IU's most unheralded player....

30 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Are they?  I know IU fans are all excited about what they can bring to the team next season, but I’m not sure they’re getting much buzz around the Big Ten/NCAA.

They are on here.  Most of us seem convinced Smith will be one of the most improved players in the nation.  0708 says Hunter could possibly be one and done.  I haven't seem much talk about Al or Fitz.  I think both will be very important. 

1 hour ago, addictedtoIU said:

If De'Ron can have a productive year, watch out. IU will be a very dangerous team. 

Thanks 987 and addicted for giving a shout out to my favorite player.  Just would like to point out that , despite his injury, De'Ron has gotten a fair amount of pub this off season. Of course, I realize I may follow De'Ron more closely than most any other IU player, or any other member of this wonderful board. In a lot of the stories that have included De'Ron, the general consensus is like you guys are saying.... De'Ron very well could be the X factor.

Also,  De'Ron has been featured in two videos on his channel produced by IU Athletics this off season.  Thinking the off season hype disqualifies De'Ron as an unheralded player. Unlike many of the others listed so far in this thread.

Having said that, I would like to offer something special to both of you for mentioning my favorite IU player......:).

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks 987 and addicted for giving a shout out to my favorite player.  Just would like to point out that , despite his injury, De'Ron has gotten a fair amount of pub this off season. Of course, I realize I may follow De'Ron more closely than most any other IU player, or any other member of this wonderful board. In a lot of the stories that have included De'Ron, the general consensus is like you guys are saying.... De'Ron very well could be the X factor.

Also,  De'Ron has been featured in two videos on his channel produced by IU Athletics this off season.  Thinking the off season hype disqualifies De'Ron as an unheralded player. Unlike many of the others listed so far in this thread.

Having said that, I would like to offer something special to both of you for mentioning my favorite IU player......:).

When I saw De'Ron's video, I appreciated he was a well-mannered and lighthearted young man who stayed positive and on course during his rehab. I believe last season he, as the only legit big man (who could contribute), had to shoulder a lot of pressure. He often had foul troubles, but when he was on rhythm, he could score multiple buckets in a hurry when we really needed them. As our younger players get better and as we brought in Fitzner, he can play as hard as he can for 15 min (maybe up to 20 min, depending on his level of conditioning) and become a serious impact player. We now have all different kinds of big men in Morgan, Davis, and Fitzner along with better guards and wings; CAM has a lot of weapons to choose from. 

Race is probably the most under the radar 'newcomer'.  It seems he has really fit in well and it wouldn't surprise me to see him provide some solid minutes.

On the other hand, I believe it was DeRon that said the best shooter on the team is Fitzner (on the picture day video as I recall).  If so, I think he will be the biggest surprise for many.

2 hours ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Race is probably the most under the radar 'newcomer'.  It seems he has really fit in well and it wouldn't surprise me to see him provide some solid minutes.

Does seem that Race has been the forgotten man.  I agree. 

Archived