2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yup, top two units in the league, with KC probably close behind with Kelce. How they ultimately rank this season probably comes down to health (both the TE's and their QB's for both teams) and for the Eagles Goedart progressing in his second year. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Remember one year when Payton miss all of training camp with that problem with his knee and it took him a few weeks to get going.

He won the MVP that year I believe.  Let's not confuse Luck with Manning and the overall team talent. That team had some margin for error. This team I believe will be very good but not good enough to overcome no Luck or a very rusty Luck. Just my take on it 

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

He won the MVP that year I believe.  Let's not confuse Luck with Manning and the overall team talent. That team had some margin for error. This team I believe will be very good but not good enough to overcome no Luck or a very rusty Luck. Just my take on it 

I don't know because the defense was not very good when Payton was here and it cost us more championships.  Also I think the OL is better today than it was back then but not by far.

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't know because the defense was not very good when Payton was here and it cost us more championships.  Also I think the OL is better today than it was back then but not by far.

Valid points but rusty Manning is better than 99 percent of the QB'S that have ever played this game. 

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

Exactly why were are concerned about Luck. We can't overcome that kind of start like we did last year.  My goals for this team are to compete for AFC Championship. 

Mine to but why can't we over come this year like we did last year.  I think this team as a whole is a lot better than last year and the surrounding talent is better.

If Luck’s shoulder is good, we should be okay. He can stand back in the shotgun and throw the ball. May be limited on longer passes that take longer to develop and require a sustained pass protection, but no reason why he couldn’t throw the short to intermediate routes and be successful. 

Not ideal, I know. But not impossible either 

26 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

If Luck’s shoulder is good, we should be okay. He can stand back in the shotgun and throw the ball. May be limited on longer passes that take longer to develop and require a sustained pass protection, but no reason why he couldn’t throw the short to intermediate routes and be successful. 

Not ideal, I know. But not impossible either 

Not impossible, but I prefer him to be mobile.  

Admittedly not a Big Ben fan at all so I always sided with Antonio Brown on issues he had in Pittsburgh. That being said....this guy needs to either play or take his $ and go home. I applaud Mayock for saying what he did last night. Basically we've exhausted all time and energy. Either all in or all out. 

23 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Admittedly not a Big Ben fan at all so I always sided with Antonio Brown on issues he had in Pittsburgh. That being said....this guy needs to either play or take his $ and go home. I applaud Mayock for saying what he did last night. Basically we've exhausted all time and energy. Either all in or all out. 

Me thinks Brown just doesn't want to play?

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

DIVA DIVA DIVA. thank God he is not a Colt.  I don't care what he brings to the table I would not want him on my team. 

Definitely takes leadership from locker room and head coach to control it. Especially from my pro teams...and specifically wide receiver position...I expect a little Diva. 

19 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Definitely takes leadership from locker room and head coach to control it. Especially from my pro teams...and specifically wide receiver position...I expect a little Diva. 

A little  yes . This guy No thank you!!  If Mike Tomlin can't keep him under control being the players coach that he is, I can only imagine what him playing for a no nonsense kind of guy would be like. 

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

A little  yes . This guy No thank you!!  If Mike Tomlin can't keep him under control being the players coach that he is, I can only imagine what him playing for a no nonsense kind of guy would be like. 

First Bell, now Brown...makes one wonder about Pittsburgh.

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I'll piggyback on what Rico said. Tomlin isn't without fault here either. Maybe Tomlin is part of the problem and not the solution. I don't know. You chase off two of the biggest playmakers in the game....all sides of the equation have to be evaluated.

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll piggyback on what Rico said. Tomlin isn't without fault here either. Maybe Tomlin is part of the problem and not the solution. I don't know. You chase off two of the biggest playmakers in the game....all sides of the equation have to be evaluated.

I am with ya...something just doesn't seem right in one of the better organizations in the NFL.

FYI...for anyone who plays fantasy. Few guys on twitter are saying Melvin Gordon situation isn't getting resolved anytime soon. One of my drafts was last night (never been this early but work schedules forced it) but I started stockpiling handcuff rb's in 7th-10th rounds. Go get Austin Ekeler now if your league has already drafted. Others to really target are Tony Pollard (Zeke's backup), Darrell Henderson (Gurley handcuff), and Mattison (Dalvin Cook's backup). Good luck drafting! I'm in several leagues. Love this time of year. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

FYI...for anyone who plays fantasy. Few guys on twitter are saying Melvin Gordon situation isn't getting resolved anytime soon. One of my drafts was last night (never been this early but work schedules forced it) but I started stockpiling handcuff rb's in 7th-10th rounds. Go get Austin Ekeler now if your league has already drafted. Others to really target are Tony Pollard (Zeke's backup), Darrell Henderson (Gurley handcuff), and Mattison (Dalvin Cook's backup). Good luck drafting! I'm in several leagues. Love this time of year. 

Thank you.  After years of being a multi league guy, I went down to one last year.  Same for this year. Our draft is on Sunday. 

Archived