Fandom

rico

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I have enough issues with my guys. Bears ownership has been a joke to it's team, coaches, players, and fans for decades. 

IMHO the problem with the Bears is they never have a franchise QB.  Really, not even close.

Paul George. 

hahahahahaha

College bball: IU. Period.

NBA - Pacers, Thunder (yes, because of PG!). But with the NBA, also follow other players' games more than other '"teams'" games - for: Lillard, always followed Vic but he's now covered by the P's, OG, Gordon (EJ), Kawhi, Tatum, Unibrow. Against: Durant, Draymond. Draymond again (can someone please kick him in the nads? Maybe Grayson Allen will trip him this year), ZaZa.

NFL: Grew up a Redskins fan. Don't really watch the NFL now.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I stand corrected. I just googled. Bears have had 42 quarterbacks since they drafted McMahon in 1982. Hahahaha...

Not surprising.  I just shake my head.  Is it really that difficult?  Seems like the rest of the league finds gems......why not the Bears?

I'm an IU fan through and through....but if we aren't playing and it won't affect our ranking or position I will root for other Indiana located schools such as ND, BUTLER, and yes....even Purdue although I have to admit I'm not too disappointed if they do lose lol.

Pacers, Colts, and Cubs....I understand football is different since many didn't grow up with the Colts...but once they came here...I was just the right age to become a fan. I'm a regular on the Colts fan board for many years.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I know the last 3-4 have stunk. Grigson drafted 21 guys from 2013-15. 2 are left on roster. I agree...Grigson never should have been hired and certainly should have been fired earlier. 

I have enough issues with my guys. Bears ownership has been a joke to it's team, coaches, players, and fans for decades. 

I wouldn't say the last 3 or 4 years have stunk except last year. The record since Manning left

11-5 lost 1st round of playoffs

11-5 lost in 2nd round of the playoffs

11-5 went to AFC championships

8-8

8-8

4-12

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I wouldn't say the last 3 or 4 years have stunk except last year. The record since Manning left

11-5 lost 1st round of playoffs

11-5 lost in 2nd round of the playoffs

11-5 went to AFC championships

8-8

8-8

4-12

Stunk relative to the 15+ years of just winning 12 games per year. It was meant in jest. 

29 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I'm an IU fan through and through....but if we aren't playing and it won't affect our ranking or position I will root for other Indiana located schools such as ND, BUTLER, and yes....even Purdue although I have to admit I'm not too disappointed if they do lose lol.

Pretty much my take, but Purdue is last on the list of state schools.

College: Purdue

Baseball: Cardinals

Hockey: Blues

Football: Colts

Basketball: Pacers

I wasn’t born a Purdue fan but became one over time (my entire family is IU). Went to several Purdue basketball camps as a kid and started following Purdue football during the late Brees/early Orton era when Purdue was rolling. I vividly remember being at the bucket game in Bloomington when I was in high school and a buddy of mine and I went to sit with some buddies on the IU side who had good seats (one of the guy’s dad’s is a huge IU booster so the seats were awesome). When Purdue scored I jumped up and clapped during the fight song and have been a diehard fan ever since.  

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

College: Purdue

Baseball: Cardinals

Hockey: Blues

Football: Colts

Basketball: Pacers

I wasn’t born a Purdue fan but became one over time (my entire family is IU). Went to several Purdue basketball camps as a kid and started following Purdue football during the late Brees/early Orton era when Purdue was rolling. I vividly remember being at the bucket game in Bloomington when I was in high school and a buddy of mine and I went to sit with some buddies on the IU side who had good seats (one of the guy’s dad’s is a huge IU booster so the seats were awesome). When Purdue scored I jumped up and clapped during the fight song and have been a diehard fan ever since.  

Are you adopted?  Sorry, couldn't resist.

IU BB,, ND FB- IU FB  CHSOX BB. HOCKEYBLACKHAWKS , PACERS Not a fan of Baltimore ( Indy) COLTS😉 Like the years that Chuck Bavis was at Purdue. Chuck was 7 ft had a bad accident lost part of foot or he would have been NBA bound I believe! He was from Garrett, just a few miles from my hometown of Waterloo! Only time i liked PU sorry HTD! DA BEARS!!

20 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

NFL - Bronco's and Colts - Although I wish Irsay would sell the team and we could turn the corner.  Manning made Indy what it was and they haven't recovered since

College BB - IU

College Football - ND and Tenn

Baseball - Cubs

We made the playoffs 3 straight years after manning left? We have more than recovered. 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Bolt/Steelers-have-second-most-wins-in-NFL-since-2000-115115594/Amp/

We have the 3rd most wins in the NFL since 2000. Even after the last 3 years. The 3 years after manning we went to the playoffs and had a 3-3 record in those games, which in playoff terms is solid. 

Thanks for finding this. I knew the Colts had to be top 2 or 3 since 2000. I'll reiterate what I said yesterday. I'll take Irsay all day long over other owners.

Every college sport ever: Indiana - and that is regardless of what a couple of mis-opined souls out there might think to the contrary.  

NFL: Colts  -   Browns get some love still too, since they were there first in my life before the Colts moved to Indy...

NBA Pacers , then Lakers 

MLB: Indians,  then Cubs    I also like the Yankees, but only  because I hate the Red Sox! 

NHL:  Philadelphia Flyers - An oddity since I was a kid who liked Australian animals, and my favorites were kangaroos ,, and the females are called "flyers" - Different reason from the others , but it stuck permanently.like ALL of my loyalties not initialed RMK!    

Edit : Oh and any thoroughbred going for the Triple Crown!!  

Kudos to the poster who extolled the Cleveland Browns !! Paul Brown ( he who started the Cleveland Brown Franchise ) was the shrewdest mind EVER in Pro Football ! He found really good  players from places like Case Western Reserve !!  I remember he had  two Fullbacks who were as big as IU's defensive ends (Marion   Motley & Maurice Basset ) !! I wonder if that is where Lee Corso got his idea for the " Elephant Back "" he used while coaching IU ???? [vbg]

Archived