2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. My uncle lives near Seattle so I get inundated with Seahawk stuff and have gradually warmed up to them over the years. He still won't forgive Pete for not running Lynch vs Patriots but overall Pete has total control of the team/operation/players. Fun team to watch actually. 

I follow them because Ayden became a fan when he was 3 or 4. Loved their Jerseys.  They are fun to watch and look like they are having fun.  

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a general comment on Bengals. Maybe their plan of tanking will allow them to get Burrow or whatever QB they want with first pick to pair with AJ Green if they can convince him to stick around. If not though...they still could have gotten their QB and probably received another first round pick for AJ at trade deadline (Seahawks for example). Could have drafted their qb, used late first to shore up line for qb and Mixon...and used first pick of 2nd round to draft best WR available. 

I know things are never that simple but I'm open why this couldn't work?

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a general comment on Bengals. Maybe their plan of tanking will allow them to get Burrow or whatever QB they want with first pick to pair with AJ Green if they can convince him to stick around. If not though...they still could have gotten their QB and probably received another first round pick for AJ at trade deadline (Seahawks for example). Could have drafted their qb, used late first to shore up line for qb and Mixon...and used first pick of 2nd round to draft best WR available. 

I know things are never that simple but I'm open why this couldn't work?

If I have the first pick I am picking Chase Young from OSU.  Teams stay bad when they draft for a need even when those players are not the quality for being a #1 draft pick.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If I have the first pick I am picking Chase Young from OSU.  Teams stay bad when they draft for a need even when those players are not the quality for being a #1 draft pick.

You could certainly do that but choosing him outright wouldn't be wise either. Even if it's just one spot to move down you do that until you know Chase is there and accumulate picks. Jets moved up only 3 spots to secure their QB and shipped #6 overall (some guy named Nelson) and 3 2nd rounders to Colts. That's how you use your position. Teams have shown they will pay steep premiums to get their QB. Bengals would be wise to do that. 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

You could certainly do that but choosing him outright wouldn't be wise either. Even if it's just one spot to move down you do that until you know Chase is there and accumulate picks. Jets moved up only 3 spots to secure their QB and shipped #6 overall (some guy named Nelson) and 3 2nd rounders to Colts. That's how you use your position. Teams have shown they will pay steep premiums to get their QB. Bengals would be wise to do that. 

totally agree with this and just was stating I wouldn't pick a QB just because you need a QB

11 minutes ago, rico said:

Why not the Saints or the Patriots?

Payton likes Bridgewater a lot but not sure of his contract status and obviously no clue on how long Brees plays. Patriots could too. All depends on Brady but wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Patriots draft one this year. Just good business. 

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Payton likes Bridgewater a lot but not sure of his contract status and obviously no clue on how long Brees plays. Patriots could too. All depends on Brady but wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Patriots draft one this year. Just good business. 

I am pretty Teddy is a FA after the season?  But I would think both Payton and Belisuck would be looking to the future just a tad.  As I would think the Chargers and Steelers would be...but I don't make the big bucks.

49 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Reported this morning that the Colts are bringing in free agent place kickers to try out...including one Cody Parkey, late of the Chicago Bears.

May be the end of the Vinatieri era.

I think they did this earlier in the year too. Will be curious to see what comes out of it this time. Last time they did this V didn't have an issue for a few weeks.

27 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'v had 2 fellow Bears fans say if they do this move it's going to have serious implications on their fandom. Of course would never give up on Bears but they can't stand Cam at all. I've never really had an issue with him either way. Shows flashes of excellence and flashes of missing wide open receivers. 

8 minutes ago, rico said:

Better than what you got...

Debatable. In his prime, yes, but I think his prime is in his rearview mirror. 

I've always had a problem with with his personality and integrity. Since the issues at Florida, the unsavory stuff with his father and Auburn, and his crybaby act after the Superbowl vs the Pats he just doesn't sit well with me.

Now watch Pace go out and give up 3 first rounders for him...

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Debatable. In his prime, yes, but I think his prime is in his rearview mirror. 

I've always had a problem with with his personality and integrity. Since the issues at Florida, the unsavory stuff with his father and Auburn, and his crybaby act after the Superbowl vs the Pats he just doesn't sit well with me.

Now watch Pace go out and give up 3 first rounders for him...

The one thing I will say is that if the Bears make a trade for Cam, or any other QB for that matter, they absolutely have the wrong guy in charge.  There will be some guys available via FA come the end of the season along with the draft if the Bears decide that Mitch isn't their guy.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

The one thing I will say is that if the Bears make a trade for Cam, or any other QB for that matter, they absolutely have the wrong guy in charge.  There will be some guys available via FA come the end of the season along with the draft if the Bears decide that Mitch isn't their guy.

That's the thing and a point that IUFLA has brought up before. If the Bears make this move or any type of move...ownership (McCaskeys) can speak on why they decided to give the captain of the Titanic a second or third or fourth voyage. He's already made enough moves to question why he's still employed. Pace doesn't speak often in public but if I were close to him someone has to be telling him to squash these rumors (even if they are true) now. Does nobody on the current team any good. He can address the position in January. 

19 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's the thing and a point that IUFLA has brought up before. If the Bears make this move or any type of move...ownership (McCaskeys) can speak on why they decided to give the captain of the Titanic a second or third or fourth voyage. He's already made enough moves to question why he's still employed. Pace doesn't speak often in public but if I were close to him someone has to be telling him to squash these rumors (even if they are true) now. Does nobody on the current team any good. He can address the position in January. 

I can't remember which talking head it was(I am thinking Sims or Esiason) that not all that long ago questioned the Bears on drafting Mitch and letting Howard go.  And then wondered why Chicago didn't go after Bridgewater.  But you and IUFLA know more about the Bears situation than what I do.

Archived