2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's what I really like from Ballard. In 2 short years he's not only undone years of mistakes from RG but dramatically improved the entire roster/depth. That pick at 34 is might tasty to someone. Trade back again and get either another 2nd or 3rd in this year's draft but get another 2nd for next year too.  I could see him being able to follow the Patriots model...constantly having the most picks in every draft. 

My Bears GM (Pace) is doing a phenomenal job at his second first impression. His first couple of years/choices honestly just sucked....but something clicked and he's been hitting at a very high success rate lately. Once Brady is done....I could see Bears and Colts meeting up in Super Bowls again. 

A Bears/Colts match-up in the Super Bowl is not an enjoyable one for me to watch.

11 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Parris Campbell for Colts. Ballard waited and nailed it. Short passes and his speed. You have him TY, Funchess, Ebron and others.....Luck has to be very, very happy tonight. 

So now we got Parris Hilton?

Only surprise out of Ballard so far is no true DL, but overall, very solid. I see Banogu more as an NFL LB vs a true DE, but still strengthens the pass rush. Love the focus on D, but the one offensive pick is high impact.

I foresee more linemen in the lower rounds.

17 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Only surprise out of Ballard so far is no true DL, but overall, very solid. I see Banogu more as an NFL LB vs a true DE, but still strengthens the pass rush. Love the focus on D, but the one offensive pick is high impact.

I foresee more linemen in the lower rounds.

I'm a Canes fan. No clue why Gerald Willis has fallen so much. 1st round talent, size, speed.....if Ballard could swing him in the 6th it could be steal of draft. 

For what its worth, Mel Kiper Jr gave the Colts an "A" for this draft.  Has them as the best draft, which is very encouraging.  Sure draft grades can be silly but Kiper is very respectable unlike bleacher report and others that do the same draft grades. 

Colts got even better and have very good depth.  The WR3 competition will be exciting to watch.  Cain vs Parris will be great and very competitive. 

1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

For what its worth, Mel Kiper Jr gave the Colts an "A" for this draft.  Has them as the best draft, which is very encouraging.  Sure draft grades can be silly but Kiper is very respectable unlike bleacher report and others that do the same draft grades. 

Colts got even better and have very good depth.  The WR3 competition will be exciting to watch.  Cain vs Parris will be great and very competitive. 

We got faster and deeper on both sides of the ball.

Campbell is perfect "TY" insurance. And if Cain and Fountain show up at all, they'll give Funchess a run for his money out wide.

29 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not the biggest Mel Kiper jr fan but he just said his pick for AFC rep in Super Bowl is the Colts.

Kiper is one of the 2-3 that I actually do enjoy but I understand where he can rub people the wrong way. Gave only one A out and that was to Colts. One thing I think Mortensen tweeted out yesterday was an article from each of the Colts picks via the scouts. Very few if any organizations are this transparent. Love hearing from the behind the scenes guys and honestly no GM's allow this because of their own ego. 

I’m a Bengals fan, but really like what the Colts have done and are doing. They should be dangerous next season. I think the Browns look good on paper, but I’ll still have to see it to believe it. I can see the Chiefs taking a step back this season. The AFC should be up for grabs with aging Pats and Steelers.

12 hours ago, Danomatic said:

I’m a Bengals fan, but really like what the Colts have done and are doing. They should be dangerous next season. I think the Browns look good on paper, but I’ll still have to see it to believe it. I can see the Chiefs taking a step back this season. The AFC should be up for grabs with aging Pats and Steelers.

Being a Cincinnati local, I do keep my eye on the Bengals and ugh.....going to be a rough one. At least they didn't hire. Hue Jackson. Mike Brown needs to finally admit that running a team is about a stratosphere over his head and just...own.

14 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Being a Cincinnati local, I do keep my eye on the Bengals and ugh.....going to be a rough one. At least they didn't hire. Hue Jackson. Mike Brown needs to finally admit that running a team is about a stratosphere over his head and just...own.

Ya know, before the Colts moved to Indy the Bears were my team(and I still follow them closely).  But damn, I loved the Bengals back in the day.  That organization just leaves me shaking my head.  

Just now, rico said:

Ya know, before the Colts moved to Indy the Bears were my team(and I still follow them closely).  But damn, I loved the Bengals back in the day.  That organization just leaves me shaking my head.  

Kind of sad, but you can tell from the condition of the stadiums that at least the Reds are trying. Both venues are about the same age, but GABP has been refreshed a couple of times and seems relatively new. PBS is looking pretty threadbare and has to be near the bottom of the NFL in terms of amenities.

(And I'm not letting the fact that GABP now has Graeters ice cream bias this statement at all. And if you believe that, let me talk to you about this lovely beachside time share in Tucson....)

9 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Kind of sad, but you can tell from the condition of the stadiums that at least the Reds are trying. Both venues are about the same age, but GABP has been refreshed a couple of times and seems relatively new. PBS is looking pretty threadbare and has to be near the bottom of the NFL in terms of amenities.

(And I'm not letting the fact that GABP now has Graeters ice cream bias this statement at all. And if you believe that, let me talk to you about this lovely beachside time share in Tucson....)

Took me awhile to get the ice cream comment.  Good stuff!!!  Honestly, I haven't been to a Bengal game in the 'Nati since the early 80's.

20 hours ago, Danomatic said:

My next door neighbor growing up had a pretty unique Godfather.....his name was Ken Anderson. Won't ever forget collecting on my paper route 2-3 months after SB in 82 thinking it was the coolest thing ever to be talking to a Super Bowl QB. For that reason I've always wished the Bengals well and cheered for them but man.....hard organization to get behind. 

To me their franchise path was altered with leg injury to Carson Palmer in playoffs vs Steelers and 13 years later they still haven't recovered. I know it's been 3 decades since last playoff win but that team with Palmer at the helm was very, very, good

Archived