Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Sign in to follow this  
CauseThatsMyDJ

Caleb Love

Question...if we land Love what would be the chance that Lander would want to come in 2021? I can see us making Love a priority but I would not think Lander would come if he is behind Phinisee and Love? Or do you guys think we would have 3 high 4/5* pgs on the roster?

33 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Question...if we land Love what would be the chance that Lander would want to come in 2021? I can see us making Love a priority but I would not think Lander would come if he is behind Phinisee and Love? Or do you guys think we would have 3 high 4/5* pgs on the roster?

I’ve said this before I think in college you can play two PGs together for long stretches and it won’t affect either. Gosh there are many examples of this in college. 

Id LOVE IT

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BADGERVOL said:

I’ve said this before I think in college you can play two PGs together for long stretches and it won’t affect either. Gosh there are many examples of this in college. 

Id LOVE IT

A la Hulls and Yogi. You’ll make it work for good players. 

4 hours ago, DocHoosier said:

A la Hulls and Yogi. You’ll make it work for good players. 

Steph Marbury and that Barry brother.

Kaleed Reeves and Damon Stoudamire...

i love tsk PG’s in a backcourt together!

Not sure I'd classify Love as a PG. Very good passer, good vision, good handle but his ability to score in a lot of ways just makes me think he is a well-rounded guard. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CoachSS said:

Not sure I'd classify Love as a PG. Very good passer, good vision, good handle but his ability to score in a lot of ways just makes me think he is a well-rounded guard. 

I plan on going and watching him play January 5th so I’ll give everyone a report after each quarter?

• Like 1

I'll be looking for your quarterly reports.  By the way, I retired from the U of I five years ago, and moved to eastern TN to answer the call of the surrounding mountains.  It's a bit different that Champaign-Urbana.  Also, spent a decade in Bloomington, IN.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TN_Hoosier said:

I'll be looking for your quarterly reports.  By the way, I retired from the U of I five years ago, and moved to eastern TN to answer the call of the surrounding mountains.  It's a bit different that Champaign-Urbana.  Also, spent a decade in Bloomington, IN.

I look forward to giving them and hope y’all enjoy them... this shootout is now one of the premier events in southern Illinois... in fact on the old site I told everyone how Justin Smith was better than everyone in the gym that night including a player by the name of Jayson Tatum! And a player by the name Michael Porter. Justin Smith has highlight reel dunks and was a man among boys!

On 12/29/2018 at 12:59 PM, IUfaninIllinois said:

I plan on going and watching him play January 5th so I’ll give everyone a report after each quarter?

Louisville, Purdue, and Mizzou head coaches at Highland Shootout today! Caleb Love has 15 at half but had 4 turnovers at the end of the half. He is good but still needs another year to develop. Since he’s from St. Louis he is compared to Bradley Beal and Jayson Tatum but he’s not on their level from when they were in high school.

7302DA80-30F0-4453-BE58-C9D46F380E99.png

Edited by IUfaninIllinois
  • Thanks 1