2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

14 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

My biggest worry for our remaining schedule(@ Jags, @ Texans, home Dallas, home Giants, @ Titans) would be @ Texans and home against Dallas.  Dallas has been playing good as of late, especially once they got Amari Cooper and their fans travel very well.  Opposing defenses now have to respect the pass(due to Amari), which allows Elliott to run wild on non stacked boxes.  I think the Colts go 4-1 in their next five with a lose to Houston and gets a wild card birth. 

I hope you are right on the 4-1.  I would be ecstatic with a 10-6 record.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, rico said:

I hope you are right on the 4-1.  I would be ecstatic with a 10-6 record.

I would be too, Id be happy with 9-7 as well(we probably miss the playoffs if we lose two of the next 5) but the team is going in the right direction.  With Luck, Hilton, Doyle, Ebron, current o-line(Castanzo/Nelso/Kelly/Glowinski/Smith) and our three running backs, add some O-line depth, add another receiver that defenses have to respect(not like Ryan Grant) during the offseason, then our offense will be ever harder to stop next season(top 5???).  On defense, with our young guys in Quincy, Hooker, Leonard, Anthony Walker, Tyquan Lewis, Kemoko Turray, all these guys are young and developing for the better.  Add in some corner back/d-line help this offseason and watch out. 

If we miss the playoffs for this season, our run of constantly making the playoffs begins next season. 

11 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

I would be too, Id be happy with 9-7 as well(we probably miss the playoffs if we lose two of the next 5) but the team is going in the right direction.  With Luck, Hilton, Doyle, Ebron, current o-line(Castanzo/Nelso/Kelly/Glowinski/Smith) and our three running backs, add some O-line depth, add another receiver that defenses have to respect(not like Ryan Grant) during the offseason, then our offense will be ever harder to stop next season(top 5???).  On defense, with our young guys in Quincy, Hooker, Leonard, Anthony Walker, Tyquan Lewis, Kemoko Turray, all these guys are young and developing for the better.  Add in some corner back/d-line help this offseason and watch out. 

If we miss the playoffs for this season, our run of constantly making the playoffs begins next season. 

I am with Seeking6, after looking at other teams schedule I think 9-7 gets us in....barring some crazy stuff from other teams.

6-5 and in the thick of the playoff chase. Nationally most can't even name 3 other players (after Luck) on the Colts roster who contribute. Most usually say TY, that guard that yelled, Ebron....and draw a blank.

Just imagine what happens when Luck actually gets a few key off season additions.

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

6-5 and in the thick of the playoff chase. Nationally most can't even name 3 other players (after Luck) on the Colts roster who contribute. Most usually say TY, that guard that yelled, Ebron....and draw a blank.

Just imagine what happens when Luck actually gets a few key off season additions.

Oh dear, you forgot about Leonard.

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Oh dear, you forgot about Leonard.

Actually I didn't. Leonard (even though he leads the league in tackles) still isn't a know guy nationally to anyone with the exception of Trey Wingo....which is why I referenced nationally in my post.

PS....I've been on Leonard since before the draft. I wanted my Bears to get him. No shock Ballard did. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Last time Saints had a 10+ game win streak it was ended by Cowboys too. Pretty shocking actually. Not that Cowboys won (anyone can win in NFL) but holding Saints to 10 points is pretty impressive.

When was the last time a team held Brees to 127 passing yards?  That speaks for itself.

5 minutes ago, rico said:

When was the last time a team held Brees to 127 passing yards?  That speaks for itself.

I can't imagine ever honestly. I'm sure it's happened but no clue. In one of my fantasy league's we start playoffs in week 13. My opponent started Kamara, Thomas, and Brees and obviously was sweating before the game started. Now? Smooth sailing. Haha...

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I can't imagine ever honestly. I'm sure it's happened but no clue. In one of my fantasy league's we start playoffs in week 13. My opponent started Kamara, Thomas, and Brees and obviously was sweating before the game started. Now? Smooth sailing. Haha...

Well, Kamara did have 89 all purpose yards!!!!!  LOL

Archived