2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

I didn't watch the game against against the Seahawks.  At least Luck didn't get hurt.

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Andrew Luck completed 6-of-9 passes for 64 yards in Thursday’s preseason opener versus the Seahawks.

Luck went 5-of-7 for 55 yards on the Colts' opening drive, even taking a hit at one point when scrambling for a first down on third-and-short. HC Frank Reich took a more vanilla approach with Indy's offensive scheme Thursday, but Luck ultimately looked his normal form in his first game action in 18 months. If Luck continues to look healthy without any setbacks, both he and T.Y. Hilton's ADP's are sure to skyrocket over the next three weeks.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brissett is a starter in this league and hopefully for both he and the Colts someone will offer more for him so he can play every snap and the Colts get max value for him. Problem is I can see only 3-4 places where they could or would trade for JB...and might not even be this year. Most places seem to be set in their chosen path of who they have playing qb right now.

Plus given Luck's situation...Jacoby offers perfect insurance for Colts. Worth far more than a 2nd round pick. Reason the Seahawks want him is they've been trying to get Wilson killed for a couple seasons. Only a matter of time before he goes down.

57 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Brissett is a starter in this league and hopefully for both he and the Colts someone will offer more for him so he can play every snap and the Colts get max value for him. Problem is I can see only 3-4 places where they could or would trade for JB...and might not even be this year. Most places seem to be set in their chosen path of who they have playing qb right now.

Plus given Luck's situation...Jacoby offers perfect insurance for Colts. Worth far more than a 2nd round pick. Reason the Seahawks want him is they've been trying to get Wilson killed for a couple seasons. Only a matter of time before he goes down.

I think Seattle's winning window has slammed shut.  So it makes me curious as to why the 'hawks would inquire about JB.  That being said, Brissett is a good insurance policy behind Luck.  However the regular season hasn't started yet so we have yet to see what starters will go down with possibly season ending injuries.  If a Super Bowl contender loses their QB they might very well get on the phone with Indy and offer a bigger package.

33 minutes ago, rico said:

I think Seattle's winning window has slammed shut.  So it makes me curious as to why the 'hawks would inquire about JB.  That being said, Brissett is a good insurance policy behind Luck.  However the regular season hasn't started yet so we have yet to see what starters will go down with possibly season ending injuries.  If a Super Bowl contender loses their QB they might very well get on the phone with Indy and offer a bigger package.

Only obstacle is that Teddy Bridgewater has looked really good and since he's healthy....would he be the first qb called if a scenario plays out where a contender loses their qb. 

• 3 weeks later...

2 very big things (IMO) that cost the Colts the game.  That early pick they had and not making it a Pick 6.  Reich putting Adam in there to go for a 54 yd. FG.  Penalties killed both teams as did crucial TOs.  But that Mixon from Cincy is a warrior.  Well, Luck looked good and back to form.

48 minutes ago, rico said:

I wonder which team that will favor?

Reich said and I agree it favors the offense. I'm not sure what to think of the Colts yet. Watching Bengals destroy Ravens last night...does that mean Colts are better than we thought or just a bad night for Ravens? I'm a Bears fan first but follow the Colts closely. Have tons of confidence in Ballard.....Colts fans just need to realize it will take at least another draft (or maybe two) to rebuild a roster that could be one of the worst when Ballard got to town.

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Reich said and I agree it favors the offense. I'm not sure what to think of the Colts yet. Watching Bengals destroy Ravens last night...does that mean Colts are better than we thought or just a bad night for Ravens? I'm a Bears fan first but follow the Colts closely. Have tons of confidence in Ballard.....Colts fans just need to realize it will take at least another draft (or maybe two) to rebuild a roster that could be one of the worst when Ballard got to town.

I think they are gonna be better than what I thought they would be.  But it has only been 1 game.

25 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Fantastic win today. I love our offensive playbook and I can't remember the last time I recall our defense being such sure tacklers as they were this afternoon. Still not sure what the ceiling is, but today was fun. Huge test next week in Philly, obviously.

I agree.  Great game.  Congrats Coach Reich.  One game at a time.

Some of the plays and misdirection Reich called yesterday were pretty darn creative. 9-16 on 3rd downs. 3-3 in Red Zone I believe. Colts look much, much faster and more aggressive on defense (who controlled this game). Any wins in the NFL are great. Road wins are even better. Very positive sign of what's to come once the roster is full of experienced NFL players.

Archived