Caleb Love Commits to North Carolina

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

Take it FWIW but that's Khristian Lander's father I believe. Maybe Love coming to IU wouldn't eliminate us from getting him. 1802307222_ScreenShot2019-08-22at5_57_57PM.png.b921f4ea33f856d1498e3ea43ffcffd1.png

They could play together. Two headed attacking monster. Love has enough size to guard the two. Love probably wants to be OAD anyways but nothing wrong with IU turning into PG U!

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, dgambill said:

Hey guys...I still have an OV coming up! Show me the “Love”!

He wanted to see us add some pieces around him...we’ve put together some nice wings. Have we done enough? He could still come in and be the man.

I think a lot of it comes from that we as fans don't think we have a very good chance of Landing him

3 hours ago, IU4Ever said:

I just don't see it happening.   I think his expectations (OAD to the NBA - purely my own opinion) aren't going to mesh because I don't see a freshman Caleb Love unseating a junior Rob Phinisee for the PG position.

He would play the 2 spot and be a huge upgrade and there would probably be 10 mins a game at the 1 because we have no back up. We can play with two point guards easily.

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I think a lot of it comes from that we as fans don't think we have a very good chance of Landing him

I understand that...but people keep acting like Cross and Garcia are our last two big recruits when Love actually has an OV coming up in a couple weeks. Do we even have a visit scheduled for Garcia?

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

I understand that...but people keep acting like Cross and Garcia are our last two big recruits when Love actually has an OV coming up in a couple weeks. Do we even have a visit scheduled for Garcia?

Not yet. The Garcia recruitment will be more drawn out I believe. Love is still probably more of a long shot but his visit could be telling in his IU interest. 

16 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

He had better offers and has been prioritized more elsewhere. Indiana couldn't give him the time he craved because Indiana had better things/ more prudent things to take care of. 
That's all. And he (or his folks) haven't hinted Indiana has a great chance. 
That's all. He'll do great elsewhere. Phenomenal talent.

I am wondering why he is coming on a visit if he is not interested in IU.  It is not like Bloomington Indiana is a destination spot if you are just taking a visit for a trip.  You go to UCLA or Florida if you are just using a visit as a vacation.

I'm just surprised he waited until the final hour to announce. Between attention spent on Garcia, Kauffman, Lander and a few others this week.....I think it's been pretty well implied from Love's camp that he's focused on only a couple of schools and IU wasn't planning on wasting additional resources/time in recruiting him.

Makes sense on both sides. 

I'll be honest...wasn't crazy about the tone of this recruitment almost from day one...viewed it very much as a long shot.  Kind of the antithesis of the Geronimo recruitment and way different than the tone of the Lander recruitment as well.  IU may not get Lander either but I feel a lot better about the tone and fit there than I ever did about Love.

I suspect Love got his feelings hurt when the staff prioritized others this week and that pushed him past an edge he was already leaning hard over before the announcement. 

Archived