Caleb Love Commits to North Carolina

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

One constant is Archie is constantly looking for lead guards who can run the team.  It’s quite apparent that he puts a high priority on that. I have to say I agree with respect to having a floor general who can see the game a move or two ahead and who gets the ball to guys in the right spots so his teammates are in good position to thrive.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Hard to imagine he would want to come here and sit behind Phinissee for 2 years but who knows.

I think we would have plenty of minutes at both the 1 and the 2 spot given this kid is 6'3. Given how few true ball handlers we have on the team I don't mind starting two point guards at all if it comes to that. It would take a lot of the pressure off a freshman to not have to handle it all the time and allow him to use some of his other tools. I doubt he is a 1 and done type anyways. Probably a 3 or 4 year player regardless so playing behind for a year or two shouldn't be an issue...and if he is better...he will play over Phinisee. I mean on paper he is ranked about 100 spots higher so why should he worry about playing time if he is that good. If you can't come in and beat out a low 4 star kid then where else would he go that he doesn't have to beat anyone out?

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Getting him as a freshman when Rob P. is a junior seems like a great fit. He's a solid 4 star that can learn/grow/push Rob along and then fully take the keys when he's ready 

I think there'd be room for him but what about that kid from Reitz in the 2021 class?  He's been to Btown 3 times I think and could be a 5 star.  Not sure he'd want to come if Love is here.

8 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I think there'd be room for him but what about that kid from Reitz in the 2021 class?  He's been to Btown 3 times I think and could be a 5 star.  Not sure he'd want to come if Love is here.

Good point, I may take back what I said depending on how good the Reitz kid is. Good problem to have I guess

36 minutes ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Good point, I may take back what I said depending on how good the Reitz kid is. Good problem to have I guess

Its my understanding Lander is the #1 player, or at least guard in that class.  And that is written firmly in dry erase marker for what its worth.

• 2 months later...

Archived