2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, rico said:

Da Bears

I expected Rams to be slowed down but totally dominated by Bears defense?? Held Gurley to under 30, Rams had just over 200 yards of total offense and Goff didn't look comfortable one series all night. Awesome performance. With Bears being (more than likely) it will give them confidence if they have to go to LA for playoffs. 

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I expected Rams to be slowed down but totally dominated by Bears defense?? Held Gurley to under 30, Rams had just over 200 yards of total offense and Goff didn't look comfortable one series all night. Awesome performance. With Bears being (more than likely) it will give them confidence if they have to go to LA for playoffs. 

What?  No shout out for Howard?  LOL

If we get on Reich for his mistakes we need to give him some props for yesterday.  When Houston scored to make 24-21 with a little under 3 minutes to go he played to win.  Instead of just running the ball to get Houston to call their timeouts he passed the ball to get some first downs and then ran out the clock.

Just now, IU Scott said:

If we get on Reich for his mistakes we need to give him some props for yesterday.  When Houston scored to make 24-21 with a little under 3 minutes to go he played to win.  Instead of just running the ball to get Houston to call their timeouts he passed the ball to get some first downs and then ran out the clock.

Yep. Came out passing to get the first downs. If Pagano was still around...3 rushes and a punt, right?

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Completely agree.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Completely agree. I loved the aggression yesterday and thought it made sense situationally within the game. We weren't running the ball well, but needed first downs to ice the game so we passed it. Great play calling. 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Completely agree. I loved the aggression yesterday and thought it made sense situationally within the game. We weren't running the ball well, but needed first downs to ice the game so we passed it. Great play calling. 

I was so afraid that we were gonna just run the ball and punt. Great job by Coach staff and team for executing. 

46 minutes ago, rico said:

Don't forget about Cincinnati......still sticks in my mind.  

On a side note did you run that play-off scenario?

I ran the scenario generator picking these results:

Week 15

Colts over Cowboys

Broncos over Browns 

Ravens over Bucs

Titans over Giants

Vikings over Dolphins

Pats over Steelers

Week 16

Colts over Giants

Titans over Redskins

Chargers over Ravens

Dolphins over Jags

Saints over Steelers

Broncos over Raiders

Week 17

Colts over Titans

Ravens over Browns

Dolphins over Bills

Steelers over Bengals

Chargers over Broncos

Summary: Colts 3-0, Broncos 2-1, Ravens 2-1,  Titans 2-1, Dolphins 2-1, Steelers 2-1

This is how it plays out. Colts 6th seed, no tiebreaker needed:

image.png.ee25a8f2f3be1efcd89c684aea5e0f5f.png

If the Texans managed to go 1-2, with one of those losses being the Jags, this would be the result. Texans going 0-3 would result in the same:

image.png.53f26825238868fded194780a7966a2b.png

15 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

The Bengals and Jags games in Indy are both washes since fumbles could have changed both of them in the other direction. I would say the Eagles and Texans game in Houston also wash out.

Definitely fair to say Bengals and Jags game cancel each other, but we had the ball twice with a chance to win against Philly, including inside the 5. Houston never got the ball back once they scores. Those two aren't exactly equivalent. 

I've had some bad beats in fantasy football over the years but last night was the worst. Lost in semifinals on the Kirk Cousins over the line of scrimmage td to Dalvin Cook at end of game. A meaningless illegal TD by Cook....lose by 5. Ouch. I might have to take a year off after that one.

35 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've had some bad beats in fantasy football over the years but last night was the worst. Lost in semifinals on the Kirk Cousins over the line of scrimmage td to Dalvin Cook at end of game. A meaningless illegal TD by Cook....lose by 5. Ouch. I might have to take a year off after that one.

Is it a money league?

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Cook's TD. I had Thielen going other guy had Cook. When Thielen went for 35 yards and clock winding down I took the lead and thought I dodged a bullet. Guess I didn't dodge enough. Haha..

I just asked because I heard an interesting factoid on Cousins yesterday....he has never won a Monday night football game.

On 12/11/2018 at 7:05 AM, Seeking6 said:

That really sucks to lose on that play because it was meaningless, but it was perfectly legal. 

Archived