2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

Just now, Seeking6 said:

I for one believe that Colts paid the $24.8 because I think they think he'll be back someday. 

Agree. That was a deposit on his hopeful return. I know Luck is wired a little different, but I'll be surprised if we've seen the last of him on an NFL field. Maybe he just needs some time away to rehab without pressure. Just not having the pressure for a year or two can do a lot to change someone's mental wellbeing. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BGleas said:

Agree. That was a deposit on his hopeful return. I know Luck is wired a little different, but I'll be surprised if we've seen the last of him on an NFL field. Maybe he just needs some time away to rehab without pressure. Just not having the pressure for a year or two can do a lot to change someone's mental wellbeing. 

I started on Wall St when I was 21. Went 17 hour days between there and brokerage when I moved back to Indy until I was 32. I was done. Mentally done...I was 50 lbs overweight.....drinking often, smoking,etc.....but I took literally a year off from no phone, did some travelling, recharged the brain, treated by body better health wise....best decision I ever made. Amazing what happens when you just take a year off. I think Luck might feel the same way down the road. 

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Funny stuff. I was just editing to say my comment wasn't directed at you....was just replying in general. You've been on this one since day 1. If the Colts sat on the info I think they sat on it because kids (yes....Andrew at age 29 is still a kid) sometimes aren't thinking of every possible option. I for one believe that Colts paid the $24.8 because I think they think he'll be back someday. 

Paying him leaves the door open for sure and I am sure they were hoping for a change of heart. I dont know the answer but could he sit this year and go anywhere else next?

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Paying him leaves the door open for sure and I am sure they were hoping for a change of heart. I dont know the answer but could he sit this year and go anywhere else next?

Pretty sure Colts have his rights for length of contract but don't take my word as an absolute. It's like when Jordan retired (cough, cough)....Bulls still had rights to him. 

38 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, Luck himself said week to 2 weeks ago when he first approached the Colts. But what would be your first reaction to that type of news? Mine wouldn't be to hatch some conspiracy plan, mine would be to try and convince him to change his mind, or at minimum sit on it a while longer in hopes something changes. I would implore him to think on it longer, not because of money, but because I want him on my team. 

Of course you do what you have to in order to try and change his mind. With the Colts and their lack of honesty in certain areas they definitely opened themselves up for people to think correctly or not that they were once again being dishonest

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think the Colts hold his rights and the only way he could go elsewhere is through a trade.

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

Why have him make the spectacle of warming up and showing how well he is doing in warm ups other than to insure the fans that he is ok. Part of the dog and pony show

Maybe that work out was his last straw because the next day he  might have woke up with more pain that it was before the workout.

Thanks I suspected that but not sure.  Otherwise everyone that was dissatisfied with their team would retire for a year 

Well in the NBA players are able to get trades so maybe the players in the NFL will try this as well.  It might be harder since the contracts in the NFL are not guaranteed.

I could buy that according to 1 person he had told the Colts 5 days earlier he was done.  If you are done mentally then why do it?

Maybe the Colts were trying to get him to try and maybe change his mind.  Also where are you getting all of your inside info?

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I could buy that according to 1 person he had told the Colts 5 days earlier he was done.  If you are done mentally then why do it?

My opinion won't be a popular one. To me that's more on Andrew Luck and his camp. Oliver must have been working overtime since Saturday night because most of the usual suspects at ESPN sure were getting his spin out quickly. 

Tony Kornheiser just crapped all over Indianapolis. Said the fans booing Luck was "A second rate hicktown move" and that the only reason they were in Indy was because when they left Baltimore, that's where they ran out of gas.

My own thoughts are, every team in the NFL has a certain percentage of fans that would have reacted the same way. Including Kornheiser's beloved NYC.

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Tony Kornheiser just crapped all over Indianapolis. Said the fans booing Luck was "A second rate hicktown move" and that the only reason they were in Indy was because when they left Baltimore, that's where they ran out of gas.

My own thoughts are, every team in the NFL has a certain percentage of fans that would have reacted the same way. Including Kornheiser's beloved NYC.

"Corn Hole" anyone?

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Can't stand him or any of the other shock jock shows they have on ESPN.  He just doesn't realize that Indy is one of the  best sports town and host of big events in this country.

19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Total joke.  Every fanbase in the country would have booed him off the field in those circumstances, justifiably so.  More hackery from ESPN.

22 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Funny stuff. Didn't even know Kornheiser was on tv anymore. Regarding his comment. Oh well. Let's face it...the people who were around at a preseason game in the 4th quarter were probably 20 deep. In that moment I get their anger. Indianapolis and Hoosier fans are highly regarded as some of the most knowledgeable and loyal going. I'm not to take the word of a blowhard working for a spin factory in Connecticut as an interpretation of the city and state I love. 

18 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

F1D42389-B72C-473B-9C70-DFC0C71B0498.jpeg

I think a few lines were omitted.  There is nothing cowardly about turning your back on 52 guys that helped you make your BIG money. There is nothing cowardly about teaching kids that's it ok to quit something you started  even though so many parents and coaches and teachers etc say if you start something finish it.

48 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think a few lines were omitted.  There is nothing cowardly about turning your back on 52 guys that helped you make your BIG money. There is nothing cowardly about teaching kids that's it ok to quit something you started  even though so many parents and coaches and teachers etc say if you start something finish it.

Is it cowardly to call out someone behind the keyboard that you have no idea what he was going through. Is it cowardly to try to tell someone what to do with their life and how to live it.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Is it cowardly to call out someone behind the keyboard that you have no idea what he was going through. Is it cowardly to try to tell someone what to do with their life and how to live it.

If that is toward me. I dont think I ever said 1 thing about him being cowardly.  I could give a rat's ass what Andrew Luck does but let's be honest about the situation. Anyone who has been part of a team knows the sacrifice that us made and when the captain, the FACE,  of the franchise QUITS on his team let's not make him out to be a hero because he put his family first. Millions of people do so and even more get up every morning and go to a job they hate and put up with all sorts of BS because it's what is best for their family and dont have someone applauding them for it.

If you live in the spotlight and take the praise and admiration that goes with it be prepared to take from heat from people "hiding behind a keyboard"

I put my name out there so definitely not hiding

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27475715/gronkowski-football-was-bringing-down

Good explanation from Gronkowski on why he retired from football.  By the way he was the same age as Luck when he announced his retirement.

Did Gronk retire in off season or did he wait until 2 weeks before first game. I cant remember 

Archived