2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:01 PM, KoB2011 said:

Yeah.... Except no. 

The Colts are a bad matchup for the Chiefs. The Chiefs are not a well balanced team, which means they have holes that can be exposed. It's why teams of the Chiefs profile (elite on one side of the ball, terrible on the other) rarely win the Super Bowl. Teams like the Chiefs frequently have dominant regular seasons then crap out in the playoffs. If any fanbase should be familiar, it is the Colts. We've seen dominant offenses lose to more balanced, well-rounded teams with a really good veteran QB time and time again. 

Looks like it was the Colts that crapped out today. Was hoping for a much closer game

Oh well, on to next year!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

very disappointing end to a very good and encouraging season.  Need to have another great off season and fill the holes we have and get to the Super bowl next year.  Need another good WR and OG on the offense and a pass rusher and another DT and CB on defense.

If Ballard has a 2019 draft like his 2018 draft, we are gonna be in GREAT shape. 

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Very frustrating game. One team executed in key spots, one didn't. Colts forced plenty of third and fourth downs and put themselves in a good spot enough times, just didn't make plays when they had to. At all. 

Sometimes that is just play off football.  At that level you got to execute.  And they didn't do it.

Great year 1 for Reich and developing what he wants in the locker room. Just a bad day at the office yesterday. No excuses just a bad but they all can take great pride from what they accomplished considering only 2 other teams started 1-5 and made playoffs. 

Colts obviously need some more help on defense....edge rushers. Luck needs more weapons too. Biggest question is with $120+ Million in cap space will the Colts be spenders? Goes against what Ballard believes in as he's similar to Polian where you draft and develop. Everyone will ask about Bell and Brown. Hard to say and hard to say no to them. I guess if I were taking a chance on either it would be Brown.

Not sure if anyone is a Cowboys fan (I'm not) but like to get thoughts on OC Scott Linehan. 2nd and 10 last night vs Rams with 6 minutes to go down 15 and he calls a run play. And he didn't face the media after the game. At least Parkey had the stones to take questions after missing his FG the prior week. 

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not sure if anyone is a Cowboys fan (I'm not) but like to get thoughts on OC Scott Linehan. 2nd and 10 last night vs Rams with 6 minutes to go down 15 and he calls a run play. And he didn't face the media after the game. At least Parkey had the stones to take questions after missing his FG the prior week. 

I don't have a problem with the tempo or play calls the Cowboys or Colts had late in their games. If the Cowboys defense makes a play they get the ball back with two minutes and one timeout; Colts forced a punt at 3:30 and a terrible call negated it. 

32 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'm not a football guy.  I watch the Colts, don't follow.  Is this guy worth it?  

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2019/01/12/denico-autry-grinds-referee-colts-vs-chiefs/2561161002/

Yes. He's a good player and it was a pretty weak call. 

I know exactly what he did, don't need anyone to remind me, it was really poor officiating to call that. For one, the refs need to understand the moment and need to have the self awareness to realize Autry wasn't dancing at him just because he was in close proximity. Secondly, I saw Chiefs players celebrating in his direction a series later and he didn't call it. It was a perfect example of a referee inserting himself where he didn't need to be inserted. 

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Chargers are yet another example of a warm weather team that does not do well in cold weather.

Don't know what it is with the Pats. Every year here they are 1 game away from another Super Bowl! I' thinking Belicheck has some kind of magical powers. I mean every frickin' year!

I agree on the Chargers.......and the Pats division sucks.

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Yes. He's a good player and it was a pretty weak call. 

I know exactly what he did, don't need anyone to remind me, it was really poor officiating to call that. For one, the refs need to understand the moment and need to have the self awareness to realize Autry wasn't dancing at him just because he was in close proximity. Secondly, I saw Chiefs players celebrating in his direction a series later and he didn't call it. It was a perfect example of a referee inserting himself where he didn't need to be inserted. 

Thanks for responding.   Whether it was valuable or not by rule, I do not know and didn't change the outcome.  Imo he literally jumped towards and faced the ref.  The ref did the right thing by rule or not.  

I was reading national comments from his former team fans, they claim he's not worth it.  May be sour grapes but that was absolutely idiotic.  

On 1/13/2019 at 9:33 PM, NotIThatLives said:

Thanks for responding.   Whether it was valuable or not by rule, I do not know and didn't change the outcome.  Imo he literally jumped towards and faced the ref.  The ref did the right thing by rule or not.  

I was reading national comments from his former team fans, they claim he's not worth it.  May be sour grapes but that was absolutely idiotic.  

I totally agree it was really dumb. I still think it was an incredibly weak call in a playoff game. 

Archived