2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

As far as Vinatieri goes, the kicks were long enough--leg strength definitely still there. Not sure if something got in his head, but find it strange that all 3 misses came at the same end of the field. Which also leads to why, when the Chargers won the overtime coin flip, did the Colts choose to head in that same direction. In the end it didn't matter.

Also, the Hooker one-handed interception may be the best defensive play we'll see all year.

On to the next one. Not dismayed, but this game was there for the taking.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

As far as Vinatieri goes, the kicks were long enough--leg strength definitely still there. Not sure if something got in his head, but find it strange that all 3 misses came at the same end of the field. Which also leads to why, when the Chargers won the overtime coin flip, did the Colts choose to head in that same direction. In the end it didn't matter.

Also, the Hooker one-handed interception may be the best defensive play we'll see all year.

On to the next one. Not dismayed, but this game was there for the taking.

Agree on all accounts.  I hope this 1 does not come back to bite us in terms of playoffs.  Like you said it was right there for a win. We only had a few penalties the whole game but 2 of them gave the Chargers 11 pts. That coupled with the 7 left on the field by Adam, it could have easily been a 2 touchdown win for the Colts 

Looking at Colts schedule. Everyone knows the Colts domination of Titans over the years but that was with #12. Hopefully the go down there and get the win because if they do that it should setup a 3-1 month. Obviously everything can change with injuries but I still see a 10+ win team...maybe 11.

I think the colts will win their division assuming injuries aren't factor.  IMO, Week 1 is really strange because teams treat Pre-season so lightly to keep player healthy.  There are the new rules concerning how much practice time the player go through with relation to 2  a days.  Brissett played a lot while the Luck situation played out.  So he looked pretty sharp in what I saw.    Was flipping through games so didn't see it all.  There are some exceptions but teams just look out of sync on offense in week 1.  

1 hour ago, ATX_sig said:

Was flipping through games so didn't see it all.  There are some exceptions but teams just look out of sync on offense in week 1.  

From what I was watching the there were offenses that looked pretty dang good.  Cowboys, Ravens, Titans, etc...looked on top of their games.  

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Unfortunately, Brissette’s rating of 120.7 didn’t translate to a win 

It was not his fault that they lost.  Pretty much if you take the special teams mistakes away this game was a win.  You had 3 missed kicks by a HOF kicker, a block punt and a penalty that enabled LA to score 7 instead of 3.

Archived