Urban Meyer placed on administrative leave

5 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I read somewhere Meyer may have violated his contract buy not reporting misconduct by a university employee which is a title 9 violation, and a requirement in his contract.

That is true.  Based on what I have read in addition to you.  And it applies to his wife also. Is the reason, I reported earlier, that her job at OSU may be in jeopardy, as well.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

I would hate to know the crazy stuff that goes on at some programs. I have no doubt some of those things happened at Florida. When I played baseball in college, at the end of a practice, we had to run 4 sets of 300 yard timed sprints. The coach was all pissed about something, and made us follow that with a 2.5 mile run around campus and then go work out. That blew.

We had one where our starting catcher at 20 years old got drunk at a bar, got in the wrong car, stole it, and got pulled over. Got swept under the rug and suspended for 6 games for undisclosed reasons. He missed our first 3 game series again some tiny school in Alabama, played in our 2nd series which was a tournament against Texas Tech and Northwestern, and missed our next series against another crappy Alabama school. The next fall, had another kid get caught drinking underage at the bar and got kicked off the team. And that was just at some small D1 college for baseball.

There was one part of the video that did make me laugh. It's around 15:23 in the video.

"When players were injured, they were called...pansies."  Pretty sure that's more mild than almost all coaches back in Meyer's Florida days. He even paused for dramatic effect lol.

Archived