Caleb Love Commits to North Carolina

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rev_AK said:

A Louisville radio station reported Love had Louisville in his final six. Then mentioned IU. Did we make it? And is the “final six” something to celebrate?? Not sure

It’s better than not being in the final 6 but I think we rolling a big stone uphill in this one.

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Why go to the negative? Give the kid the benefit of the doubt. Don’t assume that there is something dirty here.

Things may surprise you 

I’ll try. It’s not so much about the kid as the schools that are in on him. I may be wrong but St. Louis area...probably not much better than trying to go into Chicago and getting a kid. I hope you are right and if it’s one or two schools that’s one thing but final 6 and majority are schools with that history.,.it does give you pause.

45 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’ll try. It’s not so much about the kid as the schools that are in on him. I may be wrong but St. Louis area...probably not much better than trying to go into Chicago and getting a kid. I hope you are right and if it’s one or two schools that’s one thing but final 6 and majority are schools with that history.,.it does give you pause.

Cup so Martin hasn’t been good and hired Michael and jontay porters dad just to land the recruits and it backfired. He in my opinion is on the hot seat. He’s losing St. Louis area kids to SLU include a couple of top 100 recruits lately... if Missouri has a decent year I could def see love going there... Arizona and Kansas are on bigggg radars so they are going to stay clean... IMO it’s down to Louisville and Missouri with Louisville winning out

I don't have any intel but just seems like a long shot. To quote him from that rivals article he said (in regards to IU) "Only thing with them, they are going to try and get pieces around me and we will go from there.” Doesn't sound like we'll convince him to come unless we first land guys like Steward and Garcia...

2 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

I don't have any intel but just seems like a long shot. To quote him from that rivals article he said (in regards to IU) "Only thing with them, they are going to try and get pieces around me and we will go from there.” Doesn't sound like we'll convince him to come unless we first land guys like Steward and Garcia...

I would agree with that.  Caleb Love is a nice player, but unless a lot changes, I don't see him at IU.

3 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

Well, I would tell him the pieces are there at IU to succeed if he wants to be THE alpha dog.  If he wants to be one of multiple guys that are hyped, with a greater chance of getting lost in the crowd, then UNC or Arizona fits that profile more than IU.  

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

"Only thing with them, they are going to try and get pieces around me and we will go from there.” - Love

"I look forward to doing what I can to make an impact from day one.” - Galloway

"Thank you to Coach Miller and his staff for investing in me and giving me the chance to live my childhood dream of being a Hoosier" - Leal

I realize the circumstances are different but to quote Sesame Street, "one of these things is not like the others".

Archived