2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, rico said:

And that is why I don't gamble on sporting events!

I don't either. My $2 pool each week and fantasy is my exposure to the underground. The watering hole I watch games at has the same 4 dudes (mind you all professionals) who are up there gambling on every single game, in game bets, teases, etc.....and they rarely look happy. Always explaining how they lost. Would drive me crazy to live in that game. Adrenaline is a pretty powerful/addicting drug.

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't either. My $2 pool each week and fantasy is my exposure to the underground. The watering hole I watch games at has the same 4 dudes (mind you all professionals) who are up there gambling on every single game, in game bets, teases, etc.....and they rarely look happy. Always explaining how they lost. Would drive me crazy to live in that game. Adrenaline is a pretty powerful/addicting drug.

Those spreads will kill ya!

37 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Not a good result there. Need the Texans to drop the game to the eagles next week (to avoid the pats) and need the ravens to lose to the chargers or the Steelers to lose to the saints. 

Explain in detail please.

33 minutes ago, rico said:

Explain in detail please.

We are still in really, really good shape. If we win out and the Ravens lose to the Chargers OR the Steelers lose to the Saints, we are in. If the Texans win one of their last two, we would be the 6 seed. If the Texans lose out, we would end up the 3rd or 4th seed. Unfortunately the Texans are now in line for the 2 seed and the Pats the 3 seed, so we could be going to Foxboro.

10 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

We are still in really, really good shape. If we win out and the Ravens lose to the Chargers OR the Steelers lose to the Saints, we are in. If the Texans win one of their last two, we would be the 6 seed. If the Texans lose out, we would end up the 3rd or 4th seed. Unfortunately the Texans are now in line for the 2 seed and the Pats the 3 seed, so we could be going to Foxboro.

If the Texans and Pats tie...who has the tiebreaker?

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

if they end up with same record the  Pats would based on head to head. After that next tiebreaker is conference record. 

OK, I had to quickly look it up.  The Pats beat them.  And Houston has to play at Philly next week.  TY

I have a good feeling that one of the two lose this weekend out of Steelers(at Saints) and Ravens(at Chargers).  With that being said and we take care of the Giants at home, the Titans game will be very big for us which has been mentioned above could possibly be flexed to Sunday night game. 

What Eberflus has done with the defense to help cover up areas of concern as the season has progressed has been amazing.  I am really hoping someone doesn't poach him away during the offseason.  When the running game is firing on all cylinders, this team is hard to be.  Hilton made another statement with playing after no practice, he's not a diva. 

I am tickled to death that we are in the position that we are, even if it means traveling to New England to play which I firmly believe we can win.  Right now, they are not scary.  No way should the pats vs phins game should have been that close and no way should the pats only score 10 points against the steelers.  

This is the scenario is I think is most likely:

Chiefs 2-0 (could lose to Seahawks next week and then the Chargers would be #1 seed)

Pats 2-0

Texans 1-1 (losing to Eagles)

Steelers 1-1 (losing to Saints)

Chargers 2-0 

Ravens 1-1 (losing to Chargers)

Titans 1-1 (losing to Colts)

Colts 2-0

image.thumb.png.a8b0b8f20832663ef06bafa623b073f6.png

If the Texans managed to choke against the Jags:

image.thumb.png.08c959ad951b6bc257161f8204f82958.png

Archived