2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

Big Colts news: They resigned CB Chris Milton so I am going to go out and buy my Super Bowl tickets. LOL  I know what Ballard is doing is probably the best way of building a team but it gets frustrating when you have over 100 million to spend and the only significant addition so far is a descent WR.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Big Colts news: They resigned CB Chris Milton so I am going to go out and buy my Super Bowl tickets. LOL  I know what Ballard is doing is probably the best way of building a team but it gets frustrating when you have over 100 million to spend and the only significant addition so far is a descent WR.

Agree 100% with this statement.  I predict they add 3 or 4 free agents within the next few days in addition to the Funchess signing

30 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Colts are resigning Pierre Desir to a 3 year deal for $22.5 mil, $12 mil guaranteed.  CB position in Free Agency is covered and I like the group of Desir/Moore/Wilson growing together for another season together.  Now to focus on Pass Rusher, DL and a SS. 

He really shut down Watkins every time we played the Texans this year so this is a good signing.

8 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Would like to see the Colts spend some of their cap money to re-sign Desir. Not a big fan of the Funchess signing. Would have rather they go after Tyrell Williams. And, as much as I like Marlon Mack, would love to see Tevin Coleman come back to Indiana to play.

Tyrell just signed with Raiders for 4 years and $44M....$22M guaranteed. Shaking my head at what some teams will pay. I hope Pace (Bears) and Ballard never fall into that camp. 

Update-Tevin Coleman signs with 49ers for 2 years and $10M. Maybe he took shorter deal to prove himself again and get bigger payday in 2 seasons. The good news about a dual role is he should be relatively young still.

RB Jay Ajayi to visit Colts next week and also take a physical. This I find interesting especially with Jay playing under Frank while he was in Philly. A 1-2 punch of Mack and Ajayi both getting 15 touches per game with Nyheim playing 3rd down and catching 5 or 6 balls per game? Add in Wilkins for depth. 

I assume it’d be a friendly deal for both parties. also with the Colts determined to run the ball successfully, never hurts to have different style backs right? 

1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

RB Jay Ajayi to visit Colts next week and also take a physical. This I find interesting especially with Jay playing under Frank while he was in Philly. A 1-2 punch of Mack and Ajayi both getting 15 touches per game with Nyheim playing 3rd down and catching 5 or 6 balls per game? Add in Wilkins for depth. 

I assume it’d be a friendly deal for both parties. also with the Colts determined to run the ball successfully, never hurts to have different style backs right? 

RB's make no sense to me...I guess that is why I watch the game from my chair.

9 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Depending on cost don't mind this one bit. Need 2 sometimes 3 capable running backs on your team. Fact he's familiar with Reich is even better. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Depending on cost don't mind this one bit. Need 2 sometimes 3 capable running backs on your team. Fact he's familiar with Reich is even better. 

Agreed.  I got to thinking, IF Ajayi was to join the Colts, Nyheim Hines did line up as a WR a decent amount of the times and they either left him there or brought him in motion back to the RB position.  You COULD line up out of shot gun and motion Hines back to RB1 spot and have Ajayi or Mack lineup as the RB2.  You could run a draw with either player or flank Hines out of the back field and use Ajayi to pass protect. 

Ajayi would be the new "Robert Turbin" of the team. Short yardage back, great yards after contact guy. A little insurance as well, should one of the other backs go down.

Also, the Pierre Desir signing was outstanding. Desir was a shut down corner last season. Great Cover 2 corner. I'm surprised he didn't get more, considered he went on the open market.

On 3/14/2019 at 9:56 AM, ephul said:

Ajayi would be the new "Robert Turbin" of the team. Short yardage back, great yards after contact guy. A little insurance as well, should one of the other backs go down.

Also, the Pierre Desir signing was outstanding. Desir was a shut down corner last season. Great Cover 2 corner. I'm surprised he didn't get more, considered he went on the open market.

He's a lot better than Turbin. 

7 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

He's a lot better than Turbin. 

Agreed, but his role will essentially be the same to start the year. Coming off an ACL tear, and having Mack in the backfield, he's not going to get #1 touches to star. He's going to get short yardage carries, leave him in for a drive or two, etc.

His role will likely increase throughout the season, as the Colts enjoy using Hines as a wideout, and they haven't really trusted Wilkins a whole lot (I love the way he runs though). And Mack gets nicked up quite a bit.

I think he's the perfect signing assuming he's healthy. You get a proven guy that's capable of filling Mack's shoes should he go down. And you've still got Hines and Wilkins to rotate in.

I could see him taking a 1 year deal to prove he's healthy.

The 2nd and 3rd tier free agents are starting to evaporate.  There are some still out there that I recognize but not very many, however I hope Ballard gets ahold of a few guys here soon.  I know Ajayi is slated to visit next week, but we still need a starting OLB, SS and improved depth at either DT or DE(pass rusher).   I really do not want to enter the draft with needing to fill starting spots for SS, OLB and potentially DL.  Not saying Ballard wont hit on his picks and we somehow get 3 starters in this draft but its really hard to master the draft time and time again. 

Jay Ajayi is visiting Colts Wednesday

Clayton Geathers is visiting Dallas today.

Colts supposedly rumored to be talking around the league about trades for CB's. 

Don't be surprised if the Colts sign at least 1 guy for sure this week, my guess is 2 or 3 guys this week.  Assuming Ajayi and his physical checks out fine, I would bet money he becomes a Colt. 

17 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Jay Ajayi is visiting Colts Wednesday

Clayton Geathers is visiting Dallas today.

Colts supposedly rumored to be talking around the league about trades for CB's. 

Don't be surprised if the Colts sign at least 1 guy for sure this week, my guess is 2 or 3 guys this week.  Assuming Ajayi and his physical checks out fine, I would bet money he becomes a Colt. 

Colts have plenty of picks. Seems to me this is a better strategy and use of resources compared to overpaying on open market. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Colts have plenty of picks. Seems to me this is a better strategy and use of resources compared to overpaying on open market. 

100% agree.  With their first three picks, they honestly could go Pass Rusher, DL and SS and the DL and SS would start day one with the pass rusher MAYBE starting but you still have Lewis and Turay.  I think both pass rushers of Tyquan Lewis and Kemoko Turay(both were drafted last year and showed flashes) have been forgotten by some. 

10 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

100% agree.  With their first three picks, they honestly could go Pass Rusher, DL and SS and the DL and SS would start day one with the pass rusher MAYBE starting but you still have Lewis and Turay.  I think both pass rushers of Tyquan Lewis and Kemoko Turay(both were drafted last year and showed flashes) have been forgotten by some. 

To me I am more worried about getting interior DL more than a pass rusher.  I like Sheard, Lewis and Turay so to me there is no pressure to use the first round pick on a pass rusher.

19 hours ago, IU Scott said:

To me I am more worried about getting interior DL more than a pass rusher.  I like Sheard, Lewis and Turay so to me there is no pressure to use the first round pick on a pass rusher.

DE/OLB Aaron Lynch is visiting Colts today(seen where experts have called him a DE and others call him a OLB). Do not know a whole lot about him, was with Da Bears last season I believe. Had 3 or 4 sacks last year. This would be almost an identical situation to the Denico Autry signing if Colts sign him. Colts still have approx. $76 mill left. 

Jay Ajayi also visiting Colts today. 

Colts still having on-going discussions with Clayton Geathers even though he has visited with the Cowboys and Tampa the past two days. 

26 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

DE Aaron Lynch is visiting Colts today. Do not know a whole lot about him, was with Da Bears last season I believe. Had 3.5 or 4 sacks last year. This would be almost an identical situation to the Denico Autry signing if Colts sign him. 

Jay Ajayi also visiting Colts today

I think Lynch is the guy that transferred from Notre Dame after his freshman year.  I remember the name, Irish fans weren't very happy.

Archived