2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll add this from the outside. I think it's nothing short of awesome to be ticked at possibly missing the playoffs after the start. This roster is a 3-4 win team. It just is. One play maker who is somewhat limited in TY. With that said. Another year of Ballard drafting and spend the enormous amount of $127M of Cap Space the Colts have and I see a 11-13 win team next year. 

We can debate coaching moves, players miscues....I mean if JD doesn't fumble vs the Bengals that's a win. We've gone back and forth on 4th down stuff enough. Some of us will agree to disagree. But looking towards these final 4 games with the chance to get in playoffs to me is pretty darn good job. 

I think Reich has done a really good job, but you're also really underestimating this current roster if you think it's a 3-4 win team. This team has a top 5 offensive line, a talented group of running backs and arguably the best group of TEs in the league. The only real weakness from a personnel standpoint on offense if WR where they only have one playmaker as you mentioned. I'll put the Colts offensive talent, sans WR, against any team in the league and not think twice. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

I think Reich has done a really good job, but you're also really underestimating this current roster if you think it's a 3-4 win team. This team has a top 5 offensive line, a talented group of running backs and arguably the best group of TEs in the league. The only real weakness from a personnel standpoint on offense if WR where they only have one playmaker as you mentioned. I'll put the Colts offensive talent, sans WR, against any team in the league and not think twice. 

Just a difference of opinion. This staff has developed this offensive line  into what they are, the staff utilizes and exploits the tight end matchups better than anyone in football and the running backs while good....aren't going to be the long term guys. Just my opinion. When the Colts were 1-5 I remember discussions on here about what draft strategy to use in terms of top 5 pick because it was all but guaranteed.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a difference of opinion. This staff has developed this offensive line  into what they are, the staff utilizes and exploits the tight end matchups better than anyone in football and the running backs while good....aren't going to be the long term guys. Just my opinion. When the Colts were 1-5 I remember discussions on here about what draft strategy to use in terms of top 5 pick because it was all but guaranteed.

We have three first round draft picks and a high second on the line. Hard to say the staff developed them as much as Ballard prioritized it. 

And I think our backs are our long term backs. We've spent three picks in two years on these guys, it wasn't so we can have other guys moving forward. 

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll add this from the outside. I think it's nothing short of awesome to be ticked at possibly missing the playoffs after the start. This roster is a 3-4 win team. It just is. One play maker who is somewhat limited in TY. With that said. Another year of Ballard drafting and spend the enormous amount of $127M of Cap Space the Colts have and I see a 11-13 win team next year. 

We can debate coaching moves, players miscues....I mean if JD doesn't fumble vs the Bengals that's a win. We've gone back and forth on 4th down stuff enough. Some of us will agree to disagree. But looking towards these final 4 games with the chance to get in playoffs to me is pretty darn good job. 

Be very careful what you say because the Andrew Luck police will bust your chops if you think they are anything other than Super  bowl contenders 

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Be very careful what you say because the Andrew Luck police will bust your chops if you think they are anything other than Super  bowl contenders 

It's funny. I'm a Bears fan and I think I'm the most positive Colts poster on here. Given that Grigson set the franchise back for 5 years....what Ballard and Reich have accomplished in short order with a roster this young and still requiring some serious talent is really impressive. 

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It's funny. I'm a Bears fan and I think I'm the most positive Colts poster on here. Given that Grigson set the franchise back for 5 years....what Ballard and Reich have accomplished in short order with a roster this young and still requiring some serious talent is really impressive. 

I just call them the way I see them.  And you did forget one very important thing.  Andrew Luck is back.  

42 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I did not have high expectations this year. I thought the roster was bad at best. 8-8 would have been a good year IMO

I predicted the team without luck was worth 3 wins this season, add luck in with a 3-13 type roster and he will get you close to 6 wins by himself.  I pegged the Colts going at best 9-7 and at worse 8-8 so I am still on track.  With $127 million for next offseason, I am looking for Ballard to take care of some of the current guys that will be free agents this offseason more so for depth and competition(because this brings out the best in everyone), but bring in 3 to 4 FA signings(not currently on Colts roster) similar to the Eric Ebron signing this past offseason.  In the draft we will pick middle of the 1st rd, have a top 5 pick in the 2nd round(thank you Jets) and a middle 2nd round pick.  So 3 picks in the top 50.  Next year they can easily go 11-5 and will compete for the AFC South with the Texans and will make the playoffs 

17 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

I predicted the team without luck was worth 3 wins this season, add luck in with a 3-13 type roster and he will get you close to 6 wins by himself.  I pegged the Colts going at best 9-7 and at worse 8-8 so I am still on track.  With $127 million for next offseason, I am looking for Ballard to take care of some of the current guys that will be free agents this offseason more so for depth and competition(because this brings out the best in everyone), but bring in 3 to 4 FA signings(not currently on Colts roster) similar to the Eric Ebron signing this past offseason.  In the draft we will pick middle of the 1st rd, have a top 5 pick in the 2nd round(thank you Jets) and a middle 2nd round pick.  So 3 picks in the top 50.  Next year they can easily go 11-5 and will compete for the AFC South with the Texans and will make the playoffs 

Lots of good points. Ballard has done some very good things I hope we make a big splash in the free agent market 

I have enough vices so I don't need more but I do look at the spreads each week. Kind of weird that Houston is only a 4 point favorite vs Colts at home after winning 9 in a row? Home field is usually worth 3. Maybe Vegas sees something in this one for the Colts?

I dunno, but Houston has won a bunch of very close games.

I have enough vices so I don't need more but I do look at the spreads each week. Kind of weird that Houston is only a 4 point favorite vs Colts at home after winning 9 in a row? Home field is usually worth 3. Maybe Vegas sees something in this one for the Colts?

Caught my eye as well. Even more so in the fact that the line has not moved since it was originally posted. I expected a lot of action to go on the Texans and the line to move accordingly, but that hasn't happened.

On 12/7/2018 at 12:51 PM, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Caught my eye as well. Even more so in the fact that the line has not moved since it was originally posted. I expected a lot of action to go on the Texans and the line to move accordingly, but that hasn't happened.

Keeps moving in Colts favor. Down to 3.5 this morning. 

Colts defense has really improved. Luck was really good the last 3 quarters, and Houston couldn’t cover Hilton. However, the defense really played well. Should never have been as close as it was. Hooker got called on a hit to a defenseless receiver that was totally bogus. We happened to intercept the pass on that play but it didn’t matter. Horrible call and Texans went on to score a touchdown that never should have been 

19 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I’ll run em tomorrow at work...one thing to keep an eye on now is the Steelers. That actually may be an easier road to the playoffs than the Ravens with Pitts remaining schedule. 

Yeah, I looked at that.  Pittsburgh is in trouble.

Archived