Roy Williams Court

When asked about the court being named after him.  True to his nature, said : "I know nothing about it.  I'm still trying to figure out what a 'paper class' is. "

I jest, of course.  But you get the point.  Paper classes being offered for 21 years, and Roy Williams proclaimed on ESPN, that he did not know what a paper class is. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Good find. That's just lame to me. 

Then you will love this little tidbit while I was doing research.  UNC won their first title under Frank McGuire in the 56-57 season going 32-0 which is tied with Bob Knight for the most wins in a season without a loss.  In 1961 McGuire's Tar Heels were found guilty of major NCAA violations along with rumors of point shaving.  McGuire was fired and his top assistant took over as head coach........a guy by the name of Dean Smith.

I never knew this stuff at all.

7 hours ago, dgambill said:

Same with coach K. Hopefully in another 15-20 years we will be talking of doing the same for Archie.

A mistake many have made.  The Court in Assembly Hall is named after Branch McCracken.  A fact that was lost on Dick Vitale for years, before learning the court was named for Coach McCracken..... when Vitale, for years for nearly every game he did at AH, pontificated and talked down to IU's admin for not named the court after Coach Knight.  Eventually Vitale became aware the court was already named and stopped his rant to name the court after Coach Knight.  Thank goodness for that.

Indiana refinishes, repaints Branch McCracken Court at  Assembly Hall 

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

A mistake many have made.  The Court in Assembly Hall is named after Branch McCracken.  A fact that was lost on Dick Vitale for years, before learning the court was named for Coach McCracken..... when Vitale, for years for nearly every game he did at AH, pontificated and talked down to IU's admin for not named the court after Coach Knight.  Eventually Vitale became aware the court was already named and stopped his rant to name the court after Coach Knight.  Thank goodness for that.

I knew the court was named but courts etc have been renamed. If Archie wins multiple championships and numerous B1G titles it wouldn’t be out of the question for people to debate having the court renamed after him is all I was saying...and I would love to have the debate because it would mean Archie has led us to a lot of success.

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I knew the court was named but courts etc have been renamed. If Archie wins multiple championships and numerous B1G titles it wouldn’t be out of the question for people to debate having the court renamed after him is all I was saying...and I would love to have the debate because it would mean Archie has led us to a lot of success.

Simon Skjodt Archie Miller Assembly Hall has a nice ring to it. 

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Regardless of how successful Archie is i doubt a two time NC winning coach has ever been named over. 

If anything I would say that when we have to replace assembly hall that building could be named after him

Maybe we can at least name the chairs or perhaps the media room after Coach Knight...since he has had some pretty epic moments in and with both those lol. Anyways I don’t want to take anything away from anyone...but hopefully Archie can do well enough we have to find a way to honor him.

13 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Well they need to paint "Branch McCracken Court" on the court.

14 hours ago, dgambill said:

Are you suggesting we should honor Coach Miller for doing what is expected of him?  :coffee:

Archived