Conservative VS fan

Payday

14 hours ago, Payday said:

He won’t see the field next year. Tronti will take over. That inability to judge talent, by itself, should preclude you posting. 

We don't call names here, we are better than that. I edited this for you. The debate is a good topic, with class.---Indykev

Just curious as to where/how you've seen Tronti play enough to make such a bold statement. I'd love it if he were that talented and is far better than Ramsey but I somehow doubt you've had access to practice (not that he gets many reps in practice in the first place) to be able to judge his talent. So if you're basing your assumption on his high school tapes, that's just naive....there's a reason he only had two power 5 conference offers (the other being Arizona, not exactly a power house) even after being Mr. Football in the state of Florida. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I guess I missed this post before it got edited but why can't some people take when others disagree with their viewpoints.  What I have said about Lagow is correct and just look at the film and you would see it.  He is not an accurate passer who misses the receivers by a few feet.  He does not follow through on his throws which leads them to float over the WR's head.  He has not touch on the short passes and think he has to throw it a hour miles an hour.

Maybe start with the horrible line, which tends to create a need for a run for your life QB and messes with accuracy. All the shots the QB's took last year because cronk was young and others were injured, then seeing them pushed back in the QB's face this year, maybe we upgrade our line to help the qb's and rb's. I saw a play in the Ohio game where cronk was manhandled and pushed back past the QB! Just watch the film, why do you think we need a small mobile QB? It is because the line continuity is just bad. I thought they would work through it as a team and things would work out, but the coaches need to put the weaker passer in so he can compensate for the line. This is nothing more than fixing a symptom and ignoring the problem. Ramsey should start and play the whole game in order to make up for the weak line, but it is a shame the coaches never addressed the real problem in off season because we had a great opportunity with the receivers and QB and we saw it in the Ohio game. I welcome a change at QB but you have to be able to watch film to understand the need for the change isn't the QB as much as a lack of a line. And it isn't necessarily the player's fault as much as they are young, undeveloped and look poorly coached at times. Ramsey had to scramble over 20 times last Saturday! You think he is scrambling for his entertainment? Forest for the trees IU Scott, forest for the trees. 

And as for your expertise QB analysis, it is wanting. If this were peewee football you might be qualified, but this is big ten football. The opinions of people on ESPN and opponent coaches are probably better opinions than an anonymous person on this board who cannibalizes his own team and kids at his school. I realize we have been at the bottom forever, so perhaps that is why you are so inept.

Payday -- please either take a moment to compose yourself before posting or take a day or two away from the board.  We support and encourage different POV's here but we do not allow name-calling or personal attacks, such as calling someone inept.  Debate their ideas, not their intelligence.  It simply does not further the goals of the discussion.

35 minutes ago, Payday said:

Maybe start with the horrible line, which tends to create a need for a run for your life QB and messes with accuracy. All the shots the QB's took last year because cronk was young and others were injured, then seeing them pushed back in the QB's face this year, maybe we upgrade our line to help the qb's and rb's. I saw a play in the Ohio game where cronk was manhandled and pushed back past the QB! Just watch the film, why do you think we need a small mobile QB? It is because the line continuity is just bad. I thought they would work through it as a team and things would work out, but the coaches need to put the weaker passer in so he can compensate for the line. This is nothing more than fixing a symptom and ignoring the problem. Ramsey should start and play the whole game in order to make up for the weak line, but it is a shame the coaches never addressed the real problem in off season because we had a great opportunity with the receivers and QB and we saw it in the Ohio game. I welcome a change at QB but you have to be able to watch film to understand the need for the change isn't the QB as much as a lack of a line. And it isn't necessarily the player's fault as much as they are young, undeveloped and look poorly coached at times. Ramsey had to scramble over 20 times last Saturday! You think he is scrambling for his entertainment? Forest for the trees IU Scott, forest for the trees. 

And as for your expertise QB analysis, it is wanting. If this were peewee football you might be qualified, but this is big ten football. The opinions of people on ESPN and opponent coaches are probably better opinions than an anonymous person on this board who cannibalizes his own team and kids at his school. I realize we have been at the bottom forever, so perhaps that is why you are so inept.

Are you an opponent coach or do you work for ESPN?

1 hour ago, Payday said:

I guess we have a new condescending know it all poster and every other person on here is beneath him.  With your vast knowledge of football you shouldn't be here.  You should be on the side lines at a top major program rather than trying to show your superiority on a message board.

51 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Payday -- please either take a moment to compose yourself before posting or take a day or two away from the board.  We support and encourage different POV's here but we do not allow name-calling or personal attacks, such as calling someone inept.  Debate their ideas, not their intelligence.  It simply does not further the goals of the discussion.

I have seen much worse here than “inept” but I do respect that you asked and will behave.

I appreciate that, Payday.  Please feel free to PM me or use the report function if you see offending content.  We see a lot but also rely on members to help us out.  We want to curate a forum where all members feel they can participate.

All others -- let's redirect this back to the topic at hand.  The digression re: tone and such has been dealt with.

On one of the boards last year Lagow's dad came on there and argued with a lot of the posters and bet this is him doing it again.  It is nothing personal toward the kid and he seems like a great kid.  I tall has to do with who gives us the best chance to win the game.  Right now I feel Ramsey with his mobility and decision making it is better for us.

Archived