2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

If for some crazy reason Brees or Bridgewater are available would you make a move if you are the Colts or Bears. I would kick the tires and really consider either 

If I'm the Colts I'm kicking every tire they can to secure an upgrade at that position. Best Oline in football, very, very solid run game....they are getting close to the proverbial window opening up. 

Regarding Bears. Should we? Yes. Will we? No. Pace is married to his guy. Much like the Cubs our hope somehow is relegated to the idea of him/players finding it on the field next year. Based only on what I've watched Mitch do in his first 3 seasons...I see 8 wins again. Max. Schedule is a little easier next year but not much. 

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

If for some crazy reason Brees or Bridgewater are available would you make a move if you are the Colts or Bears. I would kick the tires and really consider either 

Can't see Brees leaving Now Orleans but if I am the Colts I would look at both of those

A few weeks ago we were having a discussion about Colts and them drafting a QB.  PFF just put out there top 100 draft prospects and this is the ratings for the QB's

#1 Burrow

#3 Tua

#27 Herbert

#50 Fromm

#65 Love

Say this is close to what most people have ranked and that is what the Colts have on their big board.  So at 13 do you stretch if those top 3 QB's are off the board or go BPA.  You know what I would do because I would not stretch for a QB that early.

48 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

A few weeks ago we were having a discussion about Colts and them drafting a QB.  PFF just put out there top 100 draft prospects and this is the ratings for the QB's

#1 Burrow

#3 Tua

#27 Herbert

#50 Fromm

#65 Love

Say this is close to what most people have ranked and that is what the Colts have on their big board.  So at 13 do you stretch if those top 3 QB's are off the board or go BPA.  You know what I would do because I would not stretch for a QB that early.

I think they would take BPA maybe trade back but lool at QB in in 2nd or 3rd round

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think they would take BPA maybe trade back but lool at QB in in 2nd or 3rd round

I would to and but some feel like that Love will be picked before pick 13 which is ridiculous to me if he is ranked that low on draft boards.  I would look at Love or Fromm at their 2nd pick in the second round.

4 minutes ago, rico said:

Sometimes teams get/draft a player because they feel he fits their system/personnel...including QB.  Not always the Best Player Available.

I agree but if you have a player rated #65 I just wouldn't pick him in the first round just because you need a QB.  I would wait and try to get that guy in the second round.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I agree but if you have a player rated #65 I just wouldn't pick him in the first round just because you need a QB.  I would wait and try to get that guy in the second round.

Honestly Bro, I have no idea what the Colts are thinking.  I have faith they will do the "right" thing.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I watched him just once on TV but was not really impressed. His senior year he had 20 TD's and 17 interceptions which led college football so it seems like he had some accuracy problems.

Did you see his 17 INTs? Truthfully.. I bet only (on average) 70% of INTs are QBs fault. Wrong routes, DL pressure, tipped balls, etc. 

I didn't see his 17 picks.. maybe they were all his fault, but we dont know. 

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

#1 Burrow

#3 Tua

#27 Herbert

#50 Fromm

#65 Love

I'm surprised Eason from Washington wasn't on this list. Big time arm and dealt with injury and Fromm took his spot at Georgia before sitting out for a year. He'll be there in the 3rd more than likely. Plenty of teams who might have their guy for 1 more year could draft Eason and have him sit. This is just me though. I keep taking QB's somewhere in a draft until you find your guy. 

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm surprised Eason from Washington wasn't on this list. Big time arm and dealt with injury and Fromm took his spot at Georgia before sitting out for a year. He'll be there in the 3rd more than likely. Plenty of teams who might have their guy for 1 more year could draft Eason and have him sit. This is just me though. I keep taking QB's somewhere in a draft until you find your guy. 

Forgot about him.  He was getting a lot of pub before the season started.

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I thought he went back to school and was not entering the draft but I could be wrong.

12 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Can't remember where I saw it(believe it was a colts writer) but Colts sent scouts to 5 or 6 games to watch Love this past year so the interest is legit and a real shot at pick 13. 

I will be furious if we pick him at 13 because you don't stretch that much in the 1st round.  I wouldn't mind with one of the second rounds picks but not 13.  IN PFF he was ranked the 65th prospect in the draft which equals a late 2nd or early 3rd round pick.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I will be furious if we pick him at 13 because you don't stretch that much in the 1st round.  I wouldn't mind with one of the second rounds picks but not 13.  IN PFF he was ranked the 65th prospect in the draft which equals a late 2nd or early 3rd round pick.

Will you still be livid if he is the next Mahomes? If you feel and these guys win and lose jobs with these kind of decisions he is your guy you have to go get.him. 

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Will you still be livid if he is the next Mahomes? If you feel and these guys win and lose jobs with these kind of decisions he is your guy you have to go get.him. 

Or how about the next Blake Bortles? because there have way more misses in the 1st round with QB's the last 10 years than hits.

Archived