2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

If he is suspended for any significant time for the remainder of this season or playoffs, IMO the Chiefs are not the favorite to come out of the AFC.  Mahomes is good but Hunt is a hell of a runner.  Without Hunt, you do not have to respect their run game near as much. 

The Chargers will challenge....the door is open for the Colts.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Kareem Hunt-impact talent, immediate hoursehold name....and someone that may not play again. That video is VERY disturbing.

It is just sad.  I am glad I am not a Chiefs fan.  Their fan base has to be in a state of shock right now.

22 minutes ago, rico said:

It is just sad.  I am glad I am not a Chiefs fan.  Their fan base has to be in a state of shock right now.

Yep. Spencer Ware is a drop off...but not a drastic can't do anything drop off. I just expect more Mahomes. If any team can absorb a hit like this it's the Chiefs. So many weapons.

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Spencer Ware is a drop off...but not a drastic can't do anything drop off. I just expect more Mahomes. If any team can absorb a hit like this it's the Chiefs. So many weapons.

Well, here is where we see what kind of moxie KC has.  

Had to look it up. Hunt has earned roughly $1.6M in Salary/Sign on Bonus in 2 seasons. Assuming 50-55% of that goes to taxes, attorney fees, agent fees,etc....he has roughly $700k left if he saved every $ (which I doubt). I'm a big 2nd chance and sometimes 3rd chance guy....but does anyone else think this is career ending ala Ray Rice? Or because he's so young...someone will give him another chance next season. Either way....very, very costly. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Had to look it up. Hunt has earned roughly $1.6M in Salary/Sign on Bonus in 2 seasons. Assuming 50-55% of that goes to taxes, attorney fees, agent fees,etc....he has roughly $700k left if he saved every $ (which I doubt). I'm a big 2nd chance and sometimes 3rd chance guy....but does anyone else think this is career ending ala Ray Rice? Or because he's so young...someone will give him another chance next season. Either way....very, very costly. 

He will get another chance, I just hope he figures a few things out.

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Some team will definitely give him another chance. He is in his prime while Rice was towards end of career.

It will definitely cost him $$ though as you pointed out...but as Rico pointed out, the most important thing is he gets his sh$% together.

5 hours ago, rico said:

He will get another chance, I just hope he figures a few things out.

Reuben Foster, the 3 or 4 time offender linebacker, was let go by the Niners and picked up almost immediately by Washington.

As much talent as Hunt has, someone will sign him. If the Bengals didn’t already have Mixon, I would consider them candidate #1

We lost because of coaching but to me the NFL is almost unwatchable because of the refs.  I have saw a few games with this crew and they have been totally inept.  We had 3 big plays called back which was totally bogus calls.  It is all over the NFL and they think we are watching games to see them thro flags all over the field.  Every time your team makes a play the first thing you do is to see if there was a flag before celebrating the good play.

Archived