2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

As bad as they are they just might be in the same position next year.

It's truly amazing how comical the Patriots division is every year.  They have an advantage over almost every team in that they more or less start every season 6-0.  Seems like its been that way for over 20 years.

9 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

It's truly amazing how comical the Patriots division is every year.  They have an advantage over almost every team in that they more or less start every season 6-0.  Seems like its been that way for over 20 years.

Seems like ONE year the Dolphins won the division, but yeah the East is pitiful and has been for oh so long.  

22 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a thought. If the Jaguars do intend on trading Jalen Ramsey why in the world would he suit up tonight? I get the usual reasons but why risk a potential first round pick for this game? Not much upside to me.

Jags needed the win badly.  A playoff appearance this year is more valuable than a first round draft pick, especially since there is a good chance the team you trade him to will be good and the draft pick will be late first-round.  

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Gutsy calls are one thing, stupid is another.  Early in the 3Q and trailing 14-0, Vrabel goes for it on 4th and 6 from the Jags 11.  Should have kicked the FG...

I didn't watch the game so missed that. I'm simply amazed at Titans. Big win in the opener followed by home loss to Colts and road loss to a Jags team that is just awful with a backup qb.

If I'm a Titans fan I'm asking what direction is the whole franchise going. 

Just now, 5fouls said:

Jags needed the win badly.  A playoff appearance this year is more valuable than a first round draft pick, especially since there is a good chance the team you trade him to will be good and the draft pick will be late first-round.  

That's why you ask for 2 1st round picks if it's say a team who is expected to pick around 24 or later. If it's an earlier pick one will suffice....but still risky to play him. Jags aren't making the playoffs either way. Coughlin is smart enough to know that.

Just now, Seeking6 said:

I didn't watch the game so missed that. I'm simply amazed at Titans. Big win in the opener followed by home loss to Colts and road loss to a Jags team that is just awful with a backup qb.

If I'm a Titans fan I'm asking what direction is the whole franchise going. 

Jags are not as bad as you imply.  Minshew made some very good throws last night, and the Jags defense is still top notch.  They had to play the Chiefs in Week 1, and potentially gave the game away last week by going for 2 instead of the tie.  The Jags will finish the season 8-8 or better.  

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Jags are not as bad as you imply.  Minshew made some very good throws last night, and the Jags defense is still top notch.  They had to play the Chiefs in Week 1, and potentially gave the game away last week by going for 2 instead of the tie.  The Jags will finish the season 8-8 or better.  

Time will tell I guess. I see 6/7 wins max. Especially once Ramsey is traded over the weekend. 

18 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I agree.  The Jags are a team to watch.

Archived