2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, rico said:

Yeah, that is strange.  The Colts play-off hopes took a major hit.  The Bears did not.  

Bears should be embarrassed. End of the first half time let Giants run one more play and get 3. After that....our defense was just outplayed.  Giants are horrible and moved the ball with ease all 2nd half. Doesn't get any easier. Hosting Rams next Sunday night. We had a perfect opportunity to move lead to 2.5 games over Vikings and make our week 17 matchup vs them not important. Now we've invited trouble back into the equation.

Can't comment on Colts because I watched Bears. Sounds like plenty of blame to go around on players and staff. Getting shutout in this day and age is impossible.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Bears should be embarrassed. End of the first half time let Giants run one more play and get 3. After that....our defense was just outplayed.  Giants are horrible and moved the ball with ease all 2nd half. Doesn't get any easier. Hosting Rams next Sunday night. We had a perfect opportunity to move lead to 2.5 games over Vikings and make our week 17 matchup vs them not important. Now we've invited trouble back into the equation.

Can't comment on Colts because I watched Bears. Sounds like plenty of blame to go around on players and staff. Getting shutout in this day and age is impossible.

Well, I was just the opposite.  I watched the Colts.  Pitiful.  

I firmly believe coaching lost us yesterdays game.  We should have stayed with the field goal early in the game and that possibly changes the remaining game script.  If we had a second playmaker outside of Hilton(using Bell as an example because he is a playmaker), I think the outcome is different for the game.  I firmly believe Ballard gets that 2nd playmaker during free agency next offseason(WR).  When Hilton wasn't able to get the ball, they went to Ebron.  He's a playmaker but he's not a WR.  A 2nd playmaker WR, makes the defense respect more than Hilton

Who owns the tiebreaker out of the Ravens and Colts as of yesterdays games?  IMO it comes down to the Colts and Ravens for the final wild card spot and maybe Denver.  So who owns tiebreaker out of all 3 of these teams?  I think we lose against Texans, however I think we win out for our three remaining games

40 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

I firmly believe coaching lost us yesterdays game.  We should have stayed with the field goal early in the game and that possibly changes the remaining game script.  If we had a second playmaker outside of Hilton(using Bell as an example because he is a playmaker), I think the outcome is different for the game.  I firmly believe Ballard gets that 2nd playmaker during free agency next offseason(WR).  When Hilton wasn't able to get the ball, they went to Ebron.  He's a playmaker but he's not a WR.  A 2nd playmaker WR, makes the defense respect more than Hilton

Who owns the tiebreaker out of the Ravens and Colts as of yesterdays games?  IMO it comes down to the Colts and Ravens for the final wild card spot and maybe Denver.  So who owns tiebreaker out of all 3 of these teams?  I think we lose against Texans, however I think we win out for our three remaining games

Ravens have the tiebreaker with a better conference record. But they still have to go to the Chiefs and Chargers this year. If the colts managed to run the table, we’d likely get the sixth seed. But we have to play the Texans and cowboys who are both surging so that is highly unlikely. 

15 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Ravens have the tiebreaker with a better conference record. But they still have to go to the Chiefs and Chargers this year. If the colts managed to run the table, we’d likely get the sixth seed. But we have to play the Texans and cowboys who are both surging so that is highly unlikely. 

Thanks for the info, I think we can beat Dallas(since we are at home).  The Texans probably not(I think we go 3-1 down the stretch).  We would need the Ravens to lose both of those games against KC and Chargers and us to win against Dallas/Giants/Titans to get that 6th seed I think. 

2 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Thanks for the info, I think we can beat Dallas(since we are at home).  The Texans probably not(I think we go 3-1 down the stretch).  We would need the Ravens to lose both of those games against KC and Chargers and us to win against Dallas/Giants/Titans to get that 6th seed I think. 

I just went through the playoff scenario generator...don't see any way we tie Baltimore and make the playoffs. We will have to run the table and hope the Ravens go 2-2, or if we go 3-1 we have to hope the Ravens blow it against Tampa or Cleveland and finish 1-3. And even then, we likely lose the tiebreaker to Denver, as well.

The chances are very, very slim. Reich blew the season.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

2 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I just went through the playoff scenario generator...don't see any way we tie Baltimore and make the playoffs. We will have to run the table and hope the Ravens go 2-2, or if we go 3-1 we have to hope the Ravens blow it against Tampa or Cleveland and finish 1-3. And even then, we likely lose the tiebreaker to Denver, as well.

The chances are very, very slim. Reich blew the season.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

well crap, thanks! 

10 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Talked to a friend that also did not watch. I saw score and was disgusted.  He said would u rather lose 6-0   or 48-42. Either way 1 side of the ball did nothing.  I would rather score 42 I guess. 

What about losing 6-0, but having the ball in field goal range 4 times and attempting no field goals?

3 fourth down attempts, three misses, and a dumb play to end the game. 

11 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

What about losing 6-0, but having the ball in field goal range 4 times and attempting no field goals?

3 fourth down attempts, three misses, and a dumb play to end the game. 

In my mind Reich has cost us 3 losses.  Nothing anybody says will change my opinion on that.

11 hours ago, rico said:

In my mind Reich has cost us 3 losses.  Nothing anybody says will change my opinion on that.

I think it would be hard to argue with that. 

I love Reich, love the future of this team, but it is also pretty disappointing that we could be competing for a first round bye if we made better decisions and now we have a tough road ahead to make the playoffs. 

I think Reich will reflect on this season in February/March and realize that we've got to be better at picking our spots to be aggressive. 

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I think it would be hard to argue with that. 

I love Reich, love the future of this team, but it is also pretty disappointing that we could be competing for a first round bye if we made better decisions and now we have a tough road ahead to make the playoffs. 

I think Reich will reflect on this season in February/March and realize that we've got to be better at picking our spots to be aggressive. 

The record says 6-6.....We should be 8-3-1.  

I'll add this from the outside. I think it's nothing short of awesome to be ticked at possibly missing the playoffs after the start. This roster is a 3-4 win team. It just is. One play maker who is somewhat limited in TY. With that said. Another year of Ballard drafting and spend the enormous amount of $127M of Cap Space the Colts have and I see a 11-13 win team next year. 

We can debate coaching moves, players miscues....I mean if JD doesn't fumble vs the Bengals that's a win. We've gone back and forth on 4th down stuff enough. Some of us will agree to disagree. But looking towards these final 4 games with the chance to get in playoffs to me is pretty darn good job. 

Archived