Need to view to end.

I had to google that to see what was up.  It's a very interesting story.  Toronto was in a playoff push and needed the W.  They were up by double digits but it started to rain.  So, the players were trying to push through as fast as possible.  Notice the guy on deck also ran to the plate.  

10 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I had to google that to see what was up.  It's a very interesting story.  Toronto was in a playoff push and needed the W.  They were up by double digits but it started to rain.  So, the players were trying to push through as fast as possible.  Notice the guy on deck also ran to the plate.  

Always nice to have the back story.  That third swing makes a lot more sense now!

Archived