Kentucky to play an exhibtion game against Indiana University !

Funny Mile! I dig it!  

I never thought I'd ever envy a Celtics fan, but suddenly having to be diplomatic with the LeBron camp is like giving Lima beans a chance.:  I guess it's good for me , but I don't know how to  stomach them yet.

Cool bit of history about playing against IUPA too, Gleas.  Who else here is guilty of seeing Indiana on the schedule and changing to one of their games by mistake.? Lol   Been there , done that as a kid back when they were really good  IU had missed a bowl and I see Indiana in a TV guide, which as you know were always notoriously abbreviated . I got excited thinking wow somehow the Hoosiers are bowl bound after all!!!  I put on all of my IU gear, set my mom's VCR .....it was an IUPA playoff game.  Anyone claiming to be without a similar IUPA story is probably lying.  😜

10 hours ago, BGleas said:

Guess I’ve got to come out of the woodwork on this one. Lame, Mile? I played in the same division/conference as IUP. Played them twice every season.

😀

I've seen you lurking for quite some time this summer.  I have been working hard. Working hard, I tell you.... to post something to get you back in the game.  Glad that this  was the thread that turned the trick( how's that for the number of words that start with T? lol).  Welcome back !

You're a good man and valued member as well. 

Oh, by the way. The lameness was directed towards Kentucky, not IUP.  :P

After reading this post I went to look at the kaintucky cheaters non conference schedule !! Found out that they (UK CHEATERS) will play 4 games in Bahama this summer and rhe 4 teams they will be playing are NOT the usual cupcake Bahaman teams !Wednesday August 8, 2018 they play the Bahaman NATIONAL team at 7 PM on the SEC Network Television !1 On Aug. 9th, they play San Lorenzo De Almagro at 7 PM also on SEC Network . On Sat. Aug. 11th. they will play Mega Bemax at 7 PM also on SEC Network . Finally , they will play TEAM TORONTO at 4 PM on Sunday , August 12 ,2018 . (Also on the SEC TV Network !! I have a strong feeling that the ky cheaters will have some good competition in this 4 game event !! On paper anyway , it looks like these teams have some very good players and have as much size ( if not more) than the mildkats !! Beat those stinking mildkats ,vbg !!!

9 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

After reading this post I went to look at the kaintucky cheaters non conference schedule !! Found out that they (UK CHEATERS) will play 4 games in Bahama this summer and rhe 4 teams they will be playing are NOT the usual cupcake Bahaman teams !Wednesday August 8, 2018 they play the Bahaman NATIONAL team at 7 PM on the SEC Network Television !1 On Aug. 9th, they play San Lorenzo De Almagro at 7 PM also on SEC Network . On Sat. Aug. 11th. they will play Mega Bemax at 7 PM also on SEC Network . Finally , they will play TEAM TORONTO at 4 PM on Sunday , August 12 ,2018 . (Also on the SEC TV Network !! I have a strong feeling that the ky cheaters will have some good competition in this 4 game event !! On paper anyway , it looks like these teams have some very good players and have as much size ( if not more) than the mildkats !! Beat those stinking mildkats ,vbg !!!

To me this would have been a good year for IU to have one of these summer tours.

Does it bother anyone that Duke and UK get free publicity tour for these preseason games on ESPN/SEC channel? I don't know if the B1G puts these type of games on tv for us but if not someone needs to get working on it. Must be a nice selling feature for their university to these recruits to be able to say when no other basketball is on they are getting this kind of publicity.

Archived