2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

The Cowboys line put Emmitt Smith in the HOF.  He was a good running back, but that O-line made him great.

Luck has got to love having a great O-line as well.  I suspect a bad line took a couple of years off his career, and I'm not talking about the time he already lost.

It will be interesting to see when Andrew starts showing signs of wear.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

For the Colts fans. Parris Campbell is apparently very, very impressive already in camp. Time will tell....but maybe they have all the wide receivers they need?

Hilton/Funchess/Campbell/Cain is a very good WR group assuming Campbell and Cain continue to improve with being so young.  Sprinkle in Doyle and Ebron and that is a heck of a group to pass the pigskin to. 

2 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Hilton/Funchess/Campbell/Cain is a very good WR group assuming Campbell and Cain continue to improve with being so young.  Sprinkle in Doyle and Ebron and that is a heck of a group to pass the pigskin to. 

And the most important on 3rd down is Hines. 

13 hours ago, btownqb said:

I'd put Ebron, Doyle, and Mo Allie Cox up against any TE group in the league. Allie Cox was huge for us in the last half of the season. Blocking was phenomenal. 

Which makes me curious if Ballard would deal Ebron who can walk after this year? I don't think he would but there are a few teams with picks who need one...especially in New England. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Which makes me curious if Ballard would deal Ebron who can walk after this year? I don't think he would but there are a few teams with picks who need one...especially in New England. 

I don't want New England as a trade partner...

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

A few experts have brought up the idea of trading Ebron for a pick.  I think his stats fall slightly this year as compared to last season with Doyle coming back healthy, adding Funchess(big upgrade over Grant), Cain returning from injury, adding Campbell and Moe Allie-Cox being talked about a lot which could keep his price tag in the area that Ballard wants moving forward.  With Doyle being a bit of an injury risk, I would keep Ebron.  If Doyle goes down again, IMO Cox is not ready to step in as a full time TE where as Ebron can for the most part.  Yes Ebron struggles in rush blocking but he excels over Cox in pass catching even though he has the dropsies.     

1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

A few experts have brought up the idea of trading Ebron for a pick.  I think his stats fall slightly this year as compared to last season with Doyle coming back healthy, adding Funchess(big upgrade over Grant), Cain returning from injury, adding Campbell and Moe Allie-Cox being talked about a lot which could keep his price tag in the area that Ballard wants moving forward.  With Doyle being a bit of an injury risk, I would keep Ebron.  If Doyle goes down again, IMO Cox is not ready to step in as a full time TE where as Ebron can for the most part.  Yes Ebron struggles in rush blocking but he excels over Cox in pass catching even though he has the dropsies.     

Moe Allie was playing more snaps a game at the end of last year. 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Moe Allie was playing more snaps a game at the end of last year. 

Still not sold on Cox, def a better run blocker but not better than Doyle or Ebron in terms of pass catching or route runner.  Give me one more year of solid snaps for Cox and that may change.

5 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Still not sold on Cox, def a better run blocker but not better than Doyle or Ebron in terms of pass catching or route runner.  Give me one more year of solid snaps for Cox and that may change.

I think Mo Allie and Ebron will both be Colts next year. 

5 minutes ago, rico said:

A lingering calf injury?  What does that mean?

Everyone has been saying calf but some reporter spoke with him recently (national guy) and he specifically mentioned ankle 3x in interview. What I think happened is that while trying not to cause damage to his calf he overcompensated and something is now up with ankle. I don't mind them being cautious but if he isn't out there by Aug 15th something is up. 

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Everyone has been saying calf but some reporter spoke with him recently (national guy) and he specifically mentioned ankle 3x in interview. What I think happened is that while trying not to cause damage to his calf he overcompensated and something is now up with ankle. I don't mind them being cautious but if he isn't out there by Aug 15th something is up. 

I laughed this off at first, but now I am getting concerned.

On 7/29/2019 at 6:19 PM, btownqb said:

I'd put Ebron, Doyle, and Mo Allie Cox up against any TE group in the league. Allie Cox was huge for us in the last half of the season. Blocking was phenomenal. 

Being an Eagles fan, I'd throw Zach Ertz and Dallas Goedert into that discussion. 

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Didn't see it mentioned but nice little move by Colts to get Foreman. Guy needed a change of scenery. His not working hard label will certainly come to an end in Indy would be my guess. 

Good pick-up.  The guy was a stud at Texas.  Maybe the scenery change will work wonders.

26 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Fair.. but I'd still take the Colts. Doyle and Moe Allie would be the best two blockers out of those 5. 

Fair as well, both are good units for sure. I'd probably take the Eagles, as Ertz is a top 3ish tight end in the league, and there's actually chatter out of Eagles camp this year that Goedert, who is just in his 2nd year, is better. Ertz isn't a great blocker, but Goedert is getting a lot of praise for his blocking, as well as being a threat in the passing game. 

Edit: Sticking with my pick, as I think the Eagles duo is more dynamic and explosive, though we're splitting hairs at this point as they're both great units, but did not realize Ebron had 13 TD's last year. That's impressive. 

Archived