2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, rico said:

I took the time to read the emails he sent the victim. As I read I could literally feel the intelligence oozes out of my ears. I truly am more dumb for having read them. Do they have an English dept at Central Michigan? If so they should be quite proud of one of their famous alum

I also think that the number of yards of Lutz game winner and AB's IQ are about the same. 

On 9/9/2019 at 10:56 AM, IU Scott said:

It was not his fault that they lost.  Pretty much if you take the special teams mistakes away this game was a win.  You had 3 missed kicks by a HOF kicker, a block punt and a penalty that enabled LA to score 7 instead of 3.

And a "dropped" TD on a PERFECTLY thrown pass before one the missed FGs. Brissett was GREAT. 

No one will ever admit in public thinking this but if I'm the Carolina GM this morning somewhere in the back of my brain I have to figure out a way or plan to exit from Cam Newton after this season. Take the cap hit next year (he's a free agent after that) and be the worst team in the league so they can get local kid Trevor Lawrence with first pick in 2021 draft.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

No one will ever admit in public thinking this but if I'm the Carolina GM this morning somewhere in the back of my brain I have to figure out a way or plan to exit from Cam Newton after this season. Take the cap hit next year (he's a free agent after that) and be the worst team in the league so they can get local kid Trevor Lawrence with first pick in 2021 draft.

Why would you have to take a cap hit. You could trade him. Some desperate team would give up a number 1 pick if not a package of picks. He still has 1 year left for them to decide how big a contract to give him. You don't think Miami, Cincy, Was, TB or say Oakland who is going to be moving into a new stadium and could use his publicity to sell tickets. There are a few other teams that have aging qbs that might retire. NO, LAC, NE, PIT. Then you have teams with mediocre qbs that might think he is an upgrade, Ten, Buf, Den, even our Colts. They do have new ownership there in Carolina...that said he is too popular in the community and in the media...they would get murdered for moving him.

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Why would you have to take a cap hit. You could trade him. Some desperate team would give up a number 1 pick if not a package of picks. He still has 1 year left for them to decide how big a contract to give him. You don't think Miami, Cincy, Was, TB or say Oakland who is going to be moving into a new stadium and could use his publicity to sell tickets. There are a few other teams that have aging qbs that might retire. NO, LAC, NE, PIT. Then you have teams with mediocre qbs that might think he is an upgrade, Ten, Buf, Den, even our Colts. They do have new ownership there in Carolina...that said he is too popular in the community and in the media...they would get murdered for moving him.

No way you will get a first round pick for him at this point and I would take Brissett over Newton.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

No way you will get a first round pick for him at this point and I would take Brissett over Newton.

If I was one of those teams without a qb...Miami/Wash. I'd trade for him pending a medical on his shoulder. If it just needs rest you trade for him and sit him. Maybe it isn't a #1..maybe its a 2nd but if you want to rebuild in Carolina the point is you can get compensated. Teams have to put fans in the seats...as an gm you could get Cam and develop a young qb (rd 2/3) behind him...but most importantly you sell season tickets. Sometimes it isn't just about winning the SB...sometimes its about marketing.

39 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If I was one of those teams without a qb...Miami/Wash. I'd trade for him pending a medical on his shoulder. If it just needs rest you trade for him and sit him. Maybe it isn't a #1..maybe its a 2nd but if you want to rebuild in Carolina the point is you can get compensated. Teams have to put fans in the seats...as an gm you could get Cam and develop a young qb (rd 2/3) behind him...but most importantly you sell season tickets. Sometimes it isn't just about winning the SB...sometimes its about marketing.

I just don't see why Cam would sell tickets because he is at best an average QB

Cam might be popular but fans don't like losing. I mean Eli Manning and his 2 rings is getting run out of town. We say what the Colts did with Peyton. Cam is nowhere even near those hemispheres.

Regarding the cap....if you move him at end of this year so you can suck the next year (you'll have some dead $ on the books) but be ready for Trevor Lawrence. Just a thought. Cam looks broken and is just an average at best qb right now. Injuries are part of that but I wouldn't give much. Maybe a 2nd round pick.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Cam might be popular but fans don't like losing. I mean Eli Manning and his 2 rings is getting run out of town. We say what the Colts did with Peyton. Cam is nowhere even near those hemispheres.

Regarding the cap....if you move him at end of this year so you can suck the next year (you'll have some dead $ on the books) but be ready for Trevor Lawrence. Just a thought. Cam looks broken and is just an average at best qb right now. Injuries are part of that but I wouldn't give much. Maybe a 2nd round pick.

I think he needs more rest. He has never been an accurate qb but I think he is hurting and combine that with the fact that his OL is terrible and getting him crushed he is looking like SB 50 Cam flinching in the face of pressure. If they fall out of contention he needs to sit and get better. 

Lets be real...maybe not in Indiana where we’ve had two all pro QBs for the past two decades but in cities like Miami and Washington and some others he would bring excitement. Cam does sell...heck even in Kentucky where there is no loyalty I see plenty of Cam jerseys in the urban areas. The main thing is get him healthy...get his swag back and people will flock to see him. Nobody is paying to see Josh Rosen or Case Keenum or Andy Dalton...and if you are the Chargers and Rivers retires and you are built to win now going into a new stadium then he might be best out there.

Ive never been a big fan of Cam...but if he is healthy he is a top 10 qb in the league. He isnt for sure right now but he was an mvp not long ago. Carolina just ran too many qb dives and have never let him take the time to get better.

Just now, rico said:

The last minute or so of the Bears/Broncos game was so bizarre.  Wow, what an ending.

Unreal for us Bears fans. I'm actually going to have to do some studying this week and actually see what defenses are doing vs Mitch/Nagy because our play calling and offense are still really poor. Monday Night game in D.C should allow us to buy another week with defense but our ineptness on offense will catch up with us very, very soon. 1 freak play away from being 0-2.

Glad Eddy made those though. Confidence in our kicker is desperately needed.

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Unreal for us Bears fans. I'm actually going to have to do some studying this week and actually see what defenses are doing vs Mitch/Nagy because our play calling and offense are still really poor. Monday Night game in D.C should allow us to buy another week with defense but our ineptness on offense will catch up with us very, very soon. 1 freak play away from being 0-2.

Glad Eddy made those though. Confidence in our kicker is desperately needed.

I didn't watch the whole game just the end.  More conservative play calling?

11 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Vinny set to retire today.  Colts want him to stay but this is coming from Vinny.  Unless something changes, #4 appears to be hanging up the cleats. 

What a career for Vinny!

I hate that he's ending it this way.  I still think it's just a slump and he could fix it and have a solid season.

Archived