2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

You’re right!

I thought the Colts was going to blow it when they had the ball twice in the 4th quarter up 28-16 but did nothing with the ball.  Also today was the 98th straight win for the Colts leading by double figures going into the 4th quarter.  The last time they lost a double digit 4th quarter lead was in 1999.

Just now, IU Scott said:

I thought the Colts was going to blow it when they had the ball twice in the 4th quarter up 28-16 but did nothing with the ball.  Also today was the 98th straight win for the Colts leading by double figures going into the 4th quarter.  The last time they lost a double digit 4th quarter lead was in 1999.

I was going nuts because they kept running plays that stopped the clock. Either incomplete passes or going out of bounds. They really didn’t have a good last 7-8 minutes, imo 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

And there is some analytics at work for ya!!!!!  LOL  Actually a mind boggling stat.

13 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Well, I've got Mitch Trubisky slightly ahead of Jack Concannon and slightly below Bobby Douglass in the list of "Terrible Bears Quarterbacks." 

It's a long and distinguished list...

It does get frustrating. Showing signs of promise last year while making normal mistakes. This year I got nothing for the whole offense. 54 pass attempts to 7 rushing attempts yesterday??? We missed Hicks yesterday but we also held Vikings/Cook to a 6 points a few weeks without him so that doesn't hold much weight with me either. Just an utterly horrible performance on all fronts yesterday.

I've never been a fan of the choice by Pace to draft Mitch. Never will be. My concerns about Nagy right now are increasing every single game that goes by.

2 hours ago, rico said:

Well I had to talk my buddy off the ledge last night.  After a woeful Cubs' season he was expecting the Bears to make up for it.  

Plenty of us in same boat. Haha. We started 3-3 last year and finished 12-4 so things can change but right now after a crap performance vs Raiders, a bye week....to lay that egg yesterday at home just wasn't what I thought was coming. If post game talk shows were any indication....Mitch better toughen up that mental midget part of his brain for this week. 

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It does get frustrating. Showing signs of promise last year while making normal mistakes. This year I got nothing for the whole offense. 54 pass attempts to 7 rushing attempts yesterday??? We missed Hicks yesterday but we also held Vikings/Cook to a 6 points a few weeks without him so that doesn't hold much weight with me either. Just an utterly horrible performance on all fronts yesterday.

I've never been a fan of the choice by Pace to draft Mitch. Never will be. My concerns about Nagy right now are increasing every single game that goes by.

From what I am seeing...If the Bears can't run they are done.

1 minute ago, rico said:

From what I am seeing...If the Bears can't run they are done.

Before yesterday only the Jets and Dolphins had worse offenses in football. Think about that one for a bit. Haha. In terms of what you said....I'd like to know. This is the 3rd game where Nagy has totally abandoned the run game. This is what I like about Reich. Everyone was expecting to run Mack at Texans to start. What did Frank do? 9 passes to 3 runs. Took what the defense was giving. That first drive yesterday for Colts was just a thing of beauty on play calling and execution. Up until slop time the Colts had more yards on that 1 drive compared to Bears after 3 quarters and 5 minutes.

34 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Before yesterday only the Jets and Dolphins had worse offenses in football. Think about that one for a bit. Haha. In terms of what you said....I'd like to know. This is the 3rd game where Nagy has totally abandoned the run game. This is what I like about Reich. Everyone was expecting to run Mack at Texans to start. What did Frank do? 9 passes to 3 runs. Took what the defense was giving. That first drive yesterday for Colts was just a thing of beauty on play calling and execution. Up until slop time the Colts had more yards on that 1 drive compared to Bears after 3 quarters and 5 minutes.

I think this is what you get sometimes when you go out and hire the new flavor of the month coordinator who has little experience.  Everyone thinks they can do what the Rams did and hit a home run in their hire but for most it will be a strike out.

59 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think this is what you get sometimes when you go out and hire the new flavor of the month coordinator who has little experience.  Everyone thinks they can do what the Rams did and hit a home run in their hire but for most it will be a strike out.

Certainly can happen. It's funny how when you miss out you actually might be better. Ballard wanted Nagy more than anyone. Time will tell if those are dodged bullets but short terms.....Frank Reich looks every bit of a seasoned coach and this is only 24-25 games in?

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Certainly can happen. It's funny how when you miss out you actually might be better. Ballard wanted Nagy more than anyone. Time will tell if those are dodged bullets but short terms.....Frank Reich looks every bit of a seasoned coach and this is only 24-25 games in?

These are my observations about the Bears, take them for what they are worth.  I have yet to see exactly what their game plan is or what their identity is supposed to be.  Seems they have a stable of RBs but yet they seem perfectly happy to let Mitch throw short chucks all over the field.  Their inability to move the chains an even "consistent" basis is killing their vaunted D.  I realize the Saints are a very fine squad and are fortunate to have a high level back-up for Brees.  But dang, New Orleans came to town and flat beat the sh** out of the Bears.  The final score is indeed misleading.  Chicago got blown out.

All that being said the ole ball coach better fix this stuff or he ain't gonna be around long.  And neither will Mitch.

As far as Frank.  He has a very fine pedigree.  

1 minute ago, rico said:

These are my observations about the Bears, take them for what they are worth.  I have yet to see exactly what their game plan is or what their identity is supposed to be.  Seems they have a stable of RBs but yet they seem perfectly happy to let Mitch throw short chucks all over the field.  Their inability to move the chains an even "consistent" basis is killing their vaunted D.  I realize the Saints are a very fine squad and are fortunate to have a high level back-up for Brees.  But dang, New Orleans came to town and flat beat the sh** out of the Bears.  The final score is indeed misleading.  Chicago got blown out.

All that being said the ole ball coach better fix this stuff or he ain't gonna be around long.  And neither will Mitch.

As far as Frank.  He has a very fine pedigree.  

Agree with all of this. Bears had 80 or so total yards toward end of 3rd quarter. Garbage time yards never count except for fantasy of course. Haha.

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Reich had a lot more experience as an assistant coach and actually being a coordinator for more than a year.

Archived