2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Now you want to talk about our offensive line and the DLs and front 7s they have man handled? That's how we will defend Mahomes with our OL.. 5-6mins capped off by TDs. 

No doubt the Colts OL is elite. 

The Chiefs have the most sacks in the league. We're going to have to show up in that regard.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, KDB said:

No doubt the Colts OL is elite. 

The Chiefs have the most sacks in the league. We're going to have to show up in that regard.

But if we can run it... and run it well, that changes the dynamics of the game. We will see, your DL might be a lot like the colts a decade ago when the DL was so good in obvious passing downs because the other team was always playing catchup. Interesting stuff. 

32 minutes ago, btownqb said:

But if we can run it... and run it well, that changes the dynamics of the game. We will see, your DL might be a lot like the colts a decade ago when the DL was so good in obvious passing downs because the other team was always playing catchup. Interesting stuff. 

I think our Defensive Lineman have to get home and get some sacks. Not pressures. Sacks.

If we have to Blitz to create pressure, we are going to be hurting.

If the Chiefs jump out to an early lead like Colts did against Texans(21-0), then the Chiefs Dline will get its sacks for sure due to Luck having to throw the ball 50 times(bound to have a few mishaps throwing that many times).  If it remains close throughout the game(10 points or less) and the colts come close to passing and running the ball equally then the colts offensive line will protect Luck a lot better.  If the Colts win, it'll be because of the ground game and offensive line.  Go at your opponents weakness, 5 yards per run is what they are giving up on average per running play. 

The baseball adage "get'em on, get'em over, get'em in" applies to this football game.  The Colts need slow, methodic drives.  A balanced offense.  Keep the chains moving.  Keep KC's defense on the field.  And capitalize on red zone opportunities.  Frustrate the Chiefs.  Now TOs always play a factor.

As far as schedules go.  It is what it is.  Easy to look back in the rear view mirror and dissect it.  Throw all that stuff out the window now.  This is play off football.  

2 hours ago, KDB said:

aNo doubt the Colts OL is elite. 

Might have a good pass rush but if you can't stop the run then that pass rush won't do you any good.  We have played some of the best defenses in the league since every team in our division is has a top defense.

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

Exactly my thoughts, which goes with..

But if we make them one dimensional we can.

Big IF, if the run game is established, and the Colts have a 10 pt 2nd half lead, it just might be over.  Sustained 7-10 minute drives would be huge.  Win or lose, I believe its going to be a fun one.

6 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Colts fans trying to make the Chiefs out to be paper champions...that ain't it.

Yeah.... Except no. 

The Colts are a bad matchup for the Chiefs. The Chiefs are not a well balanced team, which means they have holes that can be exposed. It's why teams of the Chiefs profile (elite on one side of the ball, terrible on the other) rarely win the Super Bowl. Teams like the Chiefs frequently have dominant regular seasons then crap out in the playoffs. If any fanbase should be familiar, it is the Colts. We've seen dominant offenses lose to more balanced, well-rounded teams with a really good veteran QB time and time again. 

29 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Maybe I dont see thinks correctly but I feel more confident about this game than I did about Houston. I cant wait

I agree with this statement above.  The Chiefs are a really really good team, however once Hunt got let go(for good reason) they became one dimensional in my opinion.  Yes Ware and Williams can run the ball effectively, but our defense has faced much steeper competition from running backs this season(Zeke/Lamar Miller/Barkley/Fournette/Henry all of which I would rank higher than the chiefs RBS) and more than held their own.  I am expecting a very good game, hoping it snows for the game(only helps the colts and our run game)! 

29 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

I agree with this statement above.  The Chiefs are a really really good team, however once Hunt got let go(for good reason) they became one dimensional in my opinion.  Yes Ware and Williams can run the ball effectively, but our defense has faced much steeper competition from running backs this season(Zeke/Lamar Miller/Barkley/Fournette/Henry all of which I would rank higher than the chiefs RBS) and more than held their own.  I am expecting a very good game, hoping it snows for the game(only helps the colts and our run game)! 

1st playoff game for Mahomes got to get to him early make him feel the pressure both literally and figuratively 

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

And lots of different looks... move him off his spot. Jab when necessary and throw the haymaker when it's there. 

Biggest thing for Colts upfront in my opinion is to keep Mahomes in the pocket. He's most dangerous (like Andrew Luck) when moving. Their running game has taken a hit but still capable. We bottled up Hopkins so I have to believe we can use same strategy for HIll. Kelce is the wild card. He's a league wide match up nightmare. 

One thing will be interesting is how aggressive Reich is on 4th Downs while in FG range. We know Vinatieri is $ but we'll need TD's not FG's for this one. 

I still think Chiefs win.....but the Colts have been proving the doubters wrong since week 5/6. No reason to stop now. 

Edit-I didn't know they were in forecast for snow as well. Sounds like game played in snow. Changes my opinion on FG's now because points MAY be more valuable when you can get them.

40 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Biggest thing for Colts upfront in my opinion is to keep Mahomes in the pocket. He's most dangerous (like Andrew Luck) when moving. Their running game has taken a hit but still capable. We bottled up Hopkins so I have to believe we can use same strategy for HIll. Kelce is the wild card. He's a league wide match up nightmare. 

One thing will be interesting is how aggressive Reich is on 4th Downs while in FG range. We know Vinatieri is $ but we'll need TD's not FG's for this one. 

I still think Chiefs win.....but the Colts have been proving the doubters wrong since week 5/6. No reason to stop now. 

Edit-I didn't know they were in forecast for snow as well. Sounds like game played in snow. Changes my opinion on FG's now because points MAY be more valuable when you can get them.

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/winter-weather-advisory-issued-for-kansas-city-ahead-of-chiefs-playoff-game

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

No QB is as good on the move as they are, comfortable, in the pocket. When he moves outside the pocket... here comes #53. 

23 hours ago, btownqb said:

No QB is as good on the move as they are, comfortable, in the pocket. When he moves outside the pocket... here comes #53. 

It also makes it harder on the secondary when he is outside the pocket. I think the Colts will try to contain a lot in the pocket. 

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

It also makes it harder on the secondary when he is outside the pocket. I think the Colts will try to contain a lot in the pocket. 

Meh.. marginally. As a QB I'd rather be comfortable in the pocket. Get pressure. Move him off his spot and we are in good shape. 

On 1/11/2019 at 12:54 PM, btownqb said:

Rodney Harrison just said the Colts have to keep him in the pocket.....because he's so much more dangerous out of the pocket. Interesting opinion from a Hall of Famer/Super Bowl player. 

Archived