2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

Fair as well, both are good units for sure. I'd probably take the Eagles, as Ertz is a top 3ish tight end in the league, and there's actually chatter out of Eagles camp this year that Goedert, who is just in his 2nd year, is better. Ertz isn't a great blocker, but Goedert is getting a lot of praise for his blocking, as well as being a threat in the passing game. 

Edit: Sticking with my pick, as I think the Eagles duo is more dynamic and explosive, though we're splitting hairs at this point as they're both great units, but did not realize Ebron had 13 TD's last year. That's impressive. 

I had Ebron on my fantasy football team last year and really benefited. With Doyle being healthy again, I don’t think that his production will be anywhere near last years.

Still like Ebron, but wouldn’t pick him this year 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I had Ebron on my fantasy football team last year and really benefited. With Doyle being healthy again, I don’t think that his production will be anywhere near last years.

Still like Ebron, but wouldn’t pick him this year 

Had him on one as well when I couldn't get Kelce or Ertz in late round 2 or early 3. Saved me in that league. With that said...no way he's hitting same production. 

Fair as well, both are good units for sure. I'd probably take the Eagles, as Ertz is a top 3ish tight end in the league, and there's actually chatter out of Eagles camp this year that Goedert, who is just in his 2nd year, is better. Ertz isn't a great blocker, but Goedert is getting a lot of praise for his blocking, as well as being a threat in the passing game. 

Edit: Sticking with my pick, as I think the Eagles duo is more dynamic and explosive, though we're splitting hairs at this point as they're both great units, but did not realize Ebron had 13 TD's last year. That's impressive. 

2 vs 3 though and the NFL the name of the game is depth. NFL is so smart going to these 6'4-6'7 big bodies guys across the middle. My god Travis Kelce is good. 

We'll see if it means anything in about 7 months but interesting that Brady put his home up for sale. The way I read his contract extension it also allows him to free agent after this season. I know his wife is the primary income earner in the household but maybe they are starting the process of exiting Boston?? Or maybe not. Just a thought.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

We'll see if it means anything in about 7 months but interesting that Brady put his home up for sale. The way I read his contract extension it also allows him to free agent after this season. I know his wife is the primary income earner in the household but maybe they are starting the process of exiting Boston?? Or maybe not. Just a thought.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out. He could just be hedging his bets and preparing for life after football. I would guess that Gisele spends a lot of time in NYC and it has been reported that they may be looking to buy in Greenwich, CT. With his bank account he could easily commute from there, their kids would still be excellent schools and she would closer to NYC. 

As you said though, he is basically on 1-year contracts, so he could be preparing his exit. I've read that the rookie QB they drafted, Jarrett Stidham, is impressing people. I wouldn't put it past Belichick to move on from Brady after the season, especially if there's a deterioration of his skills, which will happen at some point. 

Will be interesting to see how it plays out. He could just be hedging his bets and preparing for life after football. I would guess that Gisele spends a lot of time in NYC and it has been reported that they may be looking to buy in Greenwich, CT. With his bank account he could easily commute from there, their kids would still be excellent schools and she would closer to NYC. 

As you said though, he is basically on 1-year contracts, so he could be preparing his exit. I've read that the rookie QB they drafted, Jarrett Stidham, is impressing people. I wouldn't put it past Belichick to move on from Brady after the season, especially if there's a deterioration of his skills, which will happen at some point. 

Not the I disagree with anything you said...but it does seem that the Pats have a history of building their back-up QBs up for trade bait.

4 minutes ago, rico said:

Not the I disagree with anything you said...but it does seem that the Pats have a history of building their back-up QBs up for trade bait.

Agree. Not sure if it's the media or the Pats though, but yes guys like Cassell, Brisett and Garoppolo have all been hyped up and never really did much. 

10 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree. Not sure if it's the media or the Pats though, but yes guys like Cassell, Brisett and Garoppolo have all been hyped up and never really did much. 

Yeah, it seems for whatever reason that the NE back-up is the next Brett Favre.

Per NBC sports...

Colts quarterback Andrew Luck has been out of practice with what the team has described as a calf injury. But now Colts owner Jim Irsay has chimed in with a different diagnosis.

Irsay said on SiriusXM NFL Radio that Luck is dealing with an issue to a “small little bone.”

The calf is a muscle, not a bone. Irsay’s comment suggests that Luck actually has two injuries, the calf injury that the team had previously disclosed, and a bone injury that hadn’t been reported until Irsay mentioned it.

Irsay did not specify what part of the body this “little bone” injury is in. Irsay did say, “I really feel very confident that he’s going to find his way through this thing,” but then again Irsay was confident that Luck wouldn’t miss any regular-season games after his 2017 shoulder surgery, and Luck ended up missing the entire season.

There’s no reason to think Luck’s current injury is that serious, but there are also increasing reasons to think the current injury is more serious than the Colts let on. He now appears unlikely to play at all in the preseason. Time will tell if he’s ready to go for the regular season.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Per NBC sports...

Colts quarterback Andrew Luck has been out of practice with what the team has described as a calf injury. But now Colts owner Jim Irsay has chimed in with a different diagnosis.

Irsay said on SiriusXM NFL Radio that Luck is dealing with an issue to a “small little bone.”

The calf is a muscle, not a bone. Irsay’s comment suggests that Luck actually has two injuries, the calf injury that the team had previously disclosed, and a bone injury that hadn’t been reported until Irsay mentioned it.

Irsay did not specify what part of the body this “little bone” injury is in. Irsay did say, “I really feel very confident that he’s going to find his way through this thing,” but then again Irsay was confident that Luck wouldn’t miss any regular-season games after his 2017 shoulder surgery, and Luck ended up missing the entire season.

There’s no reason to think Luck’s current injury is that serious, but there are also increasing reasons to think the current injury is more serious than the Colts let on. He now appears unlikely to play at all in the preseason. Time will tell if he’s ready to go for the regular season.

Guys on the radio looked up what Irsay thought it was and it can be cause by an impact injury.  It sounds like it is a calcification of the bone caused by the calf injury

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Guys on the radio looked up what Irsay thought it was and it can be cause by an impact injury.  It sounds like it is a calcification of the bone caused by the calf injury

Is there an Ortho doc in the house?

28 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I’m going to go ahead and start panicking now.  

No reason to panic over something you have no control over.  If he plays he plays and if he doesn't then the next man step up.  What I really hate is how the media and some fans think they are entitled to know every little detail of what is going on with a players injury.   I get so tired of our local radio guys talking about how the Colts can't be trusted or they have lied like they are entitled to this info.

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

No reason to panic over something you have no control over.  If he plays he plays and if he doesn't then the next man step up.  What I really hate is how the media and some fans think they are entitled to know every little detail of what is going on with a players injury.   I get so tired of our local radio guys talking about how the Colts can't be trusted or they have lied like they are entitled to this info.

Not much else for those guys to speak about in mid-August. Only one person has handled the lack of information. That's Andrew Luck. Not the Colts, not Ballard,etc....this is all on Andrew Luck. With HIPPA and a few other things he's the only one that can clear up the story. 

In terms of Colts. JB is capable back up. He has a better line, better receivers, and better coaches around him now. With that said...Colts need Luck or it's maybe a 6-7 win team.

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

There is a question about our franchise player's health.  With that comes concern.

24 minutes ago, rico said:

There is a question about our franchise player's health.  With that comes concern.

Lots and lots of concern.  Losing your franchise player is how you get yourself in position to land your next franchise player.  IMO this team no matter how skilled we may be is average at best without Luck. With him the sky is the limit

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Lots and lots of concern.  Losing your franchise player is how you get yourself in position to land your next franchise player.  IMO this team no matter how skilled we may be is average at best without Luck. With him the sky is the limit

Well it worked once for the Colts but I don't think this injury is a season ending injury so why panic more than 3 weeks before the start of the season.

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well it worked once for the Colts but I don't think this injury is a season ending injury so why panic more than 3 weeks before the start of the season.

Maybe but this injury had been going on for quite some time.  Much longer than July 29th .  To.make the.playoffs we need Luck for 16 games

On 8/6/2019 at 4:16 PM, BGleas said:

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/5/31/18637421/nfl-position-rankings-tight-end-rotation-2019-team

26 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

yes be concerned but these people acting like the world is ending is beyond ridiculous.

I don't know if anybody is acting like the world is ending.  Just fans concerned about a promising season disappearing before it gets started.

Archived