2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

For the Patriots AND the Raiders.

Burn through those last chance outposts, and you'd better start liking Tim Hortons, poutine and moose,because the next place you're playing is Canada.

I don't even know about playing in Canada.  This "thug" very well might be destined to play pick up football games behind prison walls or at a mental institution.

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I could see Pete Carroll checking back in again. Seahawks definitely have a need and they were interested in him before Patriots got him. I bet we'll hear of others by mid week.

Teams are gonna stay away from him.  The Steelers look like geniuses right now, or at least like they knew how AB was/is.

I've felt for years that the NFL has gone the extra mile to protect Tom Brady, and this more or less proves it:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2019/09/19/tom-brady-raekwon-mcmillan-hit-referee-stay-off-tom-video/2380026001/

Completely legal hit, official warns the Dolphins to "stay off Tom."

Amazing how fake this league has become.

10 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I've felt for years that the NFL has gone the extra mile to protect Tom Brady, and this more or less proves it:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2019/09/19/tom-brady-raekwon-mcmillan-hit-referee-stay-off-tom-video/2380026001/

Completely legal hit, official warns the Dolphins to "stay off Tom."

Amazing how fake this league has become.

Have to protect your stars...especially when they are old!

Minus the game at KC in a couple weeks looks to me like Colts have opportunity to win 6 of the next 7 or so. Plenty depends on staying healthy though. I'll keep saying it again and again. Brissett is really good and this is just the beginning for him. Reich continues to impress with his coaching style and play calling. Never had a concern on Adam. 

Bad losses with potential playoff implications yesterday at home by Seattle and Chargers. Both teams will be regretting those later in year when head to head games decide who gets in.

Hopefully my Bears save me early tonight. Don't really want to stay up to midnight and watch a nail biter. Let's get this one over early please.

For a little comedy this fine Monday morning. This Eagles fan that went viral yesterday afternoon during their game has now been identified. This chap is none other than Penn's Dean of Admissions. Gotta love Philly fans. 

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/eagles-fan-yelling-booing-fox-eric-furda-penn-linc-lions-20190923.html?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Philly.com+Twitter+Account&utm_source=t.co&cid=Philly.com+Twitter

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

After watching Patrick Mahomes yesterday (and numerous times before that) I can't help, as a Bears' fan, having the sinking feeling that we gave up 4 draft picks to move up one spot to select Blake Bottles 2.0 over a guy that's headed for Canton...

Holy Bob Avellini...

And after watching Jones yesterday and Minshew last Thursday along with Watson's normal 350 and 3 TD day.....no one in the world needs a few good games more than Mitch. 

This might not be a popular opinion....and I realize there is a better than average chance it wouldn't work out, but I was hoping the Bears would have signed Chad Kelly after Colts waived him....if he can get his head right, he seemed like he had some talent. After watching Trubisky the past couple seasons (and the backups stink) I definitely am getting the Blake Bortles vibe. You would think after all these years, the Bears would catch a break and land a franchise QB...

22 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

This might not be a popular opinion....and I realize there is a better than average chance it wouldn't work out, but I was hoping the Bears would have signed Chad Kelly after Colts waived him....if he can get his head right, he seemed like he had some talent. After watching Trubisky the past couple seasons (and the backups stink) I definitely am getting the Blake Bortles vibe. You would think after all these years, the Bears would catch a break and land a franchise QB...

I had no idea why the bears would trade up for him in the first place.  He only started one year at UNC and was not a world beater that year so what they saw in him I have no idea.  I think some just look at the numbers and arm strength and fall in love with a player.  It was like when the Colts traded up to get Jeff George and that ended up a huge mistake.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I had no idea why the bears would trade up for him in the first place.  He only started one year at UNC and was not a world beater that year so what they saw in him I have no idea.  I think some just look at the numbers and arm strength and fall in love with a player.  It was like when the Colts traded up to get Jeff George and that ended up a huge mistake.

Yeah that made no sense.  But it isn't only the Bears that have made those mistakes as you pointed out with George.  

1 hour ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Chad Kelly is Ryan Leaf/Jeff George with half the talent.   He's not in the same universe as his uncle Jim, in either talent or attitude. 

Archived