2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

16 hours ago, StLHoosier said:

I understand wanting the fans to feel involved, but their votes should not count in any of the sports All-Star games.  I know this is the NBA thread, but case in point is Darius Leonard not making the Pro Bowl.

Fans voted for Leonard.

@CauseThatsMyDJ  The highest I could find Leonard finishing in the fan vote was 6th, so no they didn't vote for him.  Technically they did since he got a vote, but you know what I mean.  He's the first player since the merger to be named to the All-Pro team and not make the Pro Bowl.  I'm just trying to state that the voting percentages or method needs changed.

12 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

16 hours ago, StLHoosier said:

I understand wanting the fans to feel involved, but their votes should not count in any of the sports All-Star games.  I know this is the NBA thread, but case in point is Darius Leonard not making the Pro Bowl.

Fans voted for Leonard.

@CauseThatsMyDJ  The highest I could find Leonard finishing in the fan vote was 6th, so no they didn't vote for him.  Technically they did since he got a vote, but you know what I mean.  He's the first player since the merger to be named to the All-Pro team and not make the Pro Bowl.  I'm just trying to state that the voting percentages or method needs changed.

He finished 3rd in the AFC at his position via fan voting. The players and coaches kept him out. These are just the facts.

27 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

He finished 3rd in the AFC at his position via fan voting. The players and coaches kept him out. These are just the facts.

Not doubting you, but can you link me the results?  I can't find that anywhere.  I was wondering how other players scored, but couldn't find final numbers for everyone.  Either way, something needs to change in the way the voting is handled in both the NFL and NBA.

3 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

Not doubting you, but can you link me the results?  I can't find that anywhere.  I was wondering how other players scored, but couldn't find final numbers for everyone.  Either way, something needs to change in the way the voting is handled in both the NFL and NBA.

https://www.colts.com/news/adam-vinatieri-tops-all-afc-kickers-in-final-pro-bowl-fan-voting-four-other-colt

image.png.36d4635d9aa0da3f247fefbce86f1028.png

Archived