2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I know where I stand but what does HSN think?

If Colts go 10-6 make playoffs lose first round and in the off season Luck says he's physically and mentally ready to re join team. Do you want him back?

Yes. Obviously things would have to happen behind the scenes with players, ownership, mgt,etc....but if all on same page I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Cut/paste these numbers from Field Yates this morning. I think the only person I would pay this type of $ for on this list is Von Miller. Colts potentially got a steal in JB....money wise. Up to him and team for the on the field stuff now.

Largest base salaries in the NFL this season: 1. Kirk Cousins: $27.5M T-2. Marcus Mariota: $20.922M T-2. Jameis Winston: $20.922M 4. Derek Carr: $19.9M 5. Joe Flacco: $18.5M 6. Jimmy Garoppolo: $17.2M T-7. Melvin Ingram: $17M T-7. Von Miller: $17M

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

If Colts go 10-6 make playoffs lose first round and in the off season Luck says he's physically and mentally ready to re join team. Do you want him back?

I'll cross that bridge when I come to it...

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Depends on if Peyton said the same thing. 

1 hour ago, ATX_sig said:

What  do you all think of Deon Cain? 

Think He and Parris Campbell are our future starting receivers after TY calls it quits

Colts will have approx. $116 mil in cap space entering free agency for 2020 after extending Brissett and signing Brian Hoyer.  Colts are setup to have lots of cap space in the near future.  If Jacoby works out, then we have him on a steal for next season.  If he doesn't, then we cross that bridge next offseason. 

My guess is Colts go 10-6, win AFC south and win their first game in the playoffs

4 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Think He and Parris Campbell are our future starting receivers after TY calls it quits

Colts will have approx. $116 mil in cap space entering free agency for 2020 after extending Brissett and signing Brian Hoyer.  Colts are setup to have lots of cap space in the near future.  If Jacoby works out, then we have him on a steal for next season.  If he doesn't, then we cross that bridge next offseason. 

My guess is Colts go 10-6, win AFC south and win their first game in the playoffs

That's the thing. Not much downside to this JB deal. Colts will probably shift most of the money owed him to this year cap number anyway...will have more next. Right now JB is I think 20th highest paid qb in league. We got him for next to nothing.

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's the thing. Not much downside to this JB deal. Colts will probably shift most of the money owed him to this year cap number anyway...will have more next. Right now JB is I think 20th highest paid qb in league. We got him for next to nothing.

I just have a feeling that JB is gonna shine.

18 minutes ago, rico said:

I just have a feeling that JB is gonna shine.

Plenty of people feel the same way. Parcells did early. Belichick got him for a reason. Probably didn't want to trade him but knew his value....and Ballard didn't move him all of last year when he could have. Those 3 football minds are pretty good in my book. Time will tell and nothing is a certainty but like the odds.

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Plenty of people feel the same way. Parcells did early. Belichick got him for a reason. Probably didn't want to trade him but knew his value....and Ballard didn't move him all of last year when he could have. Those 3 football minds are pretty good in my book. Time will tell and nothing is a certainty but like the odds.

Fill me in on the Parcells connection.

16 minutes ago, rico said:

Fill me in on the Parcells connection.

These are a couple of links you can find on Google...but here's a sample. Started years ago when Parcells thought the kid had the it factor. Parcells started helping him as early as sophomore in high school. Pretty cool if you ask me. JB's been waiting for this moment his entire life. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bill-parcells-is-gushing-over-patriots-rookie-qb-jacoby-brissett/

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/article/20110205/SPORTS/812038714

On 9/3/2019 at 6:53 AM, Billingsley99 said:

Under the current circumstances of uncertainty over how the Colts team will respond on the field  , despite how I feel about the timing of Luck's retirement announcement, I feel it would be foolish to NOT want a player of his caliber at QB. 

Now, if JB steps in behind this well built Offensive line and has a breakout profound enough to warrant keeping him there permanently, as starter, then I would want nothing to change. If it isn't broken,  don't try to fix it .

Just a general thought. Probably won't happen because the NFL owners are different than NBA but why even have contracts if the threat of holding out makes you cave. Not a Cowboys fan at all and will enjoy seeing them and their salary cap have fun after Zeke deal. Given the news of Goff terms this morning (average of $27M per year guaranteed)....you potentially have Dak seeking close to those numbers. Amari will want his too after what Michael Thomas received.

You could have upwards of $55 Million in 3 players ($25M Dak, $15 M each for Zeke and Cooper). Just no way to win with that much $ tied up in 3 guys. Maybe I'm wrong. Patriots don't things this way so I tend to follow their lead.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a general thought. Probably won't happen because the NFL owners are different than NBA but why even have contracts if the threat of holding out makes you cave. Not a Cowboys fan at all and will enjoy seeing them and their salary cap have fun after Zeke deal. Given the news of Goff terms this morning (average of $27M per year guaranteed)....you potentially have Dak seeking close to those numbers. Amari will want his too after what Michael Thomas received.

You could have upwards of $55 Million in 3 players ($25M Dak, $15 M each for Zeke and Cooper). Just no way to win with that much $ tied up in 3 guys. Maybe I'm wrong. Patriots don't things this way so I tend to follow their lead.

I think your right.  And I also agree with ya on the Pats.  

32 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

💯 years. 

Oldest rivalry.

Da Bears or Packers?

Or could you care less, like me?

Bear down, Chicago Bears
Make every play clear the way to victory!
Bear down, Chicago Bears
Put up a fight with a might so fearlessly
We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation
With your 'T' formation
Bear down, Chicago Bears
And let 'em know why you're wearing the crown
You're the pride and joy of Illinois
Chicago Bears, bear down!

Archived