2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

4 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

True but going for a field goal with a great kicker(before his groin was bothering him) that typically hits them on a consistent basis was a good call.  In any NFL game, a missed field goal with good field position for the opposing team is going to get them motivated.  But I would think making a big stop on 4th down by Cincy and not giving the Colts an opportunity to kick the field goal or go for a TD in the third makes them more fired up as a entire unit then a missed field goal(unless they block the field goal attempt). 

It was a bad decision.  And I remember it well.  But I will cut Frank some slack on it.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting from last night's game Packers/Seahawks game.... McCarthy played by the book/numbers and didn't go for the 4th down and 2 and punted the ball. Seattle was able to melt game away and Rodgers never got a chance to salvage/savetheir season. Probably a job losing move there by Mike by not going for it.

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Interesting from last night's game Packers/Seahawks game.... McCarthy played by the book/numbers and didn't go for the 4th down and 2 and punted the ball. Seattle was able to melt game away and Rodgers never got a chance to salvage/savetheir season. Probably a job losing move there by Mike by not going for it.

Mike screwed up....by not challenging the last 'Hawk TD.  

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I think they did. McCarthy is getting roasted on so many levels this morning I have a hard time figuring out which one he screwed up the most. Time for him to go. Rodgers has been wasted for several years by him.

Yes they did.......

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/11/16/18098089/mike-mccarthy-packers-coach-aaron-rodgers-seahawks-mistakes-challenge

16 hours ago, rico said:

The one today was over early.  Well rounded play.

Great one for the Colts. Game was over in 30 minutes. Team is playing very well. Contributions from tons of areas....including all 5 of Colts 2nd round picks in 2017/18 as Irsay just tweeted out. Core is established and if I were a diehard I'd be thanking one person for the Colts success over the coming years. Josh McDaniels. 

Frank Reich is the real deal. 

19 minutes ago, rico said:

Well the Bears look like a contender.

Gonna tick some guys off especially those that recall what I said a long time ago about how bad the product the Colts put on the field last year. Remember what Bears coach said Chicago was a much better job than Indy.maybe he was right. I did not think so at the time 

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Gonna tick some guys off especially those that recall what I said a long time ago about how bad the product the Colts put on the field last year. Remember what Bears coach said Chicago was a much better job than Indy.maybe he was right. I did not think so at the time 

You will have refresh my memory as to your post.

29 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I'm a Bears fan but I also cheer strong for the Colts and honestly the city of Indianapolis. Nagy never said those words specifically. I think the media took it and ran with it.  As I said...Bears fan first. I would work for Irsay over Bears ownership each and every day of the week. With that said....Nagy has done a phenomenal job and so has Reich. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if we see Bears vs Colts in the Super Bowl sometime in the next few years after Brees/Brady/Ben retire. Both franchises and cities should be proud they finally got it right after several misses for the Bears and 1 miss for the Colts (Grigson). Good times ahead for both!

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm a Bears fan but I also cheer strong for the Colts and honestly the city of Indianapolis. Nagy never said those words specifically. I think the media took it and ran with it.  As I said...Bears fan first. I would work for Irsay over Bears ownership each and every day of the week. With that said....Nagy has done a phenomenal job and so has Reich. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if we see Bears vs Colts in the Super Bowl sometime in the next few years after Brees/Brady/Ben retire. Both franchises and cities should be proud they finally got it right after several misses for the Bears and 1 miss for the Colts (Grigson). Good times ahead for both!

Very well might see the Bears in the Super Bowl this year.

2 hours ago, rico said:

You will have refresh my memory as to your post.

Last year I said I was not shocked the Colts were ranked 29th or something I said should be 31st. It just got thrown in my face. Even though we had Tilzien at QB and Pagano as coach. I stand by it at the time we were terrible and the product was poor at best

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Both made exceptional hires. Could not for the life of me recall what Nagys name was.  The NFC is loaded

35 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Last year I said I was not shocked the Colts were ranked 29th or something I said should be 31st. It just got thrown in my face. Even though we had Tilzien at QB and Pagano as coach. I stand by it at the time we were terrible and the product was poor at best

Same guy that said Michigan football wasn’t good this year. Don’t worry about stones in glass houses. 

Archived