2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought this was funny in light of recent discussions about CAM:

my 13 year old son is a huge Seahawks fan and also bleeds IU basketball. At halftime, the Packers are up on Seattle 21-3 and here is the convo:

son: geez I’m sick of this! Seattle sucks and we need to get rid of Russell Wilson!

me: umm I wouldn’t go that far 

son: well at least we need to put in the backup QB 

🤣🤣😂🤣😂🤣

18 minutes ago, hoosiermd said:

Thought this was funny in light of recent discussions about CAM:

my 13 year old son is a huge Seahawks fan and also bleeds IU basketball. At halftime, the Packers are up on Seattle 21-3 and here is the convo:

son: geez I’m sick of this! Seattle sucks and we need to get rid of Russell Wilson!

me: umm I wouldn’t go that far 

son: well at least we need to put in the backup QB 

🤣🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Tell him to stick around 15 minutes or so. The Packers will give up the lead.

Watching the Chiefs steamroll back vs Texans got me thinking of the 2 largest comebacks in playoffs.

Colts in 2013 when they were down 28 to Chiefs in 3rd quarter was the first. It happened so quickly and basically made Luck a superstar in his 2nd year....and I ended up being trapped kind of downtown Indy because of huge snowstorm that hit the city that night.

The 2nd though was Oilers/Bills. I remember that one more because of where I was. Just finished a beer at the bar at Copper Mountain (skiing trip) when Oilers went up 35-3. Myself and friends like the rest of the world said game over. So we went and hit the slopes. Needless to say when we returned for another pop and saw the final I thought to myself wow.....just missed the greatest comeback of all time. 

Time will only tell which direction the Texans go from here. I didn't have as much of a problem with his fake punt (because no one was expecting it) compared to his calling a TO and kicking FG to make it 24-0. That call seemed to take the steam out of Texans. 

Hopefully the 49ers and Chiefs win next weekend which means you can book Titans/Packers for South Beach. 

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hopefully the 49ers and Chiefs win next weekend which means you can book Titans/Packers for South Beach.

Lol...They ought to bring back The Playoff Bowl...

Back in the 60s, the two division runners up would meet in a game before the the NFL Championship game...

The Packers had to play in it twice (63, 64) and Lombardi hated it...called it "a rinky dink game, in a rinky dink town, played by 2 rinky dink teams."

And it was played at Miami's Orange Bowl...

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Lol...They ought to bring back The Playoff Bowl...

Back in the 60s, the two division runners up would meet in a game before the the NFL Championship game...

The Packers had to play in it twice (63, 64) and Lombardi hated it...called it "a rinky dink game, in a rinky dink town, played by 2 rinky dink teams."

And it was played at Miami's Orange Bowl...

Good stuff. Never knew that. Can't imagine playing for 3rd in this day and age because of injury but during those days I bet the guys liked an extra game check. If they got one that is.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Reports are that ESPN has made a historic offer to get Tony Romo away from CBS.

Saw that. I really hope he stays with Nantz. They really, really work well together. No doubt Tony has found another calling but in this instance I hope he doesn't choose ESPN. Most of the time it feels like those MNF games stink anyway. With CBS you get to choose the best game every weekend.

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Good stuff. Never knew that. Can't imagine playing for 3rd in this day and age because of injury but during those days I bet the guys liked an extra game check. If they got one that is.

They did get a game check for it, I think...at least that's what I remember reading in Jerry Kramer's "Instant Replay." Great book if you ever get the chance. Also, that was a time when most, if not all, players had off-season jobs, so a game check came in handy.

8 minutes ago, rico said:

Reports are that ESPN has made a historic offer to get Tony Romo away from CBS

Saw that...10 million per? Crazy money...

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am even more convinced that Burrow can make all the throws. I hope Cincy does not ruin him.

I agree he has the arm talent but like someone said it has only been for a year.  Also he was never under center and in the NFL he will have to learn how to do that.  Also in college the QB's never have to audible any plays since that comes from the sidelines so he will have to be able to look over defenses at the line.

26 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I agree he has the arm talent but like someone said it has only been for a year.  Also he was never under center and in the NFL he will have to learn how to do that.  Also in college the QB's never have to audible any plays since that comes from the sidelines so he will have to be able to look over defenses at the line.

What have you seen from him that makes you think he cant?

23 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

What have you seen from him that makes you think he cant?

Didn't say he couldn't and this is for any QB coming out because most colleges only go out of the shotgun now and not under center.  All I said is that he will need to learn all of these things to become a good NFL QB.

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Didn't say he couldn't and this is for any QB coming out because most colleges only go out of the shotgun now and not under center.  All I said is that he will need to learn all of these things to become a good NFL QB.

From everything I have seen he has all the tools to be a star. 

Archived