Major College Football Turnarounds

39 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think the 1-year turnaround Brohm did deserves some mention. 

If you read the article, you'll notice it's talking about programs that were bad for several years, or even decades, eventually finding success. But I guess it's just easier to remind us for the millionth time that Brohm is God.

17 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think the 1-year turnaround Brohm did deserves some mention. 

Sigh...please stop.  I don't understand why you spend so much time here, but I've come to fully expect you to show up when there is a discussion about Purdue.   I guess I get that.  But far too often I come here to read about IU and you bring Purdue into the conversation when Purdue was never part of the conversation in the first place.  You did it with a baseball coaching thread awhile back and here is another example.  

BTW, Brohm can't be in the article because the article clearly states that a conference title is part of the criteria.

I was going to leave my last post up , but the subject matter has done nothing to get extraordinary mention here. 

IU will eventually become the biggest turnaround story in B1G history. The best thing about the lowest of the lows is when the turnaround resembles anything close to the above comes IU won't just be a story ; They will be THE story

9 wins, Just once .That's all it will take to rival the win totals of IU's only great time periods in it's entire history . Anything more and it's the national story of the year as well.  

8 regular season wins eclipses the last 50 years , and if it includes Michigan , and  Ohio State it's hands down . 

30 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Ha ha.  You are either just trolling us or you didn't read it, right?

Used to be a decent poster and would actually talk about IU, but rapidly trending towards troll status by only bringing up Purdue and his love for Brohm.  Maybe once Brohm ditches them, he'll return to being okay.

34 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Used to be a decent poster and would actually talk about IU, but rapidly trending towards troll status by only bringing up Purdue and his love for Brohm.  Maybe once Brohm ditches them, he'll return to being okay.

Been this way for awhile, really. I think on another board we nicknamed him Stlthreadspoiler because he sidetracked so many threads with this junk. I've never understood why he gets so much rope on our boards. Any other poster doing this would have been gone a long time ago.

2 hours ago, rico said:

I wouldn't call this recent history.  And I could be wrong but I remember hearing something about Oregon not making a bowl for 25 straight years until Rich Brooks got there.

In 89 they made their first bowl game in 26 years.  He took over in 77, so it was his 13th season there when they made the 1989 Independence Bowl.

The crazy thing about Brooks tenure was that he actually tried to resign in 1980 due to Oregon giving out false credit for classes, players misuse of credit cards, and women being forced into sexual acts by football players, but the university president didn't accept his resignation.  If that happened today, he would have been given a raise!

Archived