2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

15 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

If that is toward me. I dont think I ever said 1 thing about him being cowardly.  I could give a rat's ass what Andrew Luck does but let's be honest about the situation. Anyone who has been part of a team knows the sacrifice that us made and when the captain, the FACE,  of the franchise QUITS on his team let's not make him out to be a hero because he put his family first. Millions of people do so and even more get up every morning and go to a job they hate and put up with all sorts of BS because it's what is best for their family and dont have someone applauding them for it.

If you live in the spotlight and take the praise and admiration that goes with it be prepared to take from heat from people "hiding behind a keyboard"

I put my name out there so definitely not hiding

The difference is that we have to keep going to work so we can take care of our families.  If you told me I would have 50 mil in my bank account tonight I would not ever show up for work again.

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think a few lines were omitted.  There is nothing cowardly about turning your back on 52 guys that helped you make your BIG money. There is nothing cowardly about teaching kids that's it ok to quit something you started  even though so many parents and coaches and teachers etc say if you start something finish it.

I think this post implies that you think he was a coward

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes as a huge Colts fan I am very disappointed that Luck retired and yes the timing was not ideal.  As a human being I can have compassion for him and understand why he made that decision when he did.  To me it is way more important to think as a human being than and have that compassion over thinking irrationally as a sports fan.

35 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The difference is that we have to keep going to work so we can take care of our families.  If you told me I would have 50 mil in my bank account tonight I would not ever show up for work again.

I think this post implies that you think he was a coward

The decision not cowardly.  The timing maybe.  

Not saying he was cowardly but dont think he should be made to be a hero for putting his family.  Most of us fathers and mothers do everyday

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

The decision not cowardly.  The timing maybe.  

Not saying he was cowardly but dont think he should be made to be a hero for putting his family.  Most of us fathers and mothers do everyday

I don't see him as a hero either but I will show some sympathy towards him.

Two things listening to local radio this afternoon in Indy. 

1) To say the Colts are irate about how this got leaked is an understatement. According to the guy on air he was saying the Colts will find out whoever did this and according to the guy he said if Luck finds out it's someone close to him.....they are done. Huge issue for Luck camp right now because no one was supposed to know.

2) After this interview they started talking about the $ conspiracies, tickets sales,etc....and I kid you not basically broke down the same numbers we were discussing on here yesterday. Does anyone think the radio guys cruise sites for their content? Must admit....it was so close in the examples they had to of been lurking here. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Two things listening to local radio this afternoon in Indy. 

1) To say the Colts are irate about how this got leaked is an understatement. According to the guy on air he was saying the Colts will find out whoever did this and according to the guy he said if Luck finds out it's someone close to him.....they are done. Huge issue for Luck camp right now because no one was supposed to know.

2) After this interview they started talking about the $ conspiracies, tickets sales,etc....and I kid you not basically broke down the same numbers we were discussing on here yesterday. Does anyone think the radio guys cruise sites for their content? Must admit....it was so close in the examples they had to of been lurking here. 

Sad about #1.

As far as #2, I believe they do cruise sites.  It might not be the host, but the people under them and they pass on the info.  

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe other people can chime in. I'm hearing some strange stuff on Luck. Might be bigger issues in play here than most fans thought. Actually that's all I'm going to say. I know that's BS,etc....but not touching rumors. Bigger issues in play here. 

Anyone listen to JMV yesterday?  Can't remember which guest but he said something along the lines of I hope there's not more to the story in regards to his health.  As I said earlier in the week, who looked healthier, Irsay or Luck?  

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe other people can chime in. I'm hearing some strange stuff on Luck. Might be bigger issues in play here than most fans thought. Actually that's all I'm going to say. I know that's BS,etc....but not touching rumors. Bigger issues in play here. 

I have not heard any rumors, but have felt all along that there was a story behind the story.  That said, I would be cautious about any specific rumors, as this is just the type of a scenario where those get out of control.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I have not heard any rumors, but have felt all along that there was a story behind the story.  That said, I would be cautious about any specific rumors, as this is just the type of a scenario where those get out of control.

Agree all day. I know I won't be commenting again. 

Regarding football. Always feel bad this time of year. Guys will find out in the next day or so they've been cut....and some will have to face that very real feeling of realizing football isn't in the cards anymore. 

Luck is in the past time to look forward.  Some of the guys that I had not thought about how it impacts them are Ebron and Funchess.  Both will be free agents and a good season for themselves could mean a bigger pay day. There have been many average or slightly above Average guys that were made by Manning or Brady etc..

16 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Gary Brackett just tweeted the colts have a trade in the works for a QB. Likely not a big one but another QB is needed.

I would hope they would not trade much for a backup QB since he might just be there for 2 weeks until Kelly comes back.  Unless they are actually trying to get a starting QB over Brissett there is no need to trade for a QB,

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would hope they would not trade much for a backup QB since he might just be there for 2 weeks until Kelly comes back.  Unless they are actually trying to get a starting QB over Brissett there is no need to trade for a QB,

I agree. I just thought that was interesting 

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

Gary Brackett just tweeted the colts have a trade in the works for a QB. Likely not a big one but another QB is needed.

To me I go the other way. If Gary Brackett is tweeting about it...it tells me it's significant enough for him to say something. I'll say the same thing I've thought since last Saturday. The Eli conversation has to happen. Unfortunately though it would make all the JB is capable talk look half hearted. Ballard isn't a conventional guy. Trying to see or think of options he's looking at. Bridgewater maybe?

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

To me I go the other way. If Gary Brackett is tweeting about it...it tells me it's significant enough for him to say something. I'll say the same thing I've thought since last Saturday. The Eli conversation has to happen. Unfortunately though it would make all the JB is capable talk look half hearted. Ballard isn't a conventional guy. Trying to see or think of options he's looking at. Bridgewater maybe?

That was my thoughts when I saw him tweeting. I don’t know but I guess we’ll see what they do in the next couple of days.

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I would think that right now Brissett is better than Eli so I wouldn't go that route.

Just now, IU Scott said:

I would think that right now Brissett is better than Eli so I wouldn't go that route.

He might be. I don’t think they will trade for Eli but the one thing I keep thinking is how would Eli do with an offensive line, the Colts offensive weapons, and Reich calling the plays? I think he would be improved from the last year or two in NY. Is that still worse than Brissett? It’s possible. 

It's official. Colts bring in Brian Hoyer. I like this move for short and long. Hoyer seems to be a team guy so he'll fit in the locker room. He's been a back up before and to me he's always been a smart player. Frank Reich has obviously had success with backup qb's before (Foles/Philly). Don't throw the towel in yet Colts fans. Luck's decision didn't leave many options. Short of a huge trade (which isn't Ballard's style) this is about as good as you expect 72 hours before season starts.

Colts give Jacoby an extension. 2 years...I think I read $20M guaranteed. Actually not a bad move at all. The money isn't important. Colts I think have $133 Million in Cap Space next year. This gives the kid and team a vote of confidence....while also having a vet like Hoyer there to help him. I think Ballard made the best of a tough situation. 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Colts give Jacoby an extension. 2 years...I think I read $20M guaranteed. Actually not a bad move at all. The money isn't important. Colts I think have $133 Million in Cap Space next year. This gives the kid and team a vote of confidence....while also having a vet like Hoyer there to help him. I think Ballard made the best of a tough situation. 

I just seen that.  Good move.  Jacoby's team now, let's get down to business.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

I just seen that.  Good move.  Jacoby's team now, let's get down to business.

I'm pretty frugal guy by nature so I like this a lot. Josh Rosen was a 1st round guy who after a year in Arizona and now as a backup in Miami will have earned at least $10-$15 more. JB has the benefit of being mentored as a kid by Parcells....in Patriots locker room and now the Colts with Luck. To me...again each situation is different but this is as good as you could draw up. If he hits...you have him locked up. If not the Colts can target 2021 free agents and beyond.

Archived