2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

The wife isn’t a Steelers fan, she might not agree, but if I was the Steelers I’d trade him. I’m not a fan of a running back being one of your highest paid guys and I think now is the perfect time to turn a guy like that into future assets. 

I agree with that.  But is anybody going to give him the money he wants?

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

When playing Bell is the most explosive back in the game. That has to be worth something but I wouldn't be giving up anything more than 4th or 5th round pick at best for him. Colts, Jets, 49ers, Texans....shoot at this point it wouldn't surprise me if the Patriots made a call. 

Paleeze.........I sure as hell don't want the Pats to get him!!!!!  LOL but they do have a history of making such acquisitions.

17 minutes ago, rico said:

Paleeze.........I sure as hell don't want the Pats to get him!!!!!  LOL but they do have a history of making such acquisitions.

Patriots as usual have stockpiled draft picks. Besides 1st and 2nd...3 have 3rd rounders. In addition to 4,5,6 they also have 3-4 7th rounders. Not sure if they would be interested but based on picks alone...they could offer the most...but I doubt Steelers would trade him there even if it was the best offer.

3 hours ago, rico said:

Depends on how the transaction would go down. The Pats don't get/pay guys at their peak, especially at a position like running back. They get veteran guys at their lowest value (Josh Gordon, Junior Seau, Rodney Harrison, Corey Dillion, Revis), not highest. It would be Patriots-like to trade a low-round pick for Bell, sign him to the 1-year franchise tag for this season, and then let him walk after the season, but there's no way the Pats would trade for him if resigning him long-term is part of the deal/demand from Bell's side. 

18 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Can the Colts get Chuck Pagano back??? The HC gave the Texans this game with a bad 4th and 4 that failed and gave the ball back to Houston in good field position. They kick the game winning FG as time expired and ended their 9 game losing streak.......

I loved the decision to go for it, I just didn't like the play call.

I don't mind Reich going for that one bit. Playing for ties isn't a culture you want to build.

Colts in the middle of a overhaul thanks to Grigson. This year was a wash anyway. Tons of cap space available next year. Colts need to continue to draft smart and spend a little extra next free agency period. Right now minus TY Hilton...they have zero playmakers which in the NFL means you will lose more than you win. I still see a very bright future.

I understand building culture and not wanting to tie, but it was a bad decision. 4th and 4 is a coin flip of if you get it and even if we get it we have a lot of work to do to win the game. 

Everyone that has said going for it was the right call, what's the line? 4th and 8 on the same spot? What if it was 4th and 15? Sometimes you have to look at the math and realize you are playing a 16 game season where a tie has a lot more value than a loss. 

11 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I understand building culture and not wanting to tie, but it was a bad decision. 4th and 4 is a coin flip of if you get it and even if we get it we have a lot of work to do to win the game. 

Everyone that has said going for it was the right call, what's the line? 4th and 8 on the same spot? What if it was 4th and 15? Sometimes you have to look at the math and realize you are playing a 16 game season where a tie has a lot more value than a loss. 

I am gonna think outside the box here.  What are the Colts?  Did they feel they could make the play-offs this year?  What is the GM's master plan?  I dunno any of those answers.  I don't have any problem with playing to win.  But a loss is better than a tie is you look at where you pick in the draft.  The Indy record sits a 1-3 right now.  IMO it should be 2-1-1 and the Colts are in the play-off hunt.

52 minutes ago, rico said:

I am gonna think outside the box here.  What are the Colts?  Did they feel they could make the play-offs this year?  What is the GM's master plan?  I dunno any of those answers.  I don't have any problem with playing to win.  But a loss is better than a tie is you look at where you pick in the draft.  The Indy record sits a 1-3 right now.  IMO it should be 2-1-1 and the Colts are in the play-off hunt.

Even if it is 1-2-1 we are still in in the playoff hunt. 

I don't have a problem with playing for the win, but only when it makes sense. We had roughly a 25% chance to win by going for it there and a 50% chance to lose. That's bad odds. 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Even if it is 1-2-1 we are still in in the playoff hunt. 

I don't have a problem with playing for the win, but only when it makes sense. We had roughly a 25% chance to win by going for it there and a 50% chance to lose. That's bad odds. 

Can't disagree with that.  Whatsoever.  The young coach made/has made some bad choices.  

5 hours ago, rico said:

Pretty close to 4-0 since they were on the game winning drive against the Bengals but Doyle fumbled inside the 20.  They were inside the 5 down 4 against the Eagles but could not score and went to OT yesterday.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Pretty close to 4-0 since they were on the game winning drive against the Bengals but Doyle fumbled inside the 20.  They were inside the 5 down 4 against the Eagles but could not score and went to OT yesterday.

The Bengal game Reich sent Adam out to kick a long FG.  He missed the attempt, it flipped the field.

On 9/30/2018 at 5:22 PM, rico said:

I loved the decision to go for it, I just didn't like the play call.

I liked the decision to go for it. My question. If they knew they were going to go for it, why first try to draw the defense offsides, then call a timeout? The timeout gave Houston a chance to rest and more importantly, get organized. Had they just gone for it right away, the way the Colts had Houston's defense on the run, I think that they would have stood a better chance at being successful.

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I liked the decision to go for it. My question. If they knew they were going to go for it, why first try to draw the defense offsides, then call a timeout? The timeout gave Houston a chance to rest and more importantly, get organized. Had they just gone for it right away, the way the Colts had Houston's defense on the run, I think that they would have stood a better chance at being successful.

I agree somewhat.  But really see nothing wrong with trying to draw the Texans offsides.  Really my biggest problem was after that send your punt unit out and reach into your bag of tricks.

1 hour ago, rico said:

I agree somewhat.  But really see nothing wrong with trying to draw the Texans offsides.  Really my biggest problem was after that send your punt unit out and reach into your bag of tricks.

Really torn on it, i love the message it sends but at the same time you have to look big picture. I still see the Colts winning 7 or 8 maybe and would hate to miss the playoffs by .5 game. I was not upset with the decision and would have been ok ik we punt. 

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Really torn on it, i love the message it sends but at the same time you have to look big picture. I still see the Colts winning 7 or 8 maybe and would hate to miss the playoffs by .5 game. I was not upset with the decision and would have been ok ik we punt. 

What is done is done.  Come the end of the season we will know how costly that decision was.  It could go either way.

Archived