Ohio State troubles

rico

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Sadly for Zach, I think it is more likely that it is something like Extenze, Nugenix, Biogenix or what have you, that fraudulently claim to enhance the male libido, even make you "bigger".

Oh dear!!!!!!!!!!!  Bet the cops had a field day with that at the station.

2 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I knew an article with "sex toys" and "nude photos white house" would be good, but I had no idea. His lawyer sounds like a Grade A ass, and Smith sounds like he had some crazy things going on.

Can't imagine all this info is good for Meyer's case. Being accused of standing up for Smith is looking worse all the time.

My biggest question is still why did Meyer deny knowledge of Smith's assault the first times he was asked? If Urban followed proper protocol, why lie? He's got to be hiding something.

19 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

My biggest question is still why did Meyer deny knowledge of Smith's assault the first times he was asked? If Urban followed proper protocol, why lie? He's got to be hiding something.

That’s the key question I keep coming up with. Ultimately I think this ends up with Urban being a scumbag who let an even bigger scumbag stay on his team and wanted it to stay hidden, but since he followed protocol, he keeps his job and OSU is fine with having a scumbag head coach. 

2 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

That’s the key question I keep coming up with. Ultimately I think this ends up with Urban being a scumbag who let an even bigger scumbag stay on his team and wanted it to stay hidden, but since he followed protocol, he keeps his job and OSU is fine with having a scumbag head coach. 

41327d461a484baa231141b02b1cc3da.jpg

11 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

I still can't see OSU firing one of the biggest coaches in all of football. He probably should get fired for covering up for Smith and all the scumbag things he did, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Well they have fired two in the past.  Hayes and Tressel.  We shall see what happens, but this situation is comical and sad at the same time.

47 minutes ago, rico said:

Well they have fired two in the past.  Hayes and Tressel.  We shall see what happens, but this situation is comical and sad at the same time.

True.  Forgot about those.

With Hayes though, the handful of articles I've read on him make it sound like he was close to the end anyways.  They'd been struggling compared to his really good years, his outbursts were getting the better of him, and he was getting up there in age.  I do love though that they fired him the next day.  If that happened today, it would take 2 months to fire him.

Also with Tressel, he resigned.  I'm guessing it was either resign or be fired, but the university president did say they never considered firing him.  Who really knows though.

The investigation is supposed to be wrapped up tomorrow, and the findings sent to the board of trustees next week.  I sure hope they have the balls to get rid of another one.

26 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

True.  Forgot about those.

With Hayes though, the handful of articles I've read on him make it sound like he was close to the end anyways.  They'd been struggling compared to his really good years, his outbursts were getting the better of him, and he was getting up there in age.  I do love though that they fired him the next day.  If that happened today, it would take 2 months to fire him.

Also with Tressel, he resigned.  I'm guessing it was either resign or be fired, but the university president did say they never considered firing him.  Who really knows though.

The investigation is supposed to be wrapped up tomorrow, and the findings sent to the board of trustees next week.  I sure hope they have the balls to get rid of another one.

Regardless of the outcome tOSU has a couple of black eyes.  Pitiful.

35 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I would think they rank pretty high in that category.  Their 3 biggest coaches have been fired, resigned due to scandal and pressure, or in the midst of a big scandal.

Crazy to think about. Win at all costs perhaps? Sad to see such horrible stories like this. 

I used to be pretty far right on most of my thinking. Over the years I've slid into the middle on most things. But my question is this. Are we so accepting anymore of bad behavior that we just look the other way? Urban Meyer knowingly employed a guy he knew beat up his wife. To me it's simple. He should be gone. This isn't tattoos or small amount of weed or taking a few bucks....this is battery on a lady and he made the decision to keep him employed. Why? Because he could recruit and he's the grandson of a legend. 

37 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I used to be pretty far right on most of my thinking. Over the years I've slid into the middle on most things. But my question is this. Are we so accepting anymore of bad behavior that we just look the other way? Urban Meyer knowingly employed a guy he knew beat up his wife. To me it's simple. He should be gone. This isn't tattoos or small amount of weed or taking a few bucks....this is battery on a lady and he made the decision to keep him employed. Why? Because he could recruit and he's the grandson of a legend. 

Completely agree.  He knowingly kept a guy who beat his wife twice.  Even if he reported it like he claims, he should have either fired him or made him get professional help to stay on staff.  To report it just to say you did and then sweep it under the rug like nothing happened isn't any better than not reporting it.

Archived