2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I agree and if he is Blake Bortles then Ballard will be looking for a new gig

For the Colts I would like to see their first two picks be a DT and a WR and then with their 2nd pick in the second round then pick a QB.  I would actually like to see us sign a QB in free agency over drafting one in this draft.

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

For the Colts I would like to see their first two picks be a DT and a WR and then with their 2nd pick in the second round then pick a QB.  I would actually like to see us sign a QB in free agency over drafting one in this draft.

I want a play making WR at 13 and a FA QB, draft our future QB. In 3rd if anyone there we like

Here's thing in my little opinion. Ballard is as good as it gets. If I'm a Colts fan....I sit back and trust my GM. He's earned that at this point with his couple years on the job. He's cleaned up a mess of an organization in short order and has the Colts positioned to be in the position for years to come. Just needs to figure out QB and another WR. Otherwise.....not much to complain about.

20 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I will be furious if we pick him at 13 because you don't stretch that much in the 1st round.  I wouldn't mind with one of the second rounds picks but not 13.  IN PFF he was ranked the 65th prospect in the draft which equals a late 2nd or early 3rd round pick.

he may be ranked as the 65th prospect, but when a QB run happens, you better grab who you want or your fishing for leftovers 98% of the time.

57 minutes ago, rico said:

What kind of cap money do the Bears have?

Not much but don't quote me on this because I'm seeing conflicting numbers. I think we have near $15M after Long retired...where a team like the Colts have $90M and many more draft picks to play with.

Bears cap space gets better next year and takes huge leap after that. Pace spent the money for what he thought the window was open for Super Bowl run last year and this upcoming year. 

54 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

he may be ranked as the 65th prospect, but when a QB run happens, you better grab who you want or your fishing for leftovers 98% of the time.

I am not going to reach for a QB at 13 that is graded as a 3rd round pick.  There are guys all over the place that teams pick higher than they should and it came back to bite them in the A$$

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not much but don't quote me on this because I'm seeing conflicting numbers. I think we have near $15M after Long retired...where a team like the Colts have $90M and many more draft picks to play with.

Bears cap space gets better next year and takes huge leap after that. Pace spent the money for what he thought the window was open for Super Bowl run last year and this upcoming year. 

They are probably going to release Prince Amukamara and receiver Taylor Gabriel also to get further under cap...but things will still be fairly tight this year like you stated.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Was listening to Joe Burrow on Dan Patrick. Paraphrasing here but he said you want go #1 but you also want to go to a team and organization committed to winning super bowls/championships. 

I'm not saying shots fired but well.....your call Bengals.

It would not surprise me at all to see Cincy select him #1 and then Burrow not sign.  Life of a Bengal fan...

Archived