2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Hoping in the first two round with 3 picks we can get a DT, S and WR

I'm curious where Hakeem Butler (who I really like) from Iowa St. I don't think he's a first round guy but if he's there in 2nd or 3rd (doubtful) I'd snap him up. All the size, speed that you want. His route running is the only question mark but the NFL has a way of getting players to focus on that. Haha....especially if they want to play. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Hoping in the first two round with 3 picks we can get a DT, S and WR

Agree with this. I don't think there are any DE's worth taking in the first round. Would not be surprised if we take another O Lineman, more importantly, a Tackle, with our first or second pick.

38 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm curious where Hakeem Butler (who I really like) from Iowa St. I don't think he's a first round guy but if he's there in 2nd or 3rd (doubtful) I'd snap him up. All the size, speed that you want. His route running is the only question mark but the NFL has a way of getting players to focus on that. Haha....especially if they want to play. 

MY top WR is AJ Brown of Ole Miss who I would take at 34.  Also I would maybe look to trade down and get more picks.  Say if the Giants doesn't pick a QB at 6 or 17 maybe they would want to trade back into the first round if maybe Jones was still available at 26.  I would take their 2nd round which would be really high and a 3rd round and try to get a 2nd round in next years draft.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

MY top WR is AJ Brown of Ole Miss who I would take at 34.  Also I would maybe look to trade down and get more picks.  Say if the Giants doesn't pick a QB at 6 or 17 maybe they would want to trade back into the first round if maybe Jones was still available at 26.  I would take their 2nd round which would be really high and a 3rd round and try to get a 2nd round in next years draft.

Ballard did make a comment earlier in the week (probably just having fun) when speaking with reporters that he'll see you guys Thursday.....or maybe Friday. Implying they might trade out of 1st so no need for media session this evening. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Ballard did make a comment earlier in the week (probably just having fun) when speaking with reporters that he'll see you guys Thursday.....or maybe Friday. Implying they might trade out of 1st so no need for media session this evening. 

Well I just looked it up and if we could get the Giants 2nd and 3rd round this year we would have picks 34,37,59,71,90.  Ballard also said that he did not see that much of a difference in players 15-75 so the more players in that area the better.

Like the trade for the Colts.  Good depth in 2nd round and they gain an additional 2020 2nd rd pick from a Redskins team that will probably be a middle rd selection.  Had they picked at 26, I think that the player wouldn't be an immediate starter on the team, more depth and more than likely a possible starter in year 2. 

Colts picks today are #2(34), #14(46) and #27(59).   

Would love for them to address the CB or S(don't think you can afford to use two of todays three picks on defensive backs but what do I know), WR and OL  based on what is available. 

CB - Byron Murphy, Greedy Williams, Rock Ya-Sin, Justin layne, Julian Love, Trayvon Mullen

S - Taylor Rapp, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson

WR - Deebo Samual, DK Metcalf, AJ BrownHakeem Butler,

OL - Cody Ford(A Castanzo replacement down the road???), Jawaan Taylor

My preference would be a combination of the bolded guys for the 3 picks in round 2 today. 

31 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Like the trade for the Colts.  Good depth in 2nd round and they gain an additional 2020 2nd rd pick from a Redskins team that will probably be a middle rd selection.  Had they picked at 26, I think that the player wouldn't be an immediate starter on the team, more depth and more than likely a possible starter in year 2. 

Would love for them to address the CB or S(don't think you can afford to use two of todays three picks on defensive backs but what do I know), WR and OL  based on what is available. 

CB - Byron Murphy, Greedy Williams, Rock Ya-Sin, Justin layne, Julian Love, Trayvon Mullen

My preference would be a combination of the bolded guys for the 3 picks in round 2 today. 

Another great move by Ballard. There are very few elite level players in this draft but several good ones. 3 picks in the 2nd is exactly where you want to be. Plus he gets another 2nd round next year that should be an early 2nd round pick because Redskins won't be good this year. 

Head scratchers from Day 1 for me. Giants, Packers, Raiders

4 minutes ago, rico said:

Daniel Jones?  6th pick?

No clue. The thing that gets me is some of these GM's apparently don't understand they can still get their guy they targeted but trade down and get more picks. I wouldn't be shocked if Ballard moved down from 34th pick today and got a couple more draft picks. He hinted at it last night. 

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No clue. The thing that gets me is some of these GM's apparently don't understand they can still get their guy they targeted but trade down and get more picks. I wouldn't be shocked if Ballard moved down from 34th pick today and got a couple more draft picks. He hinted at it last night. 

Well the Giants better hope and pray on this one.

7 minutes ago, rico said:

Well the Giants better hope and pray on this one.

Cardinals too. Their GM paid Sam Bradford ($16M last year), Glennon ($5M last year) and traded 1st, 3rd, 5th round picks to move up and get Josh Rosen last year. Now all those guys are gone, Rosen on the trade block and they take Murray. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Cardinals too. Their GM paid Sam Bradford ($16M last year), Glennon ($5M last year) and traded 1st, 3rd, 5th round picks to move up and get Josh Rosen last year. Now all those guys are gone, Rosen on the trade block and they take Murray. 

Well I completely understand the Cards thinking....as they are the most inept franchise in NFL history.

56 minutes ago, rico said:

Well I completely understand the Cards thinking....as they are the most inept franchise in NFL history.

Bet the come on a coach who has an under .500 record and a 5'10 QB who had 1 good year against college competition...So Bidwell SMH

3 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

I actually thought we could have gotten more to allow a team to move up 20 slot sin the draft.  I want the Colts to draft AJ Brown and Taylor

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ballard trade back again, especially if the Missouri QB is still on the board.

I could see Cody Ford/Jawaan Taylor, then a WR with the middle 2nd pick, and a Safety/CB with the other pick.

I know AJ Brown/Hakeem Butler is the "Sexy" WR Pick, but I wouldn't mind seeing Parris Campbell

1 hour ago, ephul said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ballard trade back again, especially if the Missouri QB is still on the board.

I could see Cody Ford/Jawaan Taylor, then a WR with the middle 2nd pick, and a Safety/CB with the other pick.

I know AJ Brown/Hakeem Butler is the "Sexy" WR Pick, but I wouldn't mind seeing Parris Campbell

Trade back with the Broncos for pick #41 and like #120(not sure what exact spot this pick is but close to this number) would be my guess if they trade.  Reports that the Raiders at #35 has declined two trades requests. 

1 minute ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Trade back with the Broncos for pick #41 and like #120(not sure what exact spot this pick is but close to this number) would be my guess if they trade.  Reports that the Raiders at #35 has declined two trades requests. 

Yep, that is a very intriguing option if you are Ballard.

Here's what I really like from Ballard. In 2 short years he's not only undone years of mistakes from RG but dramatically improved the entire roster/depth. That pick at 34 is might tasty to someone. Trade back again and get either another 2nd or 3rd in this year's draft but get another 2nd for next year too.  I could see him being able to follow the Patriots model...constantly having the most picks in every draft. 

My Bears GM (Pace) is doing a phenomenal job at his second first impression. His first couple of years/choices honestly just sucked....but something clicked and he's been hitting at a very high success rate lately. Once Brady is done....I could see Bears and Colts meeting up in Super Bowls again. 

Archived