2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

23 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Thank you.  After years of being a multi league guy, I went down to one last year.  Same for this year. Our draft is on Sunday. 

I'm in 4. This year is unlike any I've seen in a long time. The Zeke, Gordon, Gurley uncertainty...you have folks drafting at 4,5, and 6 who are so scattered. Obviously dependent on PPR or not.....but I chose Kelce at pick 10 last night in 1 point PPR and followed it up with Thomas in round 2 with and got Keenan Allen in round 3. PPR vs non changes things so much. I took receptions over RB's....and stockpiled handcuffs hoping one will hit. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Any Vikings fans on here? What's the local word on Thielen and Diggs? I'm a Thielen fan (fantasy) in my PPR league. Was curious if the rumors are true about going more run first this year.

After the Colts, I am a Vikings fan. Go back to the Purple People Eaters of the late 60's -early 70's.

I had Thielen last year and he helped me immensely. Yes, I believe the rumors about the run game are true. Dalvin Cook went down really early last year and when that happened, the Vikings had no choice but to throw the ball to try and score. As well, the O line was a mess. With Cook supposedly healthy this year, and with upgrades to the line, I believe they will become a more balanced team. Head Coach Zimmer has always advocated smash mouth football, and I think there will be a return to that this year.

My FF league draft is next Wednesday. I would still take either of the two receivers, and possible TE Rudolph as well. However probably not as early as last year's stats would suggest

7 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

After the Colts, I am a Vikings fan. Go back to the Purple People Eaters of the late 60's -early 70's.

I had Thielen last year and he helped me immensely. Yes, I believe the rumors about the run game are true. Dalvin Cook went down really early last year and when that happened, the Vikings had no choice but to throw the ball to try and score. As well, the O line was a mess. With Cook supposedly healthy this year, and with upgrades to the line, I believe they will become a more balanced team. Head Coach Zimmer has always advocated smash mouth football, and I think there will be a return to that this year.

My FF league draft is next Wednesday. I would still take either of the two receivers, and possible TE Rudolph as well. However probably not as early as last year's stats would suggest

Thanks! I just found out I draft 1st (which I hate this year) in one of my PPR leagues. Trying to plan for the turn at 24/25 and I'm focusing on Allen/Thielen or similar players. Tons of targets. Most have Thielen rated in the 30's but I plan on grabbing him a little earlier because of where I'm drafting. 

2 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Thanks Luck.... for nothing! You over rated piece of sh*t!!! Nothing like leaving the Colts high and dry Can you tell I'm PO'd??????

Maybe we can talk Manning out of retirement??

Yep glad he did it now and now before draft day. Even PG had better timing than this when he screwed the Pacers over. 

Man.  You guys need to chill.  You have no idea what the man has going on in his personal life.  He's not demanding a trade like PG just so he can get out of Indy. but continue playing.  He may have serious health issues (physical or mental).  He may be dealing with a private family situation.  

Even if he just wants to hang it up, wouldn't most of us have loved to be able to retire at age 29?

Totally unfair to rip him over this decision without having all the facts.

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Man.  You guys need to chill.  You have no idea what the man has going on in his personal life.  He's not demanding a trade like PG just so he can get out of Indy. but continue playing.  He may have serious health issues (physical or mental).  He may be dealing with a private family situation.  

Even if he just wants to hang it up, wouldn't most of us have loved to be able to retire at age 29?

Totally unfair to rip him over this decision without having all the facts.

Again, the decision I can live with. The timing is atrocious and totally screws the Colts. 

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

Again, the decision I can live with. The timing is atrocious and totally screws the Colts. 

And, what if he just found out this week that he has a terminal illness?  Do you expect him to play the season because it's more convenient for Colts fans?  Get all the facts before you criticize him.  

Just now, 5fouls said:

And, what if he just found out this week that he has a terminal illness?  Do you expect him to play the season because it's more convenient for Colts fans?  Get all the facts before you criticize him.  

A terminal illness? If we find out that’s what it is, I’ll gladly take back what I said. 

If he knew there was a good chance he wasn’t going to play, I doubt he literally just thought of it today. Colts are now left scrambling without a legit QB. 

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

A terminal illness? If we find out that’s what it is, I’ll gladly take back what I said. 

If he knew there was a good chance he wasn’t going to play, I doubt he literally just thought of it today. Colts are now left scrambling without a legit QB. 

Brissett is a legit qb. Cannot evaluate him based on two years ago. Colts are a much better team than they were then.

If Brissett goes down, then I would worry... don’t get me wrong, he’s not Luck, but he’s more than legit 

11 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Luck is an extremely bright guy. I am confident that this is not an easy decision for him and I bet he is absolutely torn. Will not ever disparage him. Only hope the best for he and his family.

As far as the Colts go... Trevor Lawrence?

We have to suck for 2 years to get Lawrence since he is just a sophomore.  Also I can't tell a person what to do with their lives and can't blame him for what he thinks is best for his life.

7 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

You'll gladly take it back?  As in, you would be happy if that was the case?

I'm sorry, but you have no right to judge him at all for what is a personal decision.  Any more than he has a right to judge you for decisions you make.

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

You'll gladly take it back?  As in, you would be happy if that was the case?

I'm sorry, but you have no right to judge him at all for what is a personal decision.  Any more than he has a right to judge you for decisions you make.

Gladly was the wrong word. But my stance isn’t changing. 

Archived