2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Football does not have to have offense to be exciting.  I enjoyed the game. There was drama.   Once score game.  Interception in the end zone with just a few minutes left.  10-3 is more exciting than 42-21.  

I agree if I have a rooting interest. Dont like either team so I am glad I missed it.

That was just plain pathetic performance/game plan by Mitch/Nagy. Burn that tape up. You hold Rodgers to 200 (25% of that on a fluke play), hold Adams and Jones to under 40 yards each and lose. Nothing really to do besides laugh and move on.

No carries for Tarik Cohen in 2nd half. David Montgomery with only 1. I think I can say pretty easily that was the worst called game by Nagy of his short career and fairly certain that was Trubisky's worst game too. 

No need to panic. Sucks to lose at home to a rival but long season. Up next? 10 long days a a trip to a much better defense in Denver.

47 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I agree if I have a rooting interest. Dont like either team so I am glad I missed it.

I am actually the opposite when watching football, both college and pro.  I enjoy the game more when I have no rooting interest.  And the Bears / Packers rivalry is my favorite matchup in the NFL.  

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That was just plain pathetic performance/game plan by Mitch/Nagy. Burn that tape up. You hold Rodgers to 200 (25% of that on a fluke play), hold Adams and Jones to under 40 yards each and lose. Nothing really to do besides laugh and move on.

No carries for Tarik Cohen in 2nd half. David Montgomery with only 1. I think I can say pretty easily that was the worst called game by Nagy of his short career and fairly certain that was Trubisky's worst game too. 

No need to panic. Sucks to lose at home to a rival but long season. Up next? 10 long days a a trip to a much better defense in Denver.

I just didn't understand the lack of Montgomery.  Dang, the kid looked good early.

But yeah, terrible play calling by the Bears.

3 minutes ago, rico said:

I just didn't understand the lack of Montgomery.  Dang, the kid looked good early.

But yeah, terrible play calling by the Bears.

Bad play calling, missed throws, bad check downs...I mean I had some beer in me but I think Packers had 8 in box 6-7 plays in a row begging Mitch to take a shot we check down to 4th option for a gain of 2 yards in the flat. Eventually you need to take a shot down the field and we didn't. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Bad play calling, missed throws, bad check downs...I mean I had some beer in me but I think Packers had 8 in box 6-7 plays in a row begging Mitch to take a shot we check down to 4th option for a gain of 2 yards in the flat. Eventually you need to take a shot down the field and we didn't. 

Tramon Williams said after the game, "We wanted to make Mitch play quarterback. We knew they had a lot of weapons, but if we could make Mitch play quarterback, we'd have a chance."

The INT in the end zone was a perfect example. Trubisky threw right into double coverage. I'm not sure the guy can read defenses.

24 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Tramon Williams said after the game, "We wanted to make Mitch play quarterback. We knew they had a lot of weapons, but if we could make Mitch play quarterback, we'd have a chance."

The INT in the end zone was a perfect example. Trubisky threw right into double coverage. I'm not sure the guy can read defenses.

I will let Mitch slide on that one.  Guy just trying to make a play IMHO.

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

One on one, sure, you try to let your receiver make a play. 

But not when there are 3 players and 2 of them are wearing white jerseys

27 starts into his career. Some of his decisions still shouldn't be happening is all I've got right now. Was talking with my buddy who was at game last night. Said the we could of had Mahomes or Watson talk started about 30 seconds after exiting Soldier Field. Glad we have 2 road games....but making at Denver (their home opener) a must win in week 2 isn't give me a good feeling. Haha.

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

One on one, sure, you try to let your receiver make a play. 

But not when there are 3 players and 2 of them are wearing white jerseys

Bad decision?  Yes.  However what if it had resulted in a TD?  

It was just a poorly executed offensive game by the Bears all the way around.  The INT is just being magnified.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Bad decision?  Yes.  However what if it had resulted in a TD?  

It was just a poorly executed offensive game by the Bears all the way around.  The INT is just being magnified.

That's what seperates the great from the mediocre...

Tom Brady doesn't have the strongest arm, or isn't the most athletic. But he makes great decisions. Same with Montana. Take what they give you, and eventually they'll give you something big.

I'm just so tired of the Bears struggling at QB. Been happening since I was a kid...Carter, Concannon, Douglas, Avellini (my dad absolutely hated him)...long list of QBs back to the last Bear HOFer (Sid Luckman...before my time).

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm just so tired of the Bears struggling at QB. Been happening since I was a kid...Carter, Concannon, Douglas, Avellini (my dad absolutely hated him)...long list of QBs back to the last Bear HOFer (Sid Luckman...before my time).

I sure as hell will give you that.  Da Bears have been "cursed" at the QB position for a very, very long time.  It frustrates me as well.

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me a lot of the offensive problems last night and I think you will see all over is the lack of playing time in pre season.  Especially if you have a young QB like the Bears he needed more than 3 snaps in the pre season.

I agree with this as well. 

The exhibition games are just NFL money grabs any more. Rodgers didn't even play in them, and he didn't exactly burn it up.

Lots of criticism about Mitch by the talking heads this morning. 

Lots of criticism about the level of play in general by the talking heads this morning.

I do agree with the comments that sitting out during the exhibition season is a major reason for the poor play. Also agree with the thought that the players wore out towards the end of the game due to lack of 4 quarter conditioning.

Mostly, I feel bad for the season ticket holders who have been forced to pay full price for preseason tickets where starters don't see the field, and then also have to pay for the privilege of watching the dreck that was presented last night.

Archived